Naisy Could Be Back By The End Of Season

ALLY McCOIST has admitted Steven Naismith could pull on a Rangers jersey again before the season is out.

The versatile midfielder is making excellent progress after suffering cruciate knee ligament damage against Aberdeen at Pittodrie less than six months ago.

He has been back outside running again and with more than four weeks until the SPL campaign ends, there is a small chance he could play prior to the summer break.

Naismith spent this afternoon having a routine scan done on the injury as Gers continue to monitor him.

Now McCoist holds hope the former Kilmarnock star could get some minutes under his belt between now and the game with St Johnstone on May 13 at McDiarmid Park.

But he maintains he will only field Naismith if the club's medical staff give the Scotland international the green light to return to action.

McCoist told Blues News: "Stevie is doing really well and he was going for a scan today just to check up on his knee and make sure everything is ok.

"He's coming along really nicely but there is no point in rushing anything at the moment with the end of the season coming.

"With that said, I would nice to see if Naisy maybe could get a game in somewhere, although we'd obviously take advice from the medical team on that.

"For his own peace of mind, if nothing else, it would be good if he could get 45 minutes somewhere and then he could go away and have a holiday knowing he is absolutely fine.

"It's not a disaster if that doesn't happen though and if he comes back in pre-season instead we will be fine with that.

"The one thing about Steven is he trains and works exceptionally hard all the time, whether he is training or coming back from an injury.

"He's got that kind of attitude and mental strength that always gives you a chance of coming back that little bit earlier when you're out."

No need to be honest. Nothing to play for anyway, and we aren't doing too badly now that we have a near full strength XI. If he's not 100%, there's obviously the chance of him being set back even further. Give him the pre season to get back to full fitness.

Tbh I'd like to see him get like 5 minutes at the end of the st johnstone game. Purely to end the season on a high. Tell him not to bother doing much though, just incase. We don't know what is going to happen financially and he may never get to wear our shirt again.

Can't wait to see him in our jersey again.

Listening to Clyde right now and even before a call Guidi just said Naisy wants to play this year to showcase himself down south, and Guidi says Naisy wants to leave in the summer for the EPL. I only get this radio station here in Canada, thats why I am listening right now, Guidi also said a lot of our big players will be leaving in the summer

dont see how people see it as a risk playing him this season. we still have 5 games left. for him to play say 20 mins then 30 mins in the last two games i think it would do his confidence a world of good. he wont be rushed back as there is no reason to, so why all the hysteria? if he's not rushed back then it means he is fit...