Moses McNeil Academy or The Davie Cooper Academy?

Rename MP. What is everyone going to pick?   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Rename MP. What is everyone going to pick?

• Moses McNeil Academy .
    • The Davie Cooper Academy.

Fed them by useful idiots....

Just read his letter that came out with the season ticket renewals, seems he really is a good Rangers man with a great knowledge of the club:

In 1872, Founding Fathers Moses and Peter McNeil, William McBeath and Peter Campbell formed Rangers Football Club and for 140 years this great institution has been one of the most successful and respected football clubs in the world.

The events of last season jeopardised the Club and everyone connected with Rangers is bruised by the experience but we are ready for a new chapter in the Club’s illustrious history to be written in Season 2012/13.

As this letter reaches you there is still uncertainty surrounding the structure of the Club as we await the outcome of the CVA meeting on 14 June. However, be assured that no matter the business structure going forward Rangers is and always will be Rangers and with your support the Club will go from strength to strength.

More than any other time in the Club’s history, the supporters will have a crucial role to play as Rangers rises again.

2012 marks the 40th Anniversary of the European Cup Winners’ Cup victory over Moscow Dynamo and the spirit shown by the Barcelona Bears in the Nou Camp back in 1972 has been replicated tenfold by the fans as their commitment and loyalty to the Rangers cause has reached unprecedented levels.

Your loyalty, passion, pride, dedication and True Blue spirit has been nothing short of remarkable and sums up exactly what being a Ranger is all about.

Rangers is a special football club, steeped in history and built for success and it is your club. The consortium I am leading is fully committed to making Rangers a success both on the field and off it and we want you to be part of its future.

Legendary Manager Bill Struth famously said “No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome.” These words have never been more appropriate today and everyone associated with Rangers will continue to unite.

Season 2012/13 represents a new era at the Club and with the backing of you, the supporters, Rangers can recover, flourish and prosper and be restored to its rightful position at the top of the table.

The phrase ‘We Don’t Do Walking Away’ was coined last season and we have no doubt the fans will continue to back the Club by investing in a season ticket for the campaign ahead.

At the time of writing, we are nearing completion of the purchase of the Club and our commitment to buying Rangers and taking it forward is irrevocable. I understand fully that Rangers fans are wary of any new owners given what has happened in the recent past. I am therefore continuing to meet with representatives from the various supporter groups as things progress to detail our plans for the future.

We have a very short period in which to prepare the Club for next season and therefore we are asking all season ticket holders to renew as quickly as possible before the deadline on 2 July. You can be assured that all season ticket revenues will be placed in a secure account that will go directly to the Club when its structure is resolved over the coming weeks.

The Club retired the number 12 jersey in honour of supporters at the end of last season and season ticket prices will be frozen for the fourth successive season as a reward for your unwavering loyalty.

Rangers has been in existence for 140 years and it will be for another 140 years and beyond. With your continued support this great Club will be a force once again.

Yours sincerely

Charles Green

He's already said he doesn't know who they are. Sure it was in an interview with him last week.

Is the poor man meant to know everything about Rangers despite not being a fan? He's not been here 2 minutes, give him a chance FFS.

Can I start by saying that Davie Cooper was my hero when I was growing up.

But I have a few issues with us naming our training centre after him.

Davie was well known for not being the best at training and he also did not come through our youth ranks.

Moses McNeil on the other hand was himself only a youngster when he and the other "Gallant Pioneers" started what was to become the worlds most successful football club.

They also in their actions showed what can be achieved with hard work and commitment.

For these reasons it has to be Moses McNeil.