40 years since Barcelona. Alfie Conn

cenotaph

A big mistake happened in Alfie Conn's playing career as we all know but has he been forgiven for his error or will he never be forgiven? Personally I say forgive as he is only one of 11 guys who has a European winners medal in his pocket.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A big mistake happened in Alfie Conn's playing career as we all know but has he been forgiven for his error or will he never be forgiven? Personally I say forgive as he is only one of 11 guys who has a European winners medal in his pocket.

What about the subs tongue.gifwink.gif

Big DJ wears his on a neck chain, and i don't think hes the only one

ps Alfie's a prick

I know Alfie personally and he is a genuinely nice guy.

He signed for Celtic as he had no other offers to consider due to his injury problems. He had a family to feed so signed for them.

Alfie is and always has been a Rangers fan....nothing to be forgiven for!

I know Alfie personally and he is a genuinely nice guy.

He signed for Celtic as he had no other offers to consider due to his injury problems. He had a family to feed so signed for them.

Alfie is and always has been a Rangers fan....nothing to be forgiven for!

Id love to meet him and ask him the questions about his signing.

Would he not have got more Money, Money, Money signing for another English club though?

From what I gather from talking to him the Celtic offer was the only one he had. He had some injury problem prior to signing for them and apparently they were the only team willing to take a chance on him!

Would he not have got more Money, Money, Money signing for another English club though?

True but on thinking back, unsure if any English team showed interest and if allegations are true well the time he signed for ran their own version of the ebts only difference was not a verified tax deal more a brown envelope deal. Many are of the understanding this was the case. smile.gifwink.gif

What questions?

1. Why?

2. Do you regret it?

3. How did it feel pulling on that rag?

4. How did it feel walking into Ibrox and hearing the scorn of the Rangers support?

5. Was it worth it?

6. etc etc etc

From what I gather from talking to him the Celtic offer was the only one he had. He had some injury problem prior to signing for them and apparently they were the only team willing to take a chance on him!

The only one he had with big money though.

Are you asking us to believe no other club would take a chance and the tims were offering the most cash.

Coincidence or what.

I think or what personally.

1. Why?

2. Do you regret it?

3. How did it feel pulling on that rag?

4. How did it feel walking into Ibrox and hearing the scorn of the Rangers support?

5. Was it worth it?

6. etc etc etc

Obviously I can't speak for him but I do know being a Rangers fan he was disappointed in the way he was treated by not only Rangers fans but by the club also because he played for Celtic.

Many a player has played for both since and none of them are treated with the same disrespect as Alfie. (Bar maybe Mo from the Celtic fans)

The only one he had with big money though.

Are you asking us to believe no other club would take a chance and the tims were offering the most cash.

Coincidence or what.

I think or what personally.

Regardless of whether there were other offers, if Celtic was the only one that was financially viable for him and his family then thats the one he had to take, simple!

Obviously I can't speak for him but I do know being a Rangers fan he was disappointed in the way he was treated by not only Rangers fans but by the club also because he played for Celtic.

Many a player has played for both since and none of them are treated with the same disrespect as Alfie. (Bar maybe Mo from the Celtic fans)

None of the others hold a unique piece of Rangers history though.

None of the others hold a unique piece of Rangers history though.

Exactly. So why after helping us win the European Cup Winners Cup should we hold him in less regard than Kenny Miller, Mark Brown, Steven Pressley etc??

He offered himself to Rangers at the time and they weren't interested.