Are people expecting our players to stay?

If he stays on though he's tied into a new contract and is therefore in a weaker position from an employment stand point.

The big thing here is not that he doesn't know the level we will be playing at (though I imagine that is a factor), it is that there has been no interaction with the players from the club and therefore there can be no guarantees that the players (those that did not negotiate transfer agreements into their contracts at the time of agreeing lower wages) would be allowed to leave.

The number of games means very little. He might not be established but that doesn't mean a Championship or Premier League club down south won't take him and bring him through. It might actually suit them if they play a different style of football, but feel he can adapt to their style with a bit of work.

He clearly doesn't have the stomach for the rangers. If his attitude is that 'his position is weakened' etc etc then he's right to go because he's never make it at our club.

We're not idiots, if he hung in and waited to see where we're playing, we'd allow him to go if it was division 3, unquestionably. You may well be right about a lack of contact. Tough time.

The club doesn't mean enough to the guy. Fair enough. He can take his experience and venture down south

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, they are footballers. So they would like to perhaps play a bit of football. Our situation doesn't seem close to being sorted out. We might not see The Rangers take to the field for a long time.

We'll take to the field in under a months time. Preseason friendlies followed by a league season, whichever league that may be (tu)

We'll take to the field in under a months time. Preseason friendlies followed by a league season, whichever league that may be (tu)

Division 3 looks likely which is no bad thing. Now the top division in Scotland will be utterly useless (no OF games = non competitive title challenge).

Division 3 looks likely which is no bad thing. Now the top division in Scotland will be utterly useless (no OF games = non competitive title challenge).

Get the feeling it'll be division one myself. Either way, we'll be playing football, regardless of who's wearing the shirt

It's different for players who aren't gers supporters, I've no problem with them leaving, like Aluko to further his career. But hope/wish players that are rangers through and through stay I.e. McCullough, Davis etc. I know I would stay no matter what!!

8 more to go in the next 24 hours apparently!

Snowball effect, one moves and starts the ball rolling.

Stand fast Bears, the storm is coming. :anguish:

See you all on the other side. RFC

Best to get shot of them as soon as possible imo.

I don't want them to go but if they want out then do it quickly please.

We do not have time on our hands to fart about pleading with players to stay and anyway it's an honour to play for Rangers as they will find out when they leave.

To rebuild you need a good foundation and to have this we need to know which players are committed to the cause and who wants out.

Only once we know who is backing us in the trenches can we start to climb out of them.

I am shocked that some of these players, if true are leaving. They don't even know what the future is yet, apart from no Europe. The younger guys would do well to stay and play continuos first team football and be ready for when we get back into Europe. We don't have a young first team player who is a regular, ness hasn't really even played forums last season, McCabe had a good few games, but I wouldn't say it was one in two, so I don't see how a season in the first would do them any harm getting to play every game.

Also I can't see why these guys couldn't transfer and we sell for 500k, because if they are as good as they think then a small 500k ain't going to scare a team off.

Let's get it straight, we're not talking about one season possibly playing in Div 1 then back to SPL (probably best case scenario) it's also the prospect of no European football for 3 years.

If they get a move to England, yes they may still not get Euro football but they will play in a tougher league week to week than if they were to stay up here. Any player wishing to leave does so with my understanding, I bear them no ill feeling as they want to play at the highest level available to them. To see any player getting abuse because of this is down to the hurt and anger of what has happened to our club as I'm of the belief that if we had moved back out of administration before the 30th March deadline and kept Euro competition as the carrot, then most of the players would have stayed on even at a reduced salary.

Let's get it straight, we're not talking about one season possibly playing in Div 1 then back to SPL (probably best case scenario) it's also the prospect of no European football for 3 years.

If they get a move to England, yes they may still not get Euro football but they will play in a tougher league week to week than if they were to stay up here. Any player wishing to leave does so with my understanding, I bear them no ill feeling as they want to play at the highest level available to them. To see any player getting abuse because of this is down to the hurt and anger of what has happened to our club as I'm of the belief that if we had moved back out of administration before the 30th March deadline and kept Euro competition as the carrot, then most of the players would have stayed on even at a reduced salary.

Cant blame the players Green is leading us to administration again, the players would be stupid not to for the sake of their own careers.

i think its very poor form for anyone slagging Aluko. He paid money to join us. The guy was looking to further his career nothing more. He gave us some good memories and fair play to the led he will end up at a decent championship club or maybe a bottom of the table EPL club.

Players are employees not supporters and are entitled to change employer without receiving abuse in return. They get little loyalty from club or fans when the chips are down and must/should look after number 1.

Everybody on here, if working for a company under threat and offered a job elsewhere, would move.

All I ask is that the players be honest about the reasons for leaving and that they respect the contractual position and follow the correct procedure for requesting a move.

i think its very poor form for anyone slagging Aluko. He paid money to join us. The guy was looking to further his career nothing more. He gave us some good memories and fair play to the led he will end up at a decent championship club or maybe a bottom of the table EPL club.

This (tu)

Aye pal, they really should stick with us if we do end up in the 3rd division. That will do wonders for their careers.

it's not about " wonders for their careers" it's about pulling on that jersey and sticking by us and helping to put us back at the top.