Will the CVA Get Passed

North Rd

Will the CVA Get Passed  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will CVA Go Though

• Yes
    • No

All financial logic and precedents suggest it will.

The wildcard is HRMC claiming it is an 'example' to football clubs, many of whom have done this before.

Using Rangers as an example....the fall-out....the ramifications...

No. I don't see it.

I suspect it will be accepted....grudgingly.

Hope you are right.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you are right.

I think I am.

I've considered it a lot, swotted up on HMRC similar cases a lot and admin law a lot.

I'm perhaps a novice but a clued up novice.

I can't find a similar case involving a football club where HMRC has refused.

They are the only players in this....Ticketus (the only other potential players) have made public their intentions.

HMRC as representatives of the UK Govt have a duty to claim back all they can...ergo a CVA.

They could argue, liquidising Rangers would, in the long term, recoup them more money in preventing other clubs from doing the same.

It's not a clear argument, they still have a case in court...and....

It's Rangers...

Wanna make an example of them?

Of course some within them would for obvious reasons....the majority will balk at that...

The legal claims alone would last years....they've more than made their point on this...

Truth is...

We've BEEN the example.

Onwards and upwards Gers!

I think I am.

I've considered it a lot, swotted up on HMRC similar cases a lot and admin law a lot.

I'm perhaps a novice but a clued up novice.

I can't find a similar case involving a football club where HMRC has refused.

They are the only players in this....Ticketus (the only other potential players) have made public their intentions.

HMRC as representatives of the UK Govt have a duty to claim back all they can...ergo a CVA.

They could argue, liquidising Rangers would, in the long term, recoup them more money in preventing other clubs from doing the same.

It's not a clear argument, they still have a case in court...and....

It's Rangers...

Wanna make an example of them?

Of course some within them would for obvious reasons....the majority will balk at that...

The legal claims alone would last years....they've more than made their point on this...

Truth is...

We've BEEN the example.

Onwards and upwards Gers!

Making an example of a big club is good in theory but then the fall out would be huge.

These people need to realise how big Rangers are though.

I'm the same as you, i think it will be passed grudgingly (if thats even a word) and then hopefully we can get on with it.

Tthe fact we will carry on regardless of the outcome is a sign to them.

Ii've been in pub all day and try to stay away from these kind of threads as im no financial expert but we have to hhope for the best

I voted yes, mainly out out of Hope, but when I look at the 8.5m in the pot, D&P still to be paid 5m leaving a pot of 3.5m to creditors it leaves me extremely worried.

Couldnt D&P bill not be left out of the pot to be billed to Rangers for later payment in installments, or is this wishful thinking?

The CVA will be accepted. You can't get blood from a stone, even HMRC know this.

What's been overlooked, (and the mhedia and the tims won't tell you), is that the people at HMRC are under enormous pressure. They have suffered cutbacks and downsizing too and are being pushed to see a return on their money.

This case has dragged on for years and is now under incredible scrutiny from their bosses, so I reckon they'll grudgingly accept the CVA as a way of withdrawing which keeps their credibility intact.

They've made their point, put Rangers into admin and almost killed us off. Further pursuit will only lead to bad press and the loss of any potential payments. The case manager in charge would have a hard time explaining that.

They may kick and squeal a bit, but ultimately they'll see common sense and let go.

The CVA will be accepted. You can't get blood from a stone, even HMRC know this.

What's been overlooked, (and the mhedia and the tims won't tell you), is that the people at HMRC are under enormous pressure. They have suffered cutbacks and downsizing too and are being pushed to see a return on their money.

This case has dragged on for years and is now under incredible scrutiny from their bosses, so I reckon they'll grudgingly accept the CVA as a way of withdrawing which keeps their credibility intact.

They've made their point, put Rangers into admin and almost killed us off. Further pursuit will only lead to bad press and the loss of any potential payments. The case manager in charge would have a hard time explaining that.

They may kick and squeal a bit, but ultimately they'll see common sense and let go.

