The First team squad

steve2368

Right, I know this is a little hopeful and there is a lot of outcomes that could happen or need to happen before we Bears can start to look at the football side of things again. But with the pre-season tour being announced I was wondering what the squad will be looking like for the trip to Germany.

Lets say that we are able to sign players, regardless of the CVA being accepted, we still exist in some form and are in the SPL.

The confirmed changes to the squad – OUT: Sasa Papac (out of contract), Kyle Bartley (Loan return). IN – John Fleck (Loan return), Juan Ortiz (Loan Return), Kyle Hutton (Loan Return).

Players out of contract: David Healy (unlikely to be given a new deal), Andrew Little (possible), Salim Kerkar (possible), Sone Aluko (certainty, 2 year option available), Andrew Mitchell (Unknown), Scot Gallacher (third choice keeper, unknown).

Players who may leave and for what: Kyle Lafferty (£0.5m), Steven Naismith (£2m), Steven Davis (£1.65m), Steven Whittaker (£0.8m), Maurice Edu (£0.3m), Allan McGregor (£2m).

How the squad looks as of today -

GK Allan McGregor, Neil Alexander

DF Steven Whittaker, Kirk Broadfoot, Doran Goian, Carlos Bocanegra, Ross Perry, Lee Wallace

MF Juan Ortiz, Alejandro Bedoya, Lee McCulloch, Steven Davis, Maurice Edu, Rhys McCabe, Jamie Ness, Kyle Hutton

FW John Fleck, Kyle Lafferty, Steven Naismith, Kane Hemmings

With Kerkar, Little, Healy, Mitchell and Aluko maybe being added to the squad.

We defiantly need to freshen things up if possible with some attacking options as Lafferty seems as good as gone while it’s unclear if Little will be given a new deal.

Regardless of CVA being accepted or not I suspect players will be moving on as the current wage bill is far too high for what we bring in. However there are so many ifs and buts that could occur in the next few weeks…we just need to continue to wait and see.

Assuming we keep them all - and add Aluko in to that - then We need a CB, a striker who can finish - replacement for Jela, but obv not on the same cost - and another winger.

Strong players in that squad. So if they all want to stay, and they do. And we can sign players again, and we come out of this in a positive manner. then some Bosman/loan signings for a couple of places could see us good.

No sanctions on us, and keeping that squad, and we are pushing for the title again - and on a fair footing we can take this league.

I would like to keep Lafferty but I think he is a gonner, Edu will probs look for a new challenge elsewhere.

If we get Aluko back, maybe Little (I do like him), add a CB, a left sided player, and a quality striker we will have a good starting XI. The squad I am not so sure about, mix in youth players with a few SPL seasoned pros (like Ian Black, but not him cause hes a cunt). I would take Garry O'Connor on a short term deal! Ship out Alexander and Ortiz, and use the wages for some younger players.

We do have some real talent at MP, all they need is a chance. Look at the quality of Ness, Wilson, McCabe. And others like Wylde, Perry, Little, McKay, Crawford, McLeod...

A striker is a definite. Big Jig has been a trooper filling in up front for us but we need something else up there. Still think we're getting ahead of ourselves talking about transfers, but it's more fun than CVA's/taxes and other doom and gloom!

I would like to keep Lafferty but I think he is a gonner, Edu will probs look for a new challenge elsewhere.

If we get Aluko back, maybe Little (I do like him), add a CB, a left sided player, and a quality striker we will have a good starting XI. The squad I am not so sure about, mix in youth players with a few SPL seasoned pros (like Ian Black, but not him cause hes a cunt). I would take Garry O'Connor on a short term deal! Ship out Alexander and Ortiz, and use the wages for some younger players.

We do have some real talent at MP, all they need is a chance. Look at the quality of Ness, Wilson, McCabe. And others like Wylde, Perry, Little, McKay, Crawford, McLeod...

Wylde is long gone where have u been???

The truth is. If Mcgregor, Davis, Whittaker, Lafferty and Naismith go, we have to replace them with a cheaper option just to get through the season.

