Next season's team?

nvager

Who knows what will yet happen between now and next season, but I hope we have better fullbacks and central defenders. Papac is ok but both Wallace and Whittaker are poor while defending. Goian and Bocanegra started off well, but have declined a lot in their performances - especially Goian - and both are slow.

In midfield we should have some youngsters coming through in McCabe, Ness and Hutton to challenge the older established players.

We need a quality wide man, although Aluko is good, and at least one quality striker.

I wonder if Russell and McKay-Smith of DU could be had? Templeton of Hearts? There are others out there too.

How did Goodwillie fare down South this season? Better than Fleck?

Should be an interesting summer for playing staff AND perhaps management.

McGregor

RB Perry Bocanegra Wallace

Davis Edu McCabe

Aluko ___________ Lafferty

Naismith

Reserves:

Alexander

Whittaker

Goian

Ness

Hutton

Fleck

Kerkar

Cole

Little

McCulloch

Mitchell

Would be happy with that squad.

Someone like Goodwillie on loan, or a similar type of EPL player that knows the SPL and isnt getting much of a game would be an added bonus.

I think Wallace is fine at LB, If I could I'd have Whittaker, Goian and Boca all replaced though.

A striker needs to be priority, then it would be defence for me.

But without knowing our situation next season it's impossible to be naming players we should be looking at going out or coming in.

the main man from Qatar to buy us

Allan McGregor

Daniel Alves

Mats Hummels

Carlos Bocanegra

Lee Wallace

Steven Davis

Javi Martinez

Thiago Alcantara

Neymar

Fernando Llorente

Steven Naismith

Subs-

Neil Alexander

Ross Perry

Maurice Edu

Jamie Ness

Sone Aluko

Kyle Lafferty

Steven Fletcher

I think that may be a little harsh on Boca. On occasion we look a disaster area at the back when he is out of our team. I'm not saying he is a silky CB who is going to bring us out of defense all the time, however, for me he brings an assured presence that is not there in his absence.

What is the alternative though? Kirk :anguish:

It's Goian for me. I knew he lacked pace, but I just didn't see his level of performance dropping off so much over the past few months, considering how he started.

If we are going to persist with Aluko on the right then we must, finally, get LM sorted out to at least some acceptable state. I know that Aluko is a left winger and you might say Naismith coming back in would be ideal with him playing RM and Aluko left, however, given how short we are up front, Naismith may be required for a more advanced role in the future. Either that or we probably need at least two new decent strikers, and they ain’t renowned for being cheap.

Starting 11:

Shagger

RB Perry Boca Wallace

Naismith Davis Edu Aluko

Striker Lafferty

Reckon we desperately need at least one, preferably two new strikers. Would love to see Ness go a decent run of games without getting injured, he has the potential to be excellent.

We aren't going to be benching one of our highest earners, experience has shown that even through some absolutly horrific performances this year.

I'm wondering if people are saying a new RB more out of hope than expectation, as I'd be amazed if Whittaker isn't our No.1 RB next season.

If we have to cut down on our wages and just keep the ship tight I would start Pre-Season like this :

McGregor

Ortiz Perry Bocanegra Wallace

Ness McCabe Davis

Aluko

Lafferty Naismith

Sell - Edu, Goian, Bedoya, Whittaker and Broadfoot.

Release - Papac, Alexander, Healy and Kerkar. Thanking them for their fantastic service, the first two names leaving with their heads held high.

And if, if, we had money to spend. I would look into buying Cammy Bell, nothing over £500,000. Buy a RB. Buy width. Buy a striker. Plus some loanees.

the main man from Qatar to buy us

Allan McGregor

Daniel Alves

Mats Hummels

Carlos Bocanegra

Lee Wallace

Steven Davis

Javi Martinez

Thiago Alcantara

Neymar

Fernando Llorente

Steven Naismith

Subs-

Neil Alexander

Ross Perry

Maurice Edu

Jamie Ness

Sone Aluko

Kyle Lafferty

Steven Fletcher

Aluko ahead of Neymar any day of the week

Also, McCulloch is twice the player Javi Martinez is and doesn't even get on the bench!

For shame!

If we have to cut down on our wages and just keep the ship tight I would start Pre-Season like this :

McGregor

Ortiz Perry Bocanegra Wallace

Ness McCabe Davis

Aluko

Lafferty Naismith

Sell - Edu, Goian, Bedoya, Whittaker and Broadfoot.

Release - Papac, Alexander, Healy and Kerkar. Thanking them for their fantastic service, the first two names leaving with their heads held high.

And if, if, we had money to spend. I would look into buying Cammy Bell, nothing over £500,000. Buy a RB. Buy width. Buy a striker. Plus some loanees.

I agree about selling one of the senior midfielders, but personally I'd sell Davis. Probably a larger transfer fee. I think Ness, McCabe or Fleck could fill Davis' roll, and I like the way Edu works at winning the ball back and playing for the full 90. Should see what price we could get for McGregor as well.

I agree about selling one of the senior midfielders, but personally I'd sell Davis. Probably a larger transfer fee. I think Ness, McCabe or Fleck could fill Davis' roll, and I like the way Edu works at winning the ball back and playing for the full 90. Should see what price we could get for McGregor as well.

I think either or I suppose..But I think Edu, in a sense, is ready/wants to leave.

On McGregor, personally, I'd keep him here until he ends his career. But again I understand if we get a large transfer offer for him.

Not a clue what team we'll have come next season.

As long as we keep McGregor, Aluko, Davis, and Naismith and hope young Ness can finally overcome his injury hell. Having him in the side is like a new signing. Hopefully McCabe can establish himself in the team soon aswell.

I'd keep Davis as long as he keeps a good level of consistency. Get Whittaker to fuck though everytime i see him on the ball i shite myself.