I honestly hope you are right mate (tu)

I think it will go through. But a stumbling block could be other football clubs accepting it. E.g, lets say Hearts take the alleged £70k were offering them for Wallace. A year down the line Templeton or Driver becomes available, and we go for them. Will Hearts want the rest of their money before we do business?

As the saying goes "shit sticks".

Shafting football clubs like this could hinder our chances of buying players for a very long time.

Football debts should be payed off seperately.

dont think for a moment it will be accepted, think that hmrc insisting on there handpicked liquidator in bdo,

makes a deal unlikely.

if the figures we hear quoted are correct, in that of 8.5 million less than half will be in the pot,

cant see them entertaining it, think what is really going to fuck us over though is green coming out with stupid statements.

stating that we will soon have 30 million and we have a list of signings.

if anything is going to piss of the tax man, it will be this.

I think it will go through. But a stumbling block could be other football clubs accepting it. E.g, lets say Hearts take the alleged £70k were offering them for Wallace. A year down the line Templeton or Driver becomes available, and we go for them. Will Hearts want the rest of their money before we do business?

As the saying goes "shit sticks".

Shafting football clubs like this could hinder our chances of buying players for a very long time.

Football debts should be payed off seperately.

I agree with this. Football debts, at least in your own country, should be payed off in full IMO

I voted yes, mainly out out of Hope, but when I look at the 8.5m in the pot, D&P still to be paid 5m leaving a pot of 3.5m to creditors it leaves me extremely worried.

Couldnt D&P bill not be left out of the pot to be billed to Rangers for later payment in installments, or is this wishful thinking?

I went with yes. Remember that the pot has still to be added to(or so we are told)There is Football debts due to us and also any awards due from the ongoing case against CollyerBristow which could rake in a good few extra millions for the creditors pot.

The other thing that gives me some hope is that Neil Patey(The footballing finance expert that scotsnight keeps rolling out on the programme) went on record this morning saying he believes it will go through, which he admitted, was a change of mind from his previous belief.

I went with yes. Remember that the pot has still to be added to(or so we are told)There is Football debts due to us and also any awards due from the ongoing case against CollyerBristow which could rake in a good few extra millions for the creditors pot.

The other thing that gives me some hope is that Neil Patey(The footballing finance expert that scotsnight keeps rolling out on the programme) went on record this morning saying he believes it will go through, which he admitted, was a change of mind from his previous belief.

Thanks mate (tu)

I'll think it'll go thru. Isn't hmrc's duty to recoup as much as they can which can only be reached by cva. Liquidation will see them get nothing by the time d an p take their pay from any sale of assets. Then theres the jobs that would be lost that in our current economy would be bad publicity for them.

I think a few people are getting confused as to what the HMRC payment the CVA covers. It only covers the PAYE and tax payments, not the EBT case as that one is still to be decided by the FTT.

So i dont think it will be accept by the HMRC as out of £8.5million only £3million will be available to the CVA pot after scum & villany (sorry duff and phelps) take their 30 pieces of silver.

Its different down south as all footballing debts must be settled in full before any CVA is accepted.

So all in all i dont know if it will be accepted or not!!.

they could accept the CVA amount and hope that the tax tribunal fucks us over and we be in shit street again, with the not accepting any kind of deal and insisting on full payment then and there of whatever amount the FTT decide to hit us with.

I think a few people are getting confused as to what the HMRC payment the CVA covers. It only covers the PAYE and tax payments, not the EBT case as that one is still to be decided by the FTT.

So i dont think it will be accept by the HMRC as out of £8.5million only £3million will be available to the CVA pot after scum & villany (sorry duff and phelps) take their 30 pieces of silver.

Its different down south as all footballing debts must be settled in full before any CVA is accepted.

So all in all i dont know if it will be accepted or not!!.

they could accept the CVA amount and hope that the tax tribunal fucks us over and we be in shit street again, with the not accepting any kind of deal and insisting on full payment then and there of whatever amount the FTT decide to hit us with.

Think the BTC is part of the cva.this is why no payments will be made to creditors until both the BTC and action againgst CB are decided.Could take years before creditors see any money.