If that happens (and provided we get the embargo lifted), we'll need a keeper, a right back, and a player who can operate anywhere across the back 4. The midfield will also need to be beefed up with a playmaker, and a left winger. I'd say we'd be very short up front too and we'd need 2 experienced strikers, along with a forward thinking midfielder.

Our squad will need approx 10 players. Mr Green should be thinking about quantity.

I honestly don't think it's worth letting Edu go for £300,000, considering we'd need a replacement unless Jig's gonna do a shift as a defensive midfielder again. Get the money in for Davis, Lafferty, Ortiz, Fleck and maybe even Shagger if he wants to quit, then I reckon it'll be a league 1/2 scouting job and scouring diddy leagues for cheap talent. I'm not sure Ian Black is a viable option considering he's a complete chunt, and as for Gary O'Connor, the least said the better. The only problem we'll have is work permits. They fucking toss them out like confetti to the Tims, but they always seem to be a problem for us.

I honestly don't think it's worth letting Edu go for £300,000, considering we'd need a replacement unless Jig's gonna do a shift as a defensive midfielder again. Get the money in for Davis, Lafferty, Ortiz, Fleck and maybe even Shagger if he wants to quit, then I reckon it'll be a league 1/2 scouting job and scouring diddy leagues for cheap talent. I'm not sure Ian Black is a viable option considering he's a complete chunt, and as for Gary O'Connor, the least said the better. The only problem we'll have is work permits. They fucking toss them out like confetti to the Tims, but they always seem to be a problem for us.

Thing is we might not have a chance with Edu, it's a clause that's been written into his contract. If a 300k bid comes in we have to accept it.

I'd like to write off next season.build for the future, blood the youngsters and give them their chance.

Sustainability is the way forward from now on, and we might as well start now. We can be both sustainable and successful.

I think we need a left back, centre back (perhaps two depending what happens with players leaving mainly Goian but perhaps Boca to), right back ( much cheaper option than Whittaker is needed), combative midfielder ( Black or Gattuso) , left winger ( as we don't have a natural one at all) and a couple of strikers one of decent quality and a couple if back up as well. Oh and potentially a goalkeeper depending if Greegs is sold or even Alexander is.

We need a huge turn around of players to freshen everything up and all has to be done while we make a big profit as well.

Indeed he did.

At the time he obviously wasn't good enough, but he has worked very hard since leaving 9 years ago and is now a very good striker.

Would be a great signing.

I think he would be a sensational signing, but I see Celtic have been linked with him already :(

He has worked so hard at his game since he moved to England and he ticks so many boxes of what we will probably be looking for this Summer: boyhood fan, versatile, hard working, good eye for goal, experienced, wouldn't be too pricey.

If Swansea let him go full time this Summer and Blackpool don't sign him I think he should be high on our list of targets.

I think he would be a sensational signing, but I see Celtic have been linked with him already :(

He has worked so hard at his game since he moved to England and he ticks so many boxes of what we will probably be looking for this Summer: boyhood fan, versatile, hard working, good eye for goal, experienced, wouldn't be too pricey.

If Swansea let him go full time this Summer and Blackpool don't sign him I think he should be high on our list of targets.

Could we afford him that would be a massive issue I would think.

doh

I read Bristol City are very interested in him too, most Championship sides would be delighted to snap him up IMO.

I really can't believe how well he has done since moving from Queen of the South though. He could score for fun in the 1st division but moving from that to the Championship was a massive jump, and if I'm honest I was expecting him to struggle and end up being shipped out on loan to a League 1 or League 2 team.

The move to Queen of the South kickstarted his career and I'm glad he's doing well.

Ortiz, Lafferty, and David Healy can go .

And we need another Striker and a proper RB .

But we need to stop asking CB to play RB ,we need a good Defensive RB Whittekar is a RM, and defensively poor but good going forward thats why I would allow Ortiz to go.

We will lose some but I hope we can keep the Spine of our team .