The BTC and HMRC

Dan Deacon

Hello All

Seen many posters state that now the BTC is null and void. Is this 100% accurate? Not that I doubt anyone, I just go thinking that it may have been the case that we were on course to win so as such HMRC are taking this action against us?

might be pie in the sky but just a thought.

BTC is a fucking farce.

the single biggest element in this mess was the BTC, we should have been at least entitled to knowing the result. This would be much easier tot ake if it came back we were in the wrong and should have paid £Xm more in tax over the years.

The outcome of the big tax case, whether it is lost or won by Rangers, will stick with the current company, Rangers FC plc incorporated in 1899.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way for HMRC to pursue the oldco for it, but they have indicated today about pursuing directors, such as Sir David Murray and Craig Whyte, for outstanding liabilities.

The BTC WILL continue, it was against the whole Murray Group and not just Rangers. Some commentators have suggested that the decision against Rangers could be between £6 and £12 million pounds, which would have been survivable (pre Whyte of course)

Hello All

Seen many posters state that now the BTC is null and void. Is this 100% accurate? Not that I doubt anyone, I just go thinking that it may have been the case that we were on course to win so as such HMRC are taking this action against us?

I'm thinking exactly the same myself. I wouldn't be surprised if we are going to win the BTC. The whole fucking situation is so corrupt we are getting battered from every angle

Seems like a lot of song and dance over a court case that has effectively come to nothing

I would like to know how much this cost HMRC and Rangers to battle it in court.

If asked, no doubt their statement would be some more condescending pish about it being in the public interest and allowing Rangers to start afresh.

The BTC WILL continue, it was against the whole Murray Group and not just Rangers. Some commentators have suggested that the decision against Rangers could be between £6 and £12 million pounds, which would have been survivable (pre Whyte of course)

Did you read HMRC statement saying rangers will start fresh a newco

Does anyone think they lost the tax case and this is there punisnment.? They said they rejected the cva due to past owners/directors but surely they were just taking about whyte era?

I suggested to a friend earlier HMRC may feel they would lose the BTC so this was there get out.

Does anyone think they lost the tax case and this is there punisnment.? They said they rejected the cva due to past owners/directors but surely they were just taking about whyte era?

This was my original thought this morning. Don't know if we'll ever know now if the BTC is null and void.

Hello All

Yes debt free and no tax liabilities. Source - HMRC. Best news of this sad day.

"A liquidation provides the best opportunity to protect taxpayers, by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the company’s financial affairs in recent years. A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

So the sale is not being undermined, it simply takes a different route. Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox. It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA. Rangers can make a fresh start." For anyone who can't be bothered clicking the link to HMRC statement. Looks to me BTC is over