Bill Ng Denies Ticketus Deal

The Singaporean consortium led by Bill Ng that is bidding for Rangers has denied that an agreement has been struck with Ticketus.

On Monday, Paul Murray's Blue Knights said it was "stepping back" from the process because its bid could not match the deal Ticketus and Ng had struck.

"We have not agreed on any terms with Ticketus at the moment," Ng told BBC Scotland.

A rival bid from American Bill Miller is being considered by administrators.

Ng added: "I do not want to speculate on the reasons of Blue Knights' withdrawal but the apparent withdrawal from the bidding process by the Blue Knights means only that the chances of taking over increases for the two remaining bidders left in the process."

Continue reading the main story

We still believe that a partnership with Ticketus represents the best opportunity of the club exiting administration via a CVA

Paul Murray

Blue Knights consortium

He would not comment on reports suggesting his consortium has offered £14m and more immediate repayment terms to Ticketus, the firm who supplied Craig Whyte with funds to buy Rangers last May.

The Blue Knights, with Ticketus as a partner, had appeared to be front-runners to take the club over from administrators Duff & Phelps.

It had hoped to be named preferred bidder on Friday and was asked to provide a £500,000 non-refundable deposit for exclusivity.

Murray told BBC Scotland that Ticketus were not prepared to provide this cash for the administrators on Friday and over the weekend he said it became clear that Ticketus had agreed a "substantially" better deal with Ng's group of investors.

"We stand ready to complete our offer of 4 April which included a deal in principle with Ticketus. We still believe that a partnership with Ticketus represents the best opportunity of the club exiting administration via a CVA," said Murray.

With the Blue Knights cooling its interest, perhaps temporarily, it leaves Ng and Miller to fight it out for control of the Glasgow club.

"The best interest for Rangers will be the best bid forward; we accept this as a matter of fact," said Ng.

"I do not have the facts of what Mr Bill Miller has proposed. I only know what I can do and what my plans are for the club, if I am successful.

Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

"I believe it is more important for me to stay focused at this point of time and prepare for our ground works, regardless of the result of the announcement by the administrators."

Meanwhile, Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy has reiterated his claim that he may re-enter the bidding process should the club face liquidation, rather than an exit from administration through a company voluntary arrangement.

"I do not want to distract the time-critical process of appointing preferred bidders," he said.

"However, should this fall through with the effect of endangering the existence of RFC, I would reconsider my position."

We might be out of administration come the World Cup...in Qatar <cr>

More likely it seems stalling tactics are being employed until the result of the FTT is known, presumably, negotiations are on hold until HMRC know where their bargaining position starts. £100m or £30m?

Wish to fluck we could fast forward to August.

why does PM have such a desperate need for Ticketus to put up the 500k, surely his consortium must have the ability to find that much ready cash between them without having to go to a company that's already owed 27 million. It sounds to me that the so-called 'Blue Knights' is actually only the 'Blue Knight' who needs Ticketus to totally finance his takeover - adding more debt to what's already there.

why does PM have such a desperate need for Ticketus to put up the 500k, surely his consortium must have the ability to find that much ready cash between them without having to go to a company that's already owed 27 million. It sounds to me that the so-called 'Blue Knights' is actually only the 'Blue Knight' who needs Ticketus to totally finance his takeover - adding more debt to what's already there.

because its 500k down the drain to whoever puts it up wait and see.

2 weeks will pass and we won't be one inch further forward.

tbk ain't daft.

Fucking BBC again. What is with they cunts. Why are they always the first one to come out with a negative story about any bidder who is interested in us.

Yeah, its the BBCs fault for asking relevant questions, and you not getting the answers you want.

Just because a deal hasn't been concluded between Ticketus and Bill NG doesn't mean that no deal will ever be reached.

For all we know a confirmed deal is imminent and both parties are bound to take their time in coming to a binding agreement (tu)

TBK statement on BBC

"As part of the process of awarding exclusivity Duff & Phelps had requested a non-refundable deposit. During the course of Friday Ticketus informed us that they were not prepared to provide this deposit.

"During the course of the weekend individuals within the consortium offered to put up the deposit subject to a small number of conditions which were broadly agreed with Duff & Phelps."

RFC needs Ticketus to approve a CVA and it has been said countless times that it is better to reach an amicable deal now. RFC does not have the time to have this drag on in that manner. Craig Whyte has muddied the waters so much with his scurrilous dealings that this is not a straightforward administration. If this was an ordinary business we would have been in liquidation from the outset.

Whilst we all find this situation extremely frustrating and worrying, we need to realise the complexities involved. Unfortunately we have too many amateur accountants on RM who either want to press the panic button or else criticise the bidding parties without having any information to justify such criticism.

Meanwhile, Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy has reiterated his claim that he may re-enter the bidding process should the club face liquidation, rather than an exit from administration through a company voluntary arrangement.

"I do not want to distract the time-critical process of appointing preferred bidders," he said.

"However, should this fall through with the effect of endangering the existence of RFC, I would reconsider my position."

I fuckin love Brian Kennedy :h34rt:

RFC needs Ticketus to approve a CVA and it has been said countless times that it is better to reach an amicable deal now.

Why? What Rangers clearly needs is a delineation between what liabilities it has and those held by Whyte. Both Ticketus and Whyte can't be allowed to have the same hold over the club. If I have one criticism of the administrators it would be that they seem to have moved on from their efforts to clarify the legal positions of Whyte and Ticketus.

TBK statement on BBC

RFC needs Ticketus to approve a CVA and it has been said countless times that it is better to reach an amicable deal now.

I may be repeating myself from a post days ago, but the only people that RFC really need to approve a CVA are the HMRC. Even if Ticketus agree in theory to a pence in the pound deal, HMRC are the only people who can nix that.

As for Bill NG and Ticketus, the first reports on Sky that I heard said that TBK moved aside which now opened things up for Bill NG "to enter a similar deal with Ticketus - or not". There was nothing definitive reported about it was there?

I have officially chucked monitoring the media about this. One day, something solid will get announced. And I'll need to hear that solid thing repeated for about 100 days in a row before I can bring myself to believe that the opposite isn't about to be reported somewhere else.

Because they ain't daft ... always gamble with money you can afford to lose, or, better still, someone else's money.

not in this case, as Ticketus are not a reg charity and would have been looking for guarantees. They would have been looking for a rather tasty return for this money.