Aluko will get new contract

OLD FIRM HERO ALUKO WILL GET NEW CONTRACT

Old Firm hero Sone Aluko

Tuesday March 27,2012

By Scott Burns

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist will make a new contract for Old Firm hero Sone Aluko his priority - as soon as the club is bought-over.

The Nigerian international put on a man-of-the-match display in the 3-2 win over Celtic and McCoist is desperate to extend his current deal beyond the summer.

Aluko, initially, signed a short-term contract at the end of last year although Rangers have an option in place to extend the arrangement for another two years.

The current deal would see the former Birmingham youngster double his current wage - although he would still be well down the Ibrox earning order.

The 23-year-old has also taken a cut, along with the rest of the Rangers first-team, to bail the administrators out and avoid any cuts before the summer.

McCoist knows that Aluko's value is increasing with every game and so will the interest unless he can get the former Aberdeen star tied up.

I enjoyed the match and I thought, as a team, we performed very well

Rangers' Sone Aluko

The Ibrox boss is hopeful his club will be taken out of administration over the coming weeks as Duff and Phelps look to cut the shortlist of registered buyers from five to three.

Aluko was just delighted to set the ball rolling, with the opening goal, in a win that denied Celtic the title.

He said: "It was a nice feeling to score in an Old Firm game.

"I wanted to make a positive impact. I just picked the ball up and ran at their defence, like I try to do in every game.

:clap:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, can imagine he'll get better offers down South but

It doesn't matter, we have the option to extend, until we decline that option or release him (Ie still in admin at start of next season) then he can't go anywhere else

They better reward him with some real money this time. He bet on Rangers and put his all out there and performed

Time for Rangers to step up.If there is one player who bet on us its him.He PAID to play and prove he was worth it.

Never saw that before.PAY HIM and REWARD HIM for his faith in us and his ability!

They better reward him with some real money this time. He bet on Rangers and put his all out there and performed

Time for Rangers to step up.If there is one player who bet on us its him.He PAID to play and prove he was worth it.

Never saw that before.PAY HIM and REWARD HIM for his faith in us and his ability!

NO if he WANTS to stay he should PAY us.