SFA sponsors

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent this to McDonalds:

Dear Sir/Madame,

In light of recent actions taken by the Scottish Football Association (SFA) against Rangers Football Club, I have decided that I shall be boycotting all businesses, corporations and institutions that sponsor the SFA.

It is my understanding that McDonald's are currently an SFA sponsor and so I shall henceforth be boycotting McDonald's with immediate effect. The boycott shall be sustained until the sponsorship has concluded.

Regards

Just received this from Vauxhall,

Dear Sir

I write further to your email received on 25 April 2012, regarding sponsorship of the Scottish Football Association.

I can confirm, we have received your comments and are currently reviewing with our Public Relations Department.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and allowing me the opportunity to assist.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and allowing me the opportunity to comment.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Fenwick

Customer Service Manager

Sent emails to the ones on the list I use.

Should also mention you will be using sites such as facebook, twitter and forums to encourage other customers to boycott them as big companies are worried about online campaigns gathering pace and hurting their business.

just received this from Vauxhall

Dear Sir

I write further to your email received on 25 April 2012, regarding sponsorship of the Scottish Football Association.

I can confirm, we have received your comments and are currently reviewing with our Public Relations Department.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and allowing me the opportunity to assist.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Fenwick

Customer Service Manager

If anyone wants to let sarah know your feelings, her email is vauxhall.customerassistance@uk.gm.com

Guest Andypendek

From the Mars contact page:

Welcome to Mars Consumer Care in the UK

At Mars, Consumer feedback is really important to us, which is why we want to be able to answer any questions you may have about our products. If you cannot find the information you are looking for on this website, or wish to contact us for more details, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Consumer Care team, using the links below.

This is why it's vital to contact them. Even just a one line email; 'I won't be eating any more Marsy Bars until you have no links with the SFA. Cheers, Mr.X' will do. Come on, you're online or you couldn't read this. Do it!

Fired off this email today

Dear Sirs,

I recently gave my details to staff in Braehead who were showcasing the fabulous new Vauxhall Zafira as I was due to purchase a new car in June. I am writing to you to inform you that as sponsors to the Scottish Football Association I will no longer consider purchasing a Vauxhall. The Scottish Football Association is a body which has recently found it necessary to be as draconian and heavy handed as possible with Rangers Football Club.

You may be aware of the predicament my club finds itself in through no fault of the fans, the manager or the team, yet our governing body (who you sponsor and support) has decided to make it infinitely more difficult for our club to survive administration.

I cannot tolerate this action and therefore will take the only action available to me, withdrawal of support from the sponsors of this farcical organisation.

I hope that Vauxhall can discuss the matter with the SFA and seek to overturn this unprecedented and apparently vindictive sanction.

Yours faithfully

My reply from Vauxhall

Dear Mr ************,

With reference to your recent feedback received regarding the partnership of Vauxhall Motors and the Scottish Football Association. Please see below the official statement released by Vauxhall regarding this matter:

“Vauxhall is the lead partner of the SFA and proud supporter of Scottish men’s and women’s international football from grass roots to senior level. Quite correctly it is the sole responsibility of the SFA as to how they implement their governance procedures across all their constituent clubs.”

Yours sincerely,

Vauxhall Motors

0800 953 1617

For and On Behalf of Vauxhall Motors

reply from Tesco

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e mail about our involvement with the Scottish FA. I am writing to give you details of the Tesco Bank Football Challenge.

Tesco Bank, as part of the wider Tesco business, takes its community responsibilities seriously.

Over the past two years, we have developed a Community Investment programme aimed at promoting the health and wellbeing of young people across the whole of Scotland. To make a difference to the lives of as many children as possible, we partner with a range of organisations who share our aims. This includes partnerships with the National Galleries of Scotland and The Reading Agency.

As part of this commitment, we have developed the Tesco Bank Football Challenge alongside the Scottish FA.

Since it kicked off in September 2010, the Tesco Bank Football Challenge has developed into a successful and popular grassroots sports programme, involving over 30,000 boys and girls aged 6 – 8 years from primary schools in every local authority in Scotland.

We are delighted with the feedback on the programme from Tesco customers, schools, parents and, most importantly, the children participating in it. As a result, Tesco Bank has committed to take forward the programme, in partnership with the Scottish FA, over the next 2 years so even more children can benefit from its physical and educational aspects.

Thank you for contacting us.

Kind Regards

Sian Hackwood

Tesco Customer Servic

Oh well no more Tesco for me then :crabflute:

In reply to your recent e-mail, I am writing to give you details of the Tesco Bank Football Challenge.

Tesco Bank, as part of the wider Tesco business, takes its community responsibilities seriously.

Over the past two years, we have developed a Community Investment programme aimed at promoting the health and wellbeing of young people across the whole of Scotland. To make a difference to the lives of as many children as possible, we partner with a range of organisations who share our aims. This includes partnerships with the National Galleries of Scotland and The Reading Agency.

As part of this commitment, we have developed the Tesco Bank Football Challenge alongside the Scottish FA.

Since it kicked off in September 2010, the Tesco Bank Football Challenge has developed into a successful and popular grassroots sports programme, involving over 30,000 boys and girls aged 6 - 8 years from primary schools in every local authority in Scotland.

We are delighted with the feedback on the programme from Tesco customers, schools, parents and, most importantly, the children participating in it. As a result, Tesco Bank has committed to take forward the programme, in partnership with the Scottish FA, over the next 2 years so even more children can benefit from its physical and educational aspects.

George Gordon,

Head of Communications. Tesco Bank.

Another one that would probably be worth targeting is Greaves Sports.

They are a small company really, with only 5 stores, all in Scotland - so a potential boycott would hit them much harder than a lot of the global companies.

just in from work and the first of many emails to the sponsers......................... this one to William Hill.

Graham,

Good Afternoon,

It is with with some regret that i have to advise that i will be withdrawing my custom from your high street shops of which i am a Very Good customer. Over many years i have been using your establishments wherein you assist with the frequent disposal of my well earned cash. The relationship over the years has been very much to your benefit.

It is unfortunate that your organisation will bear the burden of this call to arms from me and as many colleagues and friends as I can muster. You will no doubt be aware that the SFA, of which you are a no doubt valued sponsor have instigated a victimisation of my club with no previous precedence being set while other clubs have been in our situation. We the Rangers Support will not stand back and watch while our famous club are victimised by a draconian organisation who seem hell bent in delaying the purchase of our club and in doing so stopping our route out of administration.

This call to arms is nation wide and has and will grow to such numbers as to have a detrimental effect on not only your organisations profitability but any company who contributes and has association to the faceless organisation that is the SFA.

My father took me to my first game to watch The Rangers and I took him to his last. That's the way of things around these parts and the way it will stay. This act against the sponsors' of the SFA will help insure that every Rangers Supporter is afforded the self same opportunity. This is our quest.

Rest assured my slight betting affliction will not cease over this time, i will of course be visiting another establishment/s to deposit coffers into their accounts. I hope you as an organisation reconsider your stance as to who you do business with and consider withdrawing your sponsorship deal with the SFA.

I would point out that i will return to your establishments as soon as your position in this regard is a least made public, the very least i expect is a condemnation of the SFA's actions against my club.

Yours in Sport

Regards