Gough, the floodgates are open

ray

By RICHARD GOUGH

Published: 23rd June 2012

RHYS McCABE may have just opened the floodgates for Rangers.

ALLY McCOIST blasted his walkaway stars last night as he faced up to a Gers exodus from the club:

The young midfielder has now been joined by Sone Aluko and Kyle Lafferty in not wanting to have his contract transferred to the Rangers newco.

I am not surprised we have now got players breaking ranks — and I don’t blame them at all.

They were led up the garden path when they took a 75 per cent wage cut as the club staggered from administration towards liquidation.

The players thought if they took the cut they would be safe. Look how that turned out.

Now the players have no idea which division Rangers will even be playing in.

Is it going to be in the SPL, the First Division or the Third Division? We just don’t know.

One thing looks pretty clear, the SPL clubs won’t vote us in.

Many of the players won’t fancy playing in a lower league.

When I came up to Rangers from England, the attraction was playing European football every year.

How are you going to improve as a player if you are not going to be playing in Europe for three years and starting in the Third Division?

Someone like McCabe has got a bright future in the game and playing in the Third Division for a year is not going to help his game.

If PFA Scotland are saying they can leave for free because once there is a newco then the contract doesn’t automatically get transferred over, then I would imagine they are right, so now I expect a domino-effect and that players who can leave will do so!

They will get good contracts with the vultures down south in the Premiership and in the Championship waiting to swoop.

So why would guys like Allan McGregor and Steven Davis stay and play in the Scottish Third Division when they could easily go and play for a club like Wigan.

If I was there, I know where I would be playing, no matter how much affection I have for Glasgow Rangers.

I also saw Ally McCoist’s statement on the situation.

He is frustrated and puffing out his chest when he says some may be using the changeover as an excuse to leave and not to insult fans by later trying to sugar-coat their departure. He is right that the players have to come forward and be honest, but I imagine he will be expecting the worst.

It was fantastic the players took a huge wage cut and if they have the opportunity to walk out with a free transfer, then I think they will take that opportunity.

I am not sure how many of the players will leave though.

If Rangers do find themselves in the Third Division, then I am sure it will be a lot.

Ally also had a go at agents touting his players, but they come with the territory. That is football. I never had an agent but every player now has one.

Ally knows that and they are just doing their job — but it still must be a difficult thing for him to deal with.

In truth, though, the club should never have been allowed to get into this situation and, for that reason, I don’t think the fans will blame the players if they do leave.

Players need to make a living and if you can earn £20,000 a week somewhere else, then you have to look after your family.

If you are looking for a positive, it is a great chance to build a young Rangers team with a couple of veterans in it.

Lee McCulloch has said he would stay even if they were in the Third Division.

While I admire that, I just wonder that if, for argument’s sake he was offered £30,000 a week at Wigan or wherever, what he would do.

It is a short career and as a player you have got to milk that cow until it is dry.

It is a shame what is happening to my old club but they have now got to take the punishment, whatever it is.

If it is starting in the Third Division, so be it.

Rangers just need to suck up what the other clubs vote for — and it looks ever more likely they will vote no to an SPL place.

I think everyone has had enough now and we need to move on.

If clubs are going to demand we go down — and their supporters want us to go down — then we have to take it.

I think it is short sighted myself and that it will damage Scottish football.

But I’m sure Rangers would quickly shoot through the divisions and come back up to the SPL a lot stronger.

However, it is one big mess and to add to it, the fans are not buying season tickets right now.

I feel that there will be a lot more twists and turns to come before it is all settled.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4391149/Things-will-only-get-worse.html#ixzz1yfB7oQRo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to say but I've thought that Gough has been poor throughout this whole debacle.

He's our most successful captain (ever or post war I don't know) but his lack of input has been obvious.

He could have thrown his weight behind RFFF or otherwise got involved but he's done nothing. At least he could have went on record criticising Murray but like Walter he's still under his spell apparently.

When it's all weighed up in the balance some people will come out of this as Rangers legends some will see their former reputations tarnished.

I fear Richard Gough is in the latter category.

He maybe right that a year in the Third division won't help Rhys Mcabe's career. However, where does he, or indeed Rhys Mcabe for that matter, imagine he will be playing next season? The English premiership? The Championship? Regardless of what division we are in rangers are the best club he will have the chance to play for next season in terms of progressing his career. He will get regular football for sure. Any other youngsters at the club might do will to think about what is best before they rush to fuck off and leave us.

