whitaker looking a player again

ylfb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, I always thought he would make a good right sided midfielder, not the most skillful but fast strong got height and can crack one plus would track back. Ever since his goal against sporting lisbon on our manchester run i was saying play him further forward! very versatile too, good player to have

Spoke to durrant and he said whits has unbeleavable ability and technique in training just doesnt always take it on to pitch on a satarday and that is the frustrating part for the coaches

Happens every year.

He gets Sodomised in Europe versus decent players, it then takes around 6 months to recover confidence v sub-par spl dross. At which point he masquerades as a good player.

Rinse and repeat.

I've always thought Whittaker would be an incredible attacking midfielder.

He has pace, confidence, can shoot with both feet, and isn't to great with keeping things simple.

He'd be much better up the park, causing defences problems.

Thats why I like him in a defensive midfield capcity as there is still cover when he makes mistakes but he can still get forward into shooting positions occasionally. Similarly there was cover when he was playing wing back. But defensive frailties at RB in a standard 4,4,2. If we're playing this I'd rather see perry allowing goian and Boca available.

Happens every year.

He gets Sodomised in Europe versus decent players, it then takes around 6 months to recover confidence v sub-par spl dross. At which point he masquerades as a good player.

Rinse and repeat.

This

THe people sticking up for him in here will be the same ones that are calling him shite and ripping into him when he fucks up next year (although not in Europe obviousley).

Face the facts he is an absoloutley dire defender

Whittaker is and always will be a fucking heart attack waiting to happen, the scums 2nd goal last week was due to his complete inability to defend giving away a needless free kick with seconds to go. Bombscare, moments of magic are too few and too far between, 10% brilliance 90% fucking mince.

I can see peoples point ye he is undoubtedly better going forward than he is defending but he is equally as likely to get sent off or do something fucking insane as he is to score a 20 yard thunderbolt the guys too much of a risk you never know what your going to get from him. Definatley has talent cannot be denied anyone saying otherwise is deluded but fuck me remember Malmo?