Traitors lining up at the exit door

tgishome

I previously posted a note calling into question the loyalty or lack of it, by the current Rangers squad and given the news of Rhys McCabe my worries are begining to come to the surface.

I fully understand that throughout this saga the players have been kept in the dark as much as the supporters, I also understand that they, like us mere mortals need to look after themselves and their families (poor souls who stuggle to survive on a weekly wage many of us have as an annual salary) but I wonder:

1. How can ex players, Celik and Wylde (and now McCabe, wait for the rest), be positively lauded for taking the first opportunity to jump ship?

2. Why, to date, are McCulloch, McCabe and Perry the only players to pledge their future to Rangers regardless of league status, now even McCabe has changed his mind?

3. Given the opportunity to transfer their contacts to "The Rangers" at their full salary and benefits, if they are "so loyal" and "Rangers men" why have they not confirmed their acceptance?

4. Players were hero's, it seems, when they agreed to take between a 25% and 75% pay cut for a 2-4 month period. This helped short term but players being players they could not resist having the leave cheap/for next to nothing clauses entered into their contracts as a bonus..... true loyalty????

5. It seems that a large number plan to take the opportunity to leave the club for new, no doubt better paid options! Are we asking so much when they are undoubtedly asked to play one season in Division One on their current salary before being back to normal in SPL, hardly a career/bank account killer?

I see all who decide to jump ship as traitors of the lowest order (forget the "Good luck Rhys" politically correct bull) although perhaps cleansing the club of these two-faced badge kissers will be good in the long term although it doesn't feel like it this morning.

Now lets see who is in the "true bears" camp

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant bring myself to call anyone who leaves a 'traitor' unless they went to you know who, but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth with young lads like McCabe. Ally said recently that there would never be a better time to be a young player at Rangers and hes right but some people cant see the woods for the trees.

How do you know they have been offered the current salary to play in D1?

Answer is you fucking do not, you know nothing none of us do, so hold fire before you brand any cunt a "traitor"

How fucking stupid will you feel if McCabe comes oot in the paper next week saying Green offered him £20 a week to play in D1, unlikely yes but until any of the facts are confirmed keep yer fucking traitor comments to yourself pal!

Would you stick in a job if you already had to take a cut in wages, and there were no guarentee's youd be paid your next months wage?

We are all fans but some of us need to take a more objective perspective.

Its all well and good us saying we'd pay for free, but these guys are looking after their livelyhood.

I previously posted a note calling into question the loyalty or lack of it, by the current Rangers squad and given the news of Rhys McCabe my worries are begining to come to the surface.

I fully understand that throughout this saga the players have been kept in the dark as much as the supporters, I also understand that they, like us mere mortals need to look after themselves and their families (poor souls who stuggle to survive on a weekly wage many of us have as an annual salary) but I wonder:

1. How can ex players, Celik and Wylde (and now McCabe, wait for the rest), be positively lauded for taking the first opportunity to jump ship?

2. Why, to date, are McCulloch, McCabe and Perry the only players to pledge their future to Rangers regardless of league status, now even McCabe has changed his mind?

3. Given the opportunity to transfer their contacts to "The Rangers" at their full salary and benefits, if they are "so loyal" and "Rangers men" why have they not confirmed their acceptance?

4. Players were hero's, it seems, when they agreed to take between a 25% and 75% pay cut for a 2-4 month period. This helped short term but players being players they could not resist having the leave cheap/for next to nothing clauses entered into their contracts as a bonus..... true loyalty????

5. It seems that a large number plan to take the opportunity to leave the club for new, no doubt better paid options! Are we asking so much when they are undoubtedly asked to play one season in Division One on their current salary before being back to normal in SPL, hardly a career/bank account killer?

I see all who decide to jump ship as traitors of the lowest order (forget the "Good luck Rhys" politically correct bull) although perhaps cleansing the club of these two-faced badge kissers will be good in the long term although it doesn't feel like it this morning.