Aye, well said Richard, and thanks very much for your support NOT, your attitude stinks, and to think we respected you as one of the Rangers greats, well i don't anymore, you are just all me, me and fucking more me, big jig is a REAL RANGERS man, you're just a greedy cunt, now fuck off!!

I know I am anxiuose but I am not niave to know because of the uncertainty and the longer this fiadco goes need to move on now .

3rd Div for me becaise we realy wont jave a team left to compete for top 6 in the SPL.

And by the time we get those sanctions which would cripple us again then , we could be back to sqiare one .

For the sake of the club i will take Div 3 and cut the players loose .Their all gonna leave anyway cant believe how niave Green is being in all of this.

The uncertainty can criple us further.

And we dont need to just suck up what the bogots give us, I think that knock in the heads went to him.

Sad to say but I've thought that Gough has been poor throughout this whole debacle.

He's our most successful captain (ever or post war I don't know) but his lack of input has been obvious.

He could have thrown his weight behind RFFF or otherwise got involved but he's done nothing. At least he could have went on record criticising Murray but like Walter he's still under his spell apparently.

When it's all weighed up in the balance some people will come out of this as Rangers legends some will see their former reputations tarnished.

I fear Richard Gough is in the latter category.

Unless a lot of the players don't want to get involved because they have something to hide. I'm not saying that's true but you do wonder sometimes why they all seem to back off from helping the club

The players should sign on with the newco. If we go down a division or 3 then they can exercise their transfer clauses so the club can at least get a little money to replace them.

With friends like Gough, one of my favourite ever Gers players, who needs enemies.

Goram, another hero of mine, hasn't proved any better.

Super must feel like he's on his own.

When I came up to Rangers from England, the attraction was playing European football every year.
If I was there, I know where I would be playing, no matter how much affection I have for Glasgow Rangers.
It is a shame what is happening to my old club but they have now got to take the punishment, whatever it is.
If clubs are going to demand we go down — and their supporters want us to go down — then we have to take it.

Only here for europe and cash and you have affection for us, stop referring to us as your old club and we or us then.

Gee thanks for your input Richard dont let the door hit you on.........

doh

When the fuck are we gonna get somone other than mccoist show some fuckin balls?

Someone needs to come out and say if these players use the situation as an excuse to get out their contracts its a fucking disgrace to the shirt.

It is a short career and as a player you have got to milk that cow until it is dry.

Another so called legend bites the dust. Away and take a fuck to yourself, Gough.

Only here for europe and cash and you have affection for us, stop referring to us as your old club and we or us then.

doh

John brown!..now it's Richard Gough.. These guys are weeding themselves out and we took it they were Rangers legends!...when they were only in it for the money!..."we are where we are".I'd have Ally or Lee or Nacho any day!

doh

John brown!..now it's Richard Gough.. These guys are weeding themselves out and we took it they were Rangers legends!...when they were only in it for the money!..."we are where we are".I'd have Ally or Lee or Nacho any day!

Richard Gough....fuck off!

You're history at Rangers for me is now gone...

Cheers!

What is your history at Rangers mate?

Sick to fucking death of cunts, complete cunts, cunts of the highest order coming on here and spiling shit. Gough is the BEST defender i have ever seen in Scotland. So we now have wee fannies saying his legacy is over, fuck off. Its like the people on here who say boycott away matches but dont even go to home matches, or they cant buy a season ticket as they have other commitements.

How many of these ex players have helped Rangers out through out all of this? Sick of ex players talking about taking our punishments. We are getting punished because of you and other ex players greed. And i'm not buying this shite about the players didn't know about this. They did that was the reason why they signed for us.

Says the guy who was there propably benefiting through EBTS etc etc.

Sick of these ex players coming out and talking shite about taking our punishment.

Whit? Gough got EBTs now? oh ffs, go to bed you dickhead

who gives a fck,just come onto this,i really couldnae give a fck about ANY ex-player,i have supported the RANGERS for over 35 years,so as far as im concerned i have them seen them all come and go,if you have reservations about signing FUCK OFF..

What is your history at Rangers mate?

Sick to fucking death of cunts, complete cunts, cunts of the highest order coming on here and spiling shit. Gough is the BEST defender i have ever seen in Scotland. So we now have wee fannies saying his legacy is over, fuck off. Its like the people on here who say boycott away matches but dont even go to home matches, or they cant buy a season ticket as they have other commitements.

What's your history? it's a question that reciprocates?

He was a great captain and defender there is no doubt... But for me he's just put the boot in when he knows that's the last thing we need so he's undone for me his greatness as a player.

Don't call me a wee fanny ya big fanny....OK!