Transfers

Freddy Adu leaves the dizzying heights of Finnish second division club Kufu-98 to sign with NASL club Tampa Bay. It's his 13th club and he's only 26!

Backwater American leagues seem to be the place to go for washed up wonder kids who never quite made it. I'm sure that boy Kerlon plays there now. Possibly even lower down the leagues.

Backwater American leagues seem to be the place to go for washed up wonder kids who never quite made it. I'm sure that boy Kerlon plays there now. Possibly even lower down the leagues.

Nacho Novo actually plays for Carolina who are in the same division as Tampa- read a few weeks ago he was playing very well for them

This.

1 in 10 for morton and 0 in 6 for Carlisle.

He's scored 7 in 16 for Carolina.

He played in a charity match just down the road from me about a year or so ago and despite being on a pitch full of amateur players he still didn't stand out.

There was still people on here shouting for us to bring him back at the time as well.

Looks like Vidal's going to Bayern.

Looks like another transfer window passes Arsenal's hopes of an EPL title again. While I rate Coquelin after his debut Season, they really needed to add some more strength and quality to that defensive part of their midfield. That's, Kondogbia, Schneiderlin and now Vidal passed them by.

It's almost a mental issue now that Wenger seems to completely ignore year after year. It would be a huge signing of intent, as well as a shrewd tactical signing. Wenger has added almost £100 Million to his attacking midfield in the past few Seasons, but ignored the defensive side of it. I just find it completely naive considering their record.

It would be such a quick fix.

Even Nzonzi at £7 Million would have been an astute signing for Arsenal.

Instead they pay (and give a squad place) to Rosicky who they rarely give a game, Wilshere who is either injured or doesn't suit the role he's given and Arteta who is totally passed it (at their level) unless he's taking penalties.

That's the difference for me if you compare them to Chelsea. If Chelsea aren't using a player with a sell on value they get that a good deal and buy someone who they know they'll use. Arsenal keep a hold of them for years and waste an opportunity to replace them with a more useful player.

Looks like another transfer window passes Arsenal's hopes of an EPL title again. While I rate Coquelin after his debut Season, they really needed to add some more strength and quality to that defensive part of their midfield. That's, Kondogbia, Schneiderlin and now Vidal passed them by.

It's almost a mental issue now that Wenger seems to completely ignore year after year. It would be a huge signing of intent, as well as a shrewd tactical signing. Wenger has added almost £100 Million to his attacking midfield in the past few Seasons, but ignored the defensive side of it. I just find it completely naive considering their record.

It would be such a quick fix.

Yeah, it's mental. Cech's a great signing tbf but they need more than him. Everyone can see they need a centre back, centre mid and a top-class striker but they always piss around and miss out on top targets.

I don't even know who else would be available for the CM role - Javi Martinez maybe? Think they should buy Lacazette as soon as possible, that would be a statement of intent IMO. As for CBs, trying to get Otamendi ahead of Man Utd wouldn't be a bad shout.

Yeah, it's mental. Cech's a great signing tbf but they need more than him. Everyone can see they need a centre back, centre mid and a top-class striker but they always piss around and miss out on top targets.

I don't even know who else would be available for the CM role - Javi Martinez maybe? Think they should buy Lacazette as soon as possible, that would be a statement of intent IMO. As for CBs, trying to get Otamendi ahead of Man Utd wouldn't be a bad shout.

Definitely, Cech is a great signing but they needed to follow that up.

Martinez might be available if Bayern get Vidal, which would be a great signing if he stayed fit, but they don't seem overly keen on that type of player considering the targets available to them this Summer.

Lacazette and Otamendi would be great signings, but I just can't see it happening. United seem to be very persistent in players they've earmarked. Arsenal have needed a new keeper for almost 5 years now and they've just got around to signing Cech so who knows with Wenger.

Definitely, Cech is a great signing but they needed to follow that up.

Martinez might be available if Bayern get Vidal, which would be a great signing if he stayed fit, but they don't seem overly keen on that type of player considering the targets available to them this Summer.

Lacazette and Otamendi would be great signings, but I just can't see it happening. United seem to be very persistent in players they've earmarked. Arsenal have needed a new keeper for almost 5 years now and they've just got around to signing Cech so who knows with Wenger.

It was just players I was suggesting, I'd be surprised if they got one player like that let alone all three. This is the season where they could realistically challenge for the title as well but they just seem to be doing nothing while the others strengthen.

It was just players I was suggesting, I'd be surprised if they got one player like that let alone all three. This is the season where they could realistically challenge for the title as well but they just seem to be doing nothing while the others strengthen.

Of course. They realistically could/should have challenged for the title last Season and many before, but Wenger fucked it. It looks like he'll be going down the same route. Chelsea are too strong and United look to spend as much £££ to get them back to the top, whilst I imagine Man City will do the same.

Fourth beckons..