Leggat Blog

WALTER SMITH! THE MAN TO SAVE RANGERS

ARISE 'SIR' WALTER….

AGAIN!

And once again Rangers supporters have the Daily Record to thank for the REAL story of what is happening to their club.

Once again the two men who have led the WHYTE SCANDAL and the Rangers crisis stories from day one, Jim Traynor and Keith Jackson, have delivered.

And it is good news for Rangers. Good news for Rangers supporters. For Walter Smith is the man who Duff and Phelps have described as having Rangers connections who is attached to one of the new bids and who will play a public role in it when the wraps come off.

Could there be better news for Rangers supporters than that?

NO!

It will signal a huge sigh of relief beyond belief from those legions of beleaguered fans of the stricken Ibrox club who have suffered as a succession of time wasters, a long list of sharks and charlatans, plus a host of bankers and Yankees have messed with them.

For years there has been a saying among Rangers fans, a mantra of reassurance they have preached to each other in tough times. It is…

IN WALTER WE TRUST!

Well, times have never been tougher for the club and its fans than they are right now. The moment has never been more vital for someone to step up and assume responsibility.

The need never more urgent than now, for a figure to emerge in whom the Ibrox legions can place their trust.

And there could be nobody – and I do mean nobody – anywhere, better suited intellectually, emotionally and from the point of view of character too, than a man carved in the image of the legendary Bill Struth.

WALTER SMITH!

Now, barring any more ducking and diving from Duff and Phelps, excepting any further nonsense from Duff and Phelps managing director, David Whitehouse, the deal is on the brink of being done.

The deal which will save Rangers and start the long process of progress back to the top. It will be a long road and a hard one, but the time for going into just how long and how hard, is for another day.

For the moment, Rangers supporters should just….

REJOICE!

And give thanks that the one man who can unite them all, the one man who does not need to rant and rave about his Rangers credentials, as they are there for all to see and examine, is on his way back to Ibrox

ARISE 'SIR' WALTER!

Aye, Walter will have been sounded out to get the fans onside with whoever is behind the bid.

Apparently some of these bidders have been in talks for a week with D&P so they will have seen what happened to Bill Miller by a small section of fans.

So they want someone who will get them onside with ye fans and there are only a few people I could think on that would have this uniting effect and Walter is definitely one of them.

Might not be true but I'd like to see those chunts from that other group try and flash their "Go home Walter" banners if it is, something tells me the quest for jacket and tie would come to an abrupt fucking end.

Another thing if it wasn't true don't you think Walter would have been out like a flash denying it, he is not the type to allow bears to believe something which holds no truth and gives false hope, he hasn't denied it, hasn't confirmed it but hasn't denied it, for me thats a good sign but then I'm clinging on for some good news these days.

I hope its true.

Yes, he'll only be the "face".... The Barack Obama of the consortium, so to speak, but if Walter thinks its a good group of backers then i'm 100% behind whoever these dudes are. I doubt they'd be time-wasters if Walter thinks they are the real do so please please please just get this fecking sorted! :praise:

Imagine Souness, Smith and Mcoist at the club at the same time? I am so mixed up with with which bid is which and all the rumours flying, but good god, what an effect, especially on the younger players, having that team at the helm could be.