Whoever takes over will be making cuts to the playing squad. Nobody has the money these days to just throw £20m at the first team.

What we seen on sunday was encouraging though. Young mccabe, wallace, aluko, even big mcculloch.

Even if we do get rid of high earners, theres still quality to be had in the spl that would add to what we already have.

Theres 3 or 4 at kilmarnock, a couple at motherwell, obviously the 2 at dundee utd.

And (if the new owners stick with him), mccoist is going to need more time to learn his trade. I think he has to develop his tactical game.

We nearly drew that game on sunday which would have been a disaster as we were the much better team.

Optimistic and excited about the future though.

GOALKEEPERS

Alan McGregor

Neil Alexander

Scott Gallacher

RIGHT BACKS

Kirk Broadfoot

New Signing

Sell Whittaker. He's abysmal

LEFT BACKS

New signing

Lee Wallace (as cover)

Papac will quit I'd imagine at end of season

CENTRE BACKS

Ross Perry

Carlos Bocanegra

2 New Signings

Release Goian

MIDFIELDERS

Steven Naismith

Jamie Ness

Rhys McCabe

Steven Davis

Andy Mitchell

Salim Kerkar

Sone Aluko

1 new signing

Sell Mo Edu and release Bedoya.

FORWARDS

Lee McCulloch

Andy Little

Kyle Lafferty

1 new signing

Release Healy and Hemmings

GOALKEEPERS

Alan McGregor

Neil Alexander

Scott Gallacher

RIGHT BACKS

Kirk Broadfoot

New Signing

Sell Whittaker. He's abysmal

LEFT BACKS

New signing

Lee Wallace (as cover)

Papac will quit I'd imagine at end of season

CENTRE BACKS

Ross Perry

Carlos Bocanegra

2 New Signings

Release Goian

MIDFIELDERS

Steven Naismith

Jamie Ness

Rhys McCabe

Steven Davis

Andy Mitchell

Salim Kerkar

Sone Aluko

1 new signing

Sell Mo Edu and release Bedoya.

FORWARDS

Lee McCulloch

Andy Little

Kyle Lafferty

1 new signing

Release Healy and Hemmings

Hmm Wallace as cover? He will be first choice LB next season ( you don’t pay more than £1 million for back up players these days) I would have imagined and Edu has been our best midfielder this season so selling him would be a big mistake.

Players I think will leave (regardless of takeover) are Goain, Papac, McKay, Bedoya, Healy, Broadfoot, Fleck, Alexander and Ortiz

I do expect a few bigger players to leave because whoever takeover will need to balance the books so I think we could 1 or 2 of Davis, Shagger, Whittaker or even Lafferty leaving to ease the wage bill. I suppose it all depends on who takes over and what their plans are for the playing squad.

Ideally:

Shagger

New RB - New CB - Bocanegra - Wallace

Naismith - Davis - Ness - Aluko

New Striker - New Striker

Reserves:

Alexander

Broadfoot

Goian

Perry

New LB (Papac is getting old)

McCabe

Hutton

Fleck

New Winger

Lafferty

Transfers in:

RB - Tom Hateley? Would also cover as midfield. Or that Scott Sutter fella.

Winger - Jamie Murphy, can also cover as striker. Or Templeton, or James Dayton (heard he is a good winger on here)

CB - Juhasz got to be. Or what about Paul Hanlon? Not seen much of him but according to wiki he is the hibs VC and scored 2 goals in 18 games for Scotland, not bad for a 22 yo defender (plus he has shown sympathy for us in the past :craphead:)

Strikers - Salihi (if there's any chance of getting him from DC united), Goodwillie on loan (although he's scored 2 in 16 appearances according to wiki), Johnny Russell (may as well try and get him, not unheard of for a someone to play for the otherside, plus yellowfang is clueless) - not sure who else is available tbh. Lukaku/rhodes on loan?

LB - tbh doesn't have to be anyone special - just a decent young LB from the youth squad or =. Papac could cover Wallace for most of next season and Lee is still young.

From the current squad I'd set us as (assuming everyone fit)

................McGregor

Whittaker...Perry....Bocanegra....Wallace

.............Edu........McCabe

...Naismith......Davis..........Aluko

..............New CF/ Jig

I think Goian is a liability at time and would rather bring through some youth. I'd like to see a new CF who can do what Jig does and bully the defence and hold up the ball to allow Naismith/Aluko and Davis to come up and support.

If we are out of administration I think Mark Reynolds is a player who will come back in to McCoist's thinking this Summer.

We were regularly linked with him when he was at Motherwell during Smith's tenure (i think we actually had a bid rejected did we not?) and after failing in England he has come back up here as played a massive role in Aberdeen's turn around in fortunes.

He basically ticks all the boxes that McCoist is likely to go after: young but experienced, Scottish, likely to be available at a reasonable rate and versatile. And yes I know he's a boyhood Celtic fan too :craphead:

I'm not sure if he's good enough for us, but he's one player who I fully expect us to be linked with at some point this Summer.

Transfers in:

RB - Tom Hateley? Would also cover as midfield. Or that Scott Sutter fella.

Winger - Jamie Murphy, can also cover as striker. Or Templeton, or James Dayton (heard he is a good winger on here)

I'd sign up Tom Hateley in a heartbeat, his Dad would convince him of a move, the only block would be the transfer fee.

My mate in work is a good friend of Jamie Murphy, his family are all Rangers die hards, and I played football with his wee brother in P.E at school haha.

Apparently he's more than happy at Motherwell just now, and he's apprehensive about a move to Rangers because he's a consistent player for Motherwell.

Obviously I can't confirm that, but my mate hangs about with him on a regular basis, and is also a teddy bear.