Donald Trump Considered Buying Us

TheNuts

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump “walked away” from a deal to buy Rangers Football Club.

Trump, who is building a golf course and resort at the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire, backed out of investing in the Ibrox side because of the depth of the club’s financial problems.

A source close to Trump told the Press and Journal: “We looked seriously and walked away.

“It just did not make sense to us, although they are a great club.

“We hope someone steps in and builds the team again.”

George Sorial, Trump Organisation’s executive vice-president, said the American was keen to strengthen his links in Scotland.

He said: “We are committed to Scotland and will always be evaluating opportunities to support our business and the interests of Scotland.”

Former Sheffield United chief executive Charles Green is fronting a consortium which has been named as the preferred bidder for the Ibrox club.

Rangers’ administrator Duff and Phelps said they accepted Mr Green’s £8.5m offer for the club and entered into a “binding contract” with him for Rangers which will be completed on June 6, the date administrators hope to put a proposed company voluntary agreement (CVA) to creditors worth up to £134m.

Duff and Phelps would not confirm Trump’s interest in buying the Ibrox club.

A spokesman said: “All bids and all those in the Green consortium are covered under the non-disclosure agreement.”

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/102401-us-billionaire-donald-trump-considered-buying-rangers-football-club/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a businessman and was worried about pocket change should really have the alarm bells ringing if trump doesn't see business sense in it what does green see?

Good publicity for trump in the Aberdeen area though,may get a few more locals onside by talking down the rangers would take this story with a pinch of salt

Billionaire? And he's worried about debt, 134million to a billionaire is nothing.

He's talking shite.

Good job he never bought us then as it would only be him that made the decisions he would own the full club.

And thats not what Ranger need anymore one man owning Rangers,

Charles Green has got is right they should only own 15% of it.

After Murray and Whyte thats the way it should be.

Does he even have a passion for football?

Some more "Look at me" headlines. Sick of all of this “ This is what we could have done” or “we were interested but decided against it”. If it’s not TBK serving up tripe then it’s Donald Trump.

doh

One point: I just wish people would stop banging on about £134M (and other various stupid numbers) of debt - that is NOT the case unless every thing goes against us at the EBT trial - including all the applied penalties. If is a false (or at best)) an upper limit figure - it is NOT a reality.

One point: I just wish people would stop banging on about £134M (and other various stupid numbers) of debt - that is NOT the case unless every thing goes against us at the EBT trial - including all the applied penalties. If is a false (or at best)) an upper limit figure - it is NOT a reality.

The figure is mere speculation - I wait to see it in front of me before I believe anything like that is going to happen.

Does he even have a passion for football?

Some more "Look at me" headlines. Sick of all of this “ This is what we could have done” or “we were interested but decided against it”. If it’s not TBK serving up tripe then it’s Donald Trump.

doh

Donald Trump only has a passion for Donald Trump.