Liquidation is the best option now.

gersandy

Only a fool now would now disagree that liquidation is the best option for us.

£55m owed to other clubs, losing £2m a month even WITH players dropping wages, a big tax case hanging over us.

Even if a new owner comes in, i can see us just going into admin again and again.

Unless some arab billionaire comes in, we'd be better off starting afresh.

Id be happy to watch a weak rangers team for a few years, if it meant the club was being run correctly.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£55m owed to other clubs, losing £2m a month even WITH players dropping wages, a big tax case hanging over us.

Even if a new owner comes in, i can see us just going into admin again and again.

Id be happy to watch a weak rangers team for a few years, if it meant the club was being run correctly.

Fail

How any true Rangers fan can come away with that pile of tosh is beyond me.

We surely don't owe £55M to other clubs.

Correct. It's about £3 million to other clubs and Rangers is owed about the same from other clubs. Moreover, £8 million is theoretically owed to the debenture holders. Essentially, it comes down to Ticketus at £27 million and HMRC at £14 million at the moment.

Correct. It's about £3 million to other clubs and Rangers is owed about the same from other clubs. Moreover, £8 million is theoretically owed to the debenture holders. Essentially, it comes down to Ticketus at £27 million and HMRC at £14 million at the moment.

we are owed 3.8m and we owe 3.3m to other clubs. Good luck gettin any reputable journalist to actually push this kind of fact forward though

Also, re: Ticketus, that is down to £10m should TBK get control of the club

SERIOUSLY????

that is it 20 minutes drive to the Erskine Bridge its been lovely guys...

A tad excitable don't you think.

let's await the outcome of the assessment of the three bidders before sliting wrists.

How is it? We can do all the changes needed in order for us to be making money, rather than losing it, without having to liquidate.

All it takes is strict and disciplined approach to our finances and we will be okay.

Can I also add, what a very, very strange thing for a Rangers fan to think.

Am i missing something here, Walter Smith came out and said last Friday when he left 9 months ago all debt was cleared and Rangers were in their best financial state for 70-80 years.

Where do these figures come from?

From the OP's fevered imagination.

Yeah, I think we're owed slightly more than we owe, as far as other football clubs are concerned.

HMRC seem like the biggest party in our situation-they'll probably be the ones who decide for or against a CVA, especially if it's the Blue Knights who are to take over, as Ticketus' £27M won't be part of our debts to our creditors.

I'm worried about what happens after we possibly get a CVA. Surely other companies will be reluctant to do business with us given our financial mishaps and we'll end up having a wage budget a lot smaller than our current one.

Still though, CVA should hopefully be accomplished.