England squad for Euro 2012

Cannot believe they haven't selected Paul Scholes. Again. <cr>

Because they need more in midfield for big games than a 37 year old that's past it unless he's playing against wee teams, and in this tournament every game will be a big game for England.

Plus he's a cunt.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they need more in midfield for big games than a 37 year old that's past it unless he's playing against wee teams, and in this tournament every game will be a big game for England.

Plus, he's a cunt.

:lol: :lol:

Was a great player once but the media have vastly overrated his contribution this season. To my eyes he looked distictly average in most games.

At his best, though, he was sublime.

What a boring squad, I predict failure

Think its a good squad to be honest. Got good youth in the squad in Walcott and Chamberlain and plenty of experience. People can't just expect a squad full of young players. They need to have a good Euros and try to get far.

I have no idea why people are complaining about this squad, WHO actually was missed out that would totally change the way england play.

I can only see a couple of changes I would make personally, I think grant holt and micah richards probably deserved a slot and dafoe and downing out.

But thats about it.

Adam johnson hardly gets a game for city so would be a maybe and cleverly has been terrible and did fuck all this year. Crouch is the only other decent option up front but I think with Carroll (who I would argue is a better player) that big guy option is taken. Who are these other 'youngsters' who are ment to be good enough for the squad, none in the EPL that are playing at a decent level.

I think its a ok squad but i would've had walker and carrick in there were 2 of the best english players this season. Was also kind of expecting grant holt or daniel sturridge instead of carroll

Walker is injured, although I agree with Carrick.