Green? or Walter?

Gerwelly

Green? or Walter?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to run Rangers and why?

Green is now the owner but once the emotions are removed who do you want to run Rangers? Pllease tell me why in terms of : football, business, reputation, future or anything else you can think of.

Me it's a thank you Mr Green, if Walter had not came onto the scene I would be backing you but with a healthy dose of scepticism but Walter is Mr Rangers and if there is a way The Gers can be put into Walter's hands then I would maybe be able to relax for the first time in what seems like forever!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would love Walter Smith, we now need to show more appreciation towards Charles Green. He put up when others could or would not.

Yip because he saved us from liquidation ..........

The amount of deluded gullible folk on here is breathtaking ...........

I would have preferred a "both" option but voted Green. Walter Smith may have the hearts of the supporters and have the better intentions for the club but you can't tell me he is not going to get very rich out of this when we are back on an even keel. You can't tell me either that that potential financial reward does not motivate him one iota - practically everyone at Rangers at the time had their nose in the EBT trough and was inadvertantly contributing to our woes - people we loved and respected.

That's why Green is not happy, he's effectively handing over future millions of pounds to the other consortium if they begin to award themselves share options at low prices, do another share issue and laugh all the way to the bank.

When I see a commitment from Walter & Co. not to over-reward themselves, I will be more than happy to back them. Better still, Walter should give a strong undertaking to hand over the new shares to the season ticket holders. No rich man's elite group should own Rangers again.

I would have preferred a "both" option but voted Green. Walter Smith may have the hearts of the supporters and have the better intentions for the club but you can't tell me he is not going to get very rich out of this when we are back on an even keel. You can't tell me either that that potential financial reward does not motivate him one iota - practically everyone at Rangers at the time had their nose in the EBT trough and was inadvertantly contributing to our woes - people we loved and respected.

That's why Green is not happy, he's effectively handing over future millions of pounds to the other consortium if they begin to award themselves share options at low prices, do another share issue and laugh all the way to the bank.

When I see a commitment from Walter & Co. not to over-reward themselves, I will be more than happy to back them. Better still, Walter should give a strong undertaking to hand over the new shares to the season ticket holders. No rich man's elite group should own Rangers again.

That is absolute nonsense - are you suggesting that Walter's main motivation is money rather than the club ?

Short memories on here....he left a very cosy Scotland job to take the reigns at our club when it was in tatters.

And I dont remember his name featuring prominently in Daly's BBC documentary as to who recieved what from EBT's.

I feel like some people know a Walter Smith that I don't

Not convinced whatsoever that Charles Green is 'unhappy' with this interest. It's weird, some fans seem to have great sympathy for Green despite this being what he wants, he wants interest and he wants to make profit. If Walter can give him that, why delay?

Forgive me if this is daft but I trust Walter Smith

That is absolute nonsense - are you suggesting that Walter's main motivation is money rather than the club ?

Short memories on here....he left a very cosy Scotland job to take the reigns at our club when it was in tatters.

And I dont remember his name featuring prominently in Daly's BBC documentary as to who recieved what from EBT's.

My vote goes wilth Walter. This is no bearing on Green whatsoever, he was the only one that presented a suitable CVA he raised the funds when the BK's etc didn't. It was not his fault that CVA is rejected, but I think under the guidance of McColl and Park, it would be a better proposition for Rangers. McColl built up a business empire as did Douglas Park from the ground up.

The same needs to happen with Rangers again, living within our means and making good profit to enable us to strengthen the team year in year out.

Look at the two options, Green & his backers and Smith and his backers.

Which do you think has the better of:

Current cash/investment

Potential for future investment

Business acumen/history

Ability to turn around an ailing business

Standing within the game

Ability to keep players here

Ability to attract players here

Interests of Rangers as a club and a business

Green has done nothing wrong and i appreciate all he has done but in my opinion the main thing now is trust and Walter will have that whereas green wont completely. If walter says we are raising the season ticket money then fans would oblige as we would be sure it was for the benefit of rangers and not to fill peoples pockets, Walter can unite the fans and can steer us in the right direction with a trusting backing.

Green has been as good to his word but he was always going to find it difficult because of the people that have gone before him to have the full rangers support and trust.

Has to be walter simply for that reason.

I do not believe that I just saw someone accuse Walter of being in this for the money. Unbelievable.

Expect I did not say that.

He wants to save the club - we know that is his main motive. But I want to see a commitment from his consortium that we are not at the mercy of more profiteering in future. How many worshipped David Murray and he has now been found wanting? What about all those "loyal" players who wouldn't actually play fo the club unless they virtually received tax-free salaries? Sorry, been let down by too many people we cheered and trusted to accept anything at face value now.

Shuggy

Who do I think has the business acumen? I don't think Walter has ever run a business before has he?

That kinda sums it up.

Is this serious?

You realise Smith wouldn't be in charge, yes?

You should compare McColls business accumen against the rest.

For all who say we know fuck all about the Green business plan, we know even less about the Walter Smith plan.

Green deserves some backing for taking the difficult decisions so far and carrying out everything he has set as an agenda thus far.

It's not a simple decision whether people like it or not, they need to come up with the money, TBK didn't do that at the time and if Walter's consortium want to take over they'll certainly need to find the funds.

Green is now the owner but once the emotions are removed who do you want to run Rangers? Pllease tell me why in terms of : football, business, reputation, future or anything else you can think of.

Me it's a thank you Mr Green, if Walter had not came onto the scene I would be backing you but with a healthy dose of scepticism but Walter is Mr Rangers and if there is a way The Gers can be put into Walter's hands then I would maybe be able to relax for the first time in what seems like forever!

My heart says Walter :h34rt: