German Bid ?.

Swagger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumoured to be a strong candidate for next German Chancellor after Merkel. I work in Hamburg at times and he is well known as the The head of Lower Saxony. Pity his local team Hannover 96 play in the enemy colours! Bundesliga here we come!

Gers Enjoy State Visit!

Sun, Jul 10, 2011

Tweet

Exclusive from Lindsay Herron in Germany

Exclusive pics: Kirk O'Rourke

RANGERS enjoyed a "state visit" today at their German training HQ when the Prime Minister of Lower Saxony, David McAllister, meet Ally McCoist, his staff and players and Director of Football Gordon Smith.

Mr McAllister is a lifelong Rangers supporter after being born and brought up in Germany by his Scottish father and German mother.

PM David McAllister visits the team in GermanyAnd he revealed he used to collect Panini stickers of McCoist when he was younger.

The Prime Minister is the equivalent of Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond and was thrilled to take time out of his busy schedule to travel from Hannover to meet and chat with the squad.

The Rangers manager handed over a signed Rangers shirt and other club memorabilia and formally invited Mr McAllister to visit Ibrox and Murray Park.

The Prime Minister said: "It was a great moment for me to meet Ally McCoist and the players.

"I'm very pleased that Rangers are spending a week here in Lower Saxony and when I heard they were here and was invited to come and visit I was more than delighted.

"My father was a keen Rangers supporter and I remember when I was growing up we used to listen out for the score every Saturday night on British Forces Broadcasting Services when James Alexander Gordon read out the classified results.

"It's a great pleasure to meet Ally McCoist and his players. I remember I had a Panini sticker of Ally around the time of the 1990 World Cup - although he had longer hair then!

"Ally and Gordon Smith have kindly invited me to come to Ibrox and I would love to do that at some point in the future."

Mr McAllister was born in West Berlin in 1971 where his father was stationed and is still fiercely proud of his Scottish roots.

He got into politics with the Christian Democrats when his family moved to the Lower Saxony area and he became Prime Minister last year when his predecessor Christian Wulff became President of Germany.

Indeed there is serious thought here that he may go on to hold the same office.

McCoist said: "It was tremendous to meet David. It's a great honour for us that he took time out from his busy schedule to come and visit us.

"We would love him to come across to Ibrox for a game in the future and he said he would love to come."

0,,5~9786683,00.jpg

Interesting to note from his wikipedia page??

Prime Minister of Lower Saxony

On 4 June 2010, he was designated by his party to succeed Christian Wulff as Prime Minister of Lower Saxony, if the latter were to be elected President of Germany on 30 June. After the election of Wulff as President, David McAllister was elected the new Prime Minister of Lower Saxony the following day. He was subsequently also appointed to the supervisory board of Volkswagen, the largest company of Lower Saxony and of which the state of Lower Saxony is a major stockholder.

I'm in no way implying this as any sort of fact, but could this be where he could possibly be getting the money?