Frankel

I love Annunciation as a horse and was really taken with her Windsor run.

Twirl has bags of ability but I'm put off by the fact that she was a beaten odds on fav earlier in the season (but only because I had backed her).

I'm fascinated that Frankie has opted for your selection thather than Opinion Poll.

The 4.25 is a nightmare but you've certainly got a good jockey on top.

Annuciation is a great horse and I like the partnership of Hannon and Hughes for this

At 25/1 twirl has got to be worth an each way punt in this one. Would be happily suprised with the win but im expecting 2nd or 3rd.

If Dettori was riding opinion poll I would have backed it. Makes me wonder why he didnt with the rcord it has.

The 4.25 is a bit like the national. More of a fun bet. Anyone of about 15 horses could win this one.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankie didn't "opt" for colour vision. Al zarooni prefers de Sousa and barzalona to ride his horses. Bin suroor will always have Frankie as his number one mount.

??

Dettori has been riding Opinion poll for a while.

Frankie didn't "opt" for colour vision. Al zarooni prefers de Sousa and barzalona to ride his horses. Bin suroor will always have Frankie as his number one mount.

Its been widely quoted in the media, including an interview with Godolphin Racing manager Simon Chrisford on ATR this morning, that, on this occasion, Frankie was given 1st choice and opted for Colour Vision.

I think that Frankie is more a Bin Suroor man but apparently the thinking is more along the lines of keeping jockeys on horses they have more experience of rather than segregating them from one trainer.

I missed this interview on ATR. If Frankie has opted for colour vision and not opinion poll then he obviously fancies his chances on colour vision. Opinion poll was excellent in this race last year but couldn't keep up with the final pace of fame and glory. Gonnae have a punt on colour vision and saddlers rock today.

I missed this interview on ATR. If Frankie has opted for colour vision and not opinion poll then he obviously fancies his chances on colour vision. Opinion poll was excellent in this race last year but couldn't keep up with the final pace of fame and glory. Gonnae have a punt on colour vision and saddlers rock today.

Good luck

Annuciation is a great horse

Ooh, don't know about great :) . He's only won a maiden so far. :pipe:

My main reason for opposing him, much as I like Annunciation, is that Reckless Abandon has already beaten him. I'm a massive fan of Richard Hannon though so would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Good luck with your bets.

Frankie will always be remembered fondly within the British sporting community. His magnificent 7 timer at ascot will never be matched. I will forever remember him for Friday 15th October at Newmarket :)

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that this is the day Frankie won you quite a sum? :P

Yeah mate, that day changed both mine and my family's life. I was a time served roofer working in a dead end factory job working for minimum wage. My mrs was pregnant with our 2nd child and things were rough. I put a £5 treble three dettori rides. Argocat, mantoba and modeyra. They all won at 11/1, 8/1 and 13/2. I won £4050 that day. I quit my job in the factory. Bought a van and used the rest to start my own roofing company. 2 years later and im doing ok. So for that day I will always be grateful to Frankie Dettori!

Yeah mate, that day changed both mine and my family's life. I was a time served roofer working in a dead end factory job working for minimum wage. My mrs was pregnant with our 2nd child and things were rough. I put a £5 treble three dettori rides. Argocat, mantoba and modeyra. They all won at 11/1, 8/1 and 13/2. I won £4050 that day. I quit my job in the factory. Bought a van and used the rest to start my own roofing company. 2 years later and im doing ok. So for that day I will always be grateful to Frankie Dettori!

Great story. (tu)

My bets for today:-

2.20 Warwick: Crown Dependency (NAP)

2.10 Ripon: Bircham (nb)

2.30 Ascot: Ahern (win), Gale Force Ten (place), Mister Marc (place), Cay Verde (place Lay).

3.05 Ascot: The Fugue, Pink Damsel (place), Kailani (place).

3.45 Ascot: Fame And Glory.

4.25 Ascot: Born To Surprise (each way).

5.00 Ascot: Tales Of Grimm.

5.35 Ascot: Anomaly (win and place)and Gabriel The Great (win and place).

Bircham wins.

Surprisingly, seeing as though he was such a promising 2yo and has today been dropped into a claimer, Crown Dependency is not favourite.

Great story mate (tu)