Transfers

Can't see Liverpool putting in many crosses for him tbh. He's a good player but not what they need at all imo.

Rodgers badly needs to get it right this window as well as another dodgy season will see him out of a job.

I'm sure I read that Liverpool put the least crosses into the box on the Premiership last year.

Now I think Benteke is quality, but unless Liverpool massively alter their style of play than he could have a nightmare there.

I'm sure I read that Liverpool put the least crosses into the box on the Premiership last year.

Now I think Benteke is quality, but unless Liverpool massively alter their style of play than he could have a nightmare there.

Yeah, it's quite a strange one. Apparently he was Rodgers' top target so he must have some sort of plan but but it doesn't look immediately obvious. He's more than just a big target man but he's hardly Luis Suarez either.

Yeah, it's quite a strange one. Apparently he was Rodgers' top target so he must have some sort of plan but but it doesn't look immediately obvious. He's more than just a big target man but he's hardly Luis Suarez either.

It looks like he's paying an absolute fortune for a better version of Rickie Lambert who was a player he signed and appeared to have no idea what to do with.

Benteke makes no sense whatsoever, but then thats typical Liverpool, sell a player get good money and have no clue how to spend it. So many more suitable options out there and cheaper too. Utterly depressing.

(tu) who would you like, realistically?

I forgot about origi, maybe he'll go out on loan. Never done much at lille last season though.

Lambert might go to bournemouth but he wouldnt fit into their team i dont think.

Borini still thinks he can make it at liverpool :lol:

Forget where I saw it- but one of the Ligue 1 player rating systems had Origi down as one of the worst players in the league last year :lol:

Barca looking at sending Turan out on loan until he's able to play for them.

Are they allowed to do that? Mind all the carry on with Cousin and the '3 clubs in one season' thing? I know he's not technically played for either Atletico or Barca this season, but he has been registered.

Benteke makes no sense whatsoever, but then thats typical Liverpool, sell a player get good money and have no clue how to spend it. So many more suitable options out there and cheaper too. Utterly depressing.

Lifted this from BBC Sport - Benteke joined Aston Villa from Genk in August 2012 for £7m and has scored 49 goals in 101 appearances.

I know the £32.5m fee is way too much, but that's a pretty decent record. If Rodgers can implement the right system, Benteke will do well at Anfield.

Lifted this from BBC Sport - Benteke joined Aston Villa from Genk in August 2012 for £7m and has scored 49 goals in 101 appearances.

I know the £32.5m fee is way too much, but that's a pretty decent record. If Rodgers can implement the right system, Benteke will do well at Anfield.

The way Villa were playing they were just launching balls into the box for him, I can't see Rodgers changing the whole on the deck system for one player.

The way Villa were playing they were just launching balls into the box for him, I can't see Rodgers changing the whole on the deck system for one player.

I think he'll be a great signing. When he had his best season in the premiership he scored 19 and 4 were headers. I don't buy that he can't play with the ball on the deck. He is in the same mould as Drogba.

Hmm. If that's the case then Benteke will need to adapt, something I think he is more than capable of.

Are they allowed to do that? Mind all the carry on with Cousin and the '3 clubs in one season' thing? I know he's not technically played for either Atletico or Barca this season, but he has been registered.

New season hasn't started officially yet so don't think it his time with Atletico will be counted.

Not sure where they would send him though as its only for a few months until he's eligible to play for them and they won't consider clubs who are in the Champions League.

Barcelona are banned from registering players. That's why they're looking to loan him.

Barcelona are banned from registering players. That's why they're looking to loan him.

He would register when his proposed loan ends though so the same rules would apply. That's why I don't think his time at Atletico counts because he's left them before the season officially starts.

He would register when his proposed loan ends though so the same rules would apply. That's why I don't think his time at Atletico counts because he's left them before the season officially starts.

(tu) although you would have thought Atletico would have been the obvious choice for him to go on loan.

(tu) although you would have thought Atletico would have been the obvious choice for him to go on loan.

They're in the Champions League though so that rules them out. Barca don't want him cup tied and to be fair I don't imagine Atletico would want him back if their use of him was restricted either.

He'll probably go to another league if he does move at all.

New season hasn't started officially yet so don't think it his time with Atletico will be counted.

Not sure where they would send him though as its only for a few months until he's eligible to play for them and they won't consider clubs who are in the Champions League.

Atletico is probably the logical choice but as you mentioned, they are a Champions League side.

Point well made mate doh(tu)