Now lets see who is in the "true bears" camp

Has it been confirmed by the player, the players agent or our Club that Rhys McCabe wants to leave?

Last I heard, it was the BBC that broke with this "scoop" - and we at Rangers know that they're "scoops" are usually "pish".

I think we should wait until a credible source informs us of current Rangers players who do or dont want to stay mate.

My only critisicsm of players leaving in this manner is that we won't get a fee for them.

I have no issues (well ..) if they leave as we will be dropping at least one division and these players have aspirations beyond that.

My issue is that I had hoped that they would re-sign and renove the low tranfer fee clause to allow the club to receive a good fee for thier services, as one last act of loyalty to the club and it's fans.

That is my sadness !!

How do you know they have been offered the current salary to play in D1?

Answer is you fucking do not, you know nothing none of us do, so hold fire before you brand any cunt a "traitor"

How fucking stupid will you feel if McCabe comes oot in the paper next week saying Green offered him £20 a week to play in D1, unlikely yes but until any of the facts are confirmed keep yer fucking traitor comments to yourself pal!

Alnic 3856, not very well written, perhaps you should follow your own advice and "Keep Calm". If you read a book, read one on employment law that confirm that staff who agree to a transfer of contract under TUPE regulations are guaranteed their previous terms and conditions. Before you lambast a fellow supporter, think and if thats too much to ask then read appropriate material that may educate your mind

Because they were transferred under TUPE and Rhys McCabe has a three year contract.

And you think those terms will stand if we are not in Premier League? get a grip those contracts will be renegotiated as soon as our league is known, ye his currewnt deal will stand for a month or so then what? We do not know no one does but the players may have some information that we do not so for anyone to brand them a traitor at this stage when not in posession of the facts is fucking outrageous!!

I understand and agree to an extent mate, these boys have been given great opportunities.

But we don't know the full extent here.

However, under TUPE Green can't offer you a lower deal. Contract must remain the same.

Much of the current squad will have contracts heavily dependant on bonuses. Bonuses that depend on playing in europe/winning the spl/winning cups

How will they do that in Div1?

Alnic 3856, not very well written, perhaps you should follow your own advice and "Keep Calm". If you read a book, read one on employment law that confirm that staff who agree to a transfer of contract under TUPE regulations are guaranteed their previous terms and conditions. Before you lambast a fellow supporter, think and if thats too much to ask then read appropriate material that may educate your mind

I'll keep calm when wallopers like you stop branding people traitors when you know fuck all about the situation. Honest to god if you know something we don't then share it otherwise keep your trap shut and stop trying to spread discontent.

Fucking disgusting fae you lot, utterly disgusting.

The deal will be renegotiated you know that i know that everyone knows that, how do you know he wasn't told that if we are relegated his contract will be renegotiated to "X Amount" how do you know all the players haven't been told that? Answer is you don't so don't try and be a smart arse spouting about reading books and employment law and whatever else dumb put down you can think of, if you honestly believe these guys have been told that in the event of relegation they will all keep their current deal then you are fucking deluded, it may be they are leaving now while they have the opportunity to safeguard their own future, if they stay there is no guarantee they can or will find another club when a transfer fee is involved.

I stand by my statement you should wait until the facts are known before branding anyone a traitor.

if theyre on the same wages and are fucking off theyre about as loyal as a wet fart. fuck them.

IF they have been promised that in the event of relegation etc they will all keep the same deal they are on now then aye there will certainly be some questions to ask of their motives. But until we know that for a fact then judgement should not be passed.

It is more likely they have been informed that in the event we are relegated all contracts will be renegotiated, fuck sake we were running at a loss in the SPL, and if this is the case they are well withing their rights to seek alternative employment.

because he has a Fucking contract for starters. Rangers could offer him a new deal which he could reject but as the terms of TUPE they get the same contracts as before

Therein lies the rub - if all the players decide to stay & see out their contracts with the club receiving 1st, 3rd or even no division money, we'll be back in the same spot in no time!

We'd be damned if they stay, they'll be damned if they don't!