Murray spent over the odds .....Whyte spent nothing!

I'm seeing loads of posts where people still blame Murray for the mess we're in but i don't! Like most of us i was Taken in by Whytes lies. I just can't see how Murray is to blame for us entering Administration, This time last year we were about to win the league, The debt was between 14-18m, Down from 70m due to Walter Smiths tremendous management skills!! Whyte took over didn't pay PAYE or many other creditors as we've come to know them like Dunfermline Dundee Utd etc. This NEVER HAPPENED during Murrays reign, Yes we were in Debt but Murray ALWAYS seen the creditors right! But now it's we owe Rapid 1M fOR Jela, Hearts 800k for Wallace and so on. In my opinion Whyte Took a loan to buy our club, Thought we would qualify for Europe and when we didn't there was NO PLAN B!! This is when i think it all started to go horribly wrong!! I think the biggest mistake Murray made Before selling to Whyte in the last 5 or so years was not spending money on Mendes, Davis & Edu 1 week earlier than he did as our tired squad missed out on CL football!! Apart from that he did everything we wanted maybe not it the Big Eck or Le Guen eras but he certainly backed Smith!!! I think Murray spent way too much during the 90s but at least he spent Money.... Whyte on the other had didn't spend...Invest or Pay bills ..... I rest my case

The problem Maxi-Murray has is that no one believes that a two-bit chancer like Whyte could ever hoodwink him. And his profligacy over the mid-years of his tenure at Rangers is largely at the root of the problems. But is that his fault? Well, lots of people and businesses got caught up in the profligacy of the Brown boom. For years and years Maxi-Murray also lorded it over everyone, fans included, in a way that not even William Waddell - with his stern lectures to the tikes and drunkards - did and unlike Waddell he hasn't the legacy of leaving a strong Rangers for the future.

Murray's blatant failure is in selling the club to Whyte.

The actions taken under Whyte are what put us into administration. I thought that we were probably heading into admin this season, but only because I thought we may lose the BTC, certainly not before the judgement was even made.

I'm seeing loads of posts where people still blame Murray for the mess we're in but i don't! Like most of us i was Taken in by Whytes lies. I just can't see how Murray is to blame for us entering Administration, This time last year we were about to win the league, The debt was between 14-18m, Down from 70m due to Walter Smiths tremendous management skills!! Whyte took over didn't pay PAYE or many other creditors as we've come to know them like Dunfermline Dundee Utd etc. This NEVER HAPPENED during Murrays reign, Yes we were in Debt but Murray ALWAYS seen the creditors right! But now it's we owe Rapid 1M fOR Jela, Hearts 800k for Wallace and so on. In my opinion Whyte Took a loan to buy our club, Thought we would qualify for Europe and when we didn't there was NO PLAN B!! This is when i think it all started to go horribly wrong!! I think the biggest mistake Murray made Before selling to Whyte in the last 5 or so years was not spending money on Mendes, Davis & Edu 1 week earlier than he did as our tired squad missed out on CL football!! Apart from that he did everything we wanted maybe not it the Big Eck or Le Guen eras but he certainly backed Smith!!! I think Murray spent way too much during the 90s but at least he spent Money.... Whyte on the other had didn't spend...Invest or Pay bills ..... I rest my case

Cool story Dave.

You mean that you are a headcase defending that scumbag Murray.

Murray had 3 fucking chances at mending his ways at our club, the first time he bailed the club out using MIH, the second time he had to have control of the clubs finances taken off of him by the clubs bankers, and strike 3 was his supposed "i was duped by Whyte" scenario when it is plain to see that Murray knew what the fuck he was doing

Murray had 3 fucking chances at mending his ways at our club, the first time he bailed the club out using MIH, the second time he had to have control of the clubs finances taken off of him by the clubs bankers, and strike 3 was his supposed "i was duped by Whyte" scenario when it is plain to see that Murray knew what the fuck he was doing

Murray wasn't the only person to be duped by Whyte, see Ticketus for details. When Whyte first came on the scene, a fair number of fans were taken in at the same time. The guy is a conman, and damned good at it. Initially playing along with the fans to get them onside and take the spotlight off himself. We are all wise after the event. Murray had his faults but Whyte is just a criminal as far as I'm concerned and I hope he takes me to court for the accusation.

Whytes a smarmy liar, spinned allsorts of lies about 5million warchests and ally could have more if needed blah blah blah the bbc found him out and then the alarm bells started ringing, everyone knew the scenario at rangers we were about 25mill in debt and had tax case looming it was sustainable for years ok we knew if we lost the tax case yes games a bogey but thats still neither here or there yet, whytes a conman who's done nothing but asset strip us from players to season books and even the arsenal shares, least under murray we've had some great times saw some great players and great memories that's the way I see it, plus I thought if we lost the big tax case murray was gonna be held accountable for that?