Inverness chairman

Inverness chairman criticises Rangers for court action against SFA

May 31 2012

INVERNESS Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron has hit out at Rangers for taking the SFA to court.

Rangers successfully overturned their 12-month transfer embargo in the Court of Session on Tuesday after a judge ruled an SFA panel had no right to impose the punishment under the governing body's rules.

Rangers could face more severe sanctions if the disrepute charge returns to an SFA appeal panel with the stated punishments including suspension or expulsion from the game.

And FIFA have urged the SFA to take "direct action" against Rangers for ignoring regulations that prohibit clubs take national associations to court.

Cameron told the club's official website: "This is an extremely disappointing situation. The Court for Arbitration in Sport was the correct route for Rangers to take, just as we successfully did in the Marius Niculae dispute.

"Taking sporting matters to the Court of Session was a serious mistake.

"The potential repercussions are something we certainly don't need at what is already a difficult time for Scottish football."

FIFA last season threatened the Swiss FA with sanctions unless they punished FC Sion for breaching a transfer embargo which a civil court had ruled unlawful. Sion were punished before losing their case in the CAS.

However, judge Lord Glennie accepted Rangers' argument in court this week that the SFA rules did not allow for an appeal in the CAS.

Rangers received the transfer embargo and maximum £100,000 fine for a disrepute charge born mainly from their failure to pay tax last season. Their Company Voluntary Arrangement proposal this week showed the club owed more than £21million to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour previously criticised Rangers for taking the matter to court.

Will Inverness be the next club on our boycott list?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't understand this laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ???

Does the ruling by Lord Glennie not suggest we had every right to take them to court?!?!?!

***Official Boycott List:***

St. Mirren - Check.

St. Johnstone - Check.

Inverness - Check.

Dundee United - Check.

Hibs - Check.

Hearts - Check.

Aberdeen - Check.

them - Check.

Dunfermline (cup games) - Check.

Motherwell - Check.

Kilmarnock - Check.

Good Books:

Dundee

Ross County - TBC.

who will be next to officially cement their place on a list they really shouldn't want to be on :D?

I read that statement today but what caught my eye when he spoke of our win at the C.O.S. was when he stated; "The Court for Arbitration in Sport was the correct route for Rangers to take, just as we successfully did in the Marius Niculae dispute".......i thought the SFA didn't permit clubs to go to CAS hence we went C.O.S..?

How the fuck could we go to cas if the sfa don't recognise them in their rules. Round and round in circles we go. An I'm fed up hearing about fucken sion.

They never quote the time Sion won their case in season 2005 and got promoted.

Why do other chairman feel they need to talk about something that doesn't concern them

Because it's all about self preservation, this idea that football is above the law of the land, which it isn't. Of course, if such sanctions had been applied to Inverness, St Midden etc they would have rolled over and taken it up the arse...doh

How the fuck could we go to cas if the sfa don't recognise them in their rules. Round and round in circles we go. An I'm fed up hearing about fucken sion.

Total Attendance For last season Average Attendance

FC Sion 189.900 10.550

Rangers 880,160 46,324

Population of Switzerland 7,639,961

Population of Scotland 5.568822 (Including 57,000 plastic paddies)

sorry scotland stats are pre lahore should read 5.568821

Total Attendance For last season Average Attendance

FC Sion 189.900 10.550

Rangers 880,160 46,324

Population of Switzerland 7,639,961

Population of Scotland 5.568822 (Including 57,000 plastic paddies)

sorry scotland stats are pre lahore should read 5.568821

So not how I typed it