Need some help here fellow Rangers fans.

My 15 year old son was allowed access this site months ago for some research for his school project about Rangers saying "sorry" for all these wrongs that have been done in our name.

I tried my best to tell him that he had nothing to feel sorry about but because of all the ridicule he had been receiving at school (he attends the best academic school in our area which happens to be Catholic) he was determined to stand up and tell his class why he was still proud to be a Rangers supporter despite all the terrible things that were done in Rangers name.

I could see how much this meant to him and since he is almost 15 I thought it was better to let him carry on with his project "Peace and Reconciliation" without to much interference.

His project is well balanced and highlights all the great things about Rangers past but also acknowledges the terrible deeds done in Rangers name against the wishes of the fans.

Now comes the difficult part. At the end of his presentation he wants to hand out letters of apology to all his class mates who support different teams and ask that they forgive Rangers for cheating etc.

His presentation and letters are all ready for school today but I'm not sure whether or not I should encourage him or not to go ahead with this?

I heard him crying last night when the news of Rangers players leaving to go on holiday or something. I don't know all the details but he was upset that they might not come back. Of course I told him not to be silly and they would be back but he started taking down pictures/posters of players and it upset me to see the tears rolling down his cheeks like that. Worst of all he told me I didnt understand!

I dont want to upset him any further since his Papa has just told him recently that they wont be renewing season tickets because there isnt a Rangers anymore! He's been going since he was six.

Well, he doesnt know it yet but Ive just spent most of my savings and bought two new season cards.... if his Papa doesnt take him I will! His bithday is next week and I was going to surprise him then but with all this carry on with Rangers at the moment I was thinking it might be better to tell him now?

Also, I want to make sure he has included enough of the good things about Rangers not just all the bad stuff in this presentation. He's so sorry for all the bad things Rangers have done and he just wants the other teams in Scotland to forgive Rangers and start again.

Can anyone reply with some of the good stuff Rangers have done please so I can make sure he's included it?

Sorry for short notice but he leaves for school at 8am!!

Thanks and God bless!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My 15 year old son was allowed access this site months ago for some research for his school project about Rangers saying "sorry" for all these wrongs that have been done in our name.

I tried my best to tell him that he had nothing to feel sorry about but because of all the ridicule he had been receiving at school (he attends the best academic school in our area which happens to be Catholic) he was determined to stand up and tell his class why he was still proud to be a Rangers supporter despite all the terrible things that were done in Rangers name.

I could see how much this meant to him and since he is almost 15 I thought it was better to let him carry on with his project "Peace and Reconciliation" without to much interference.

His project is well balanced and highlights all the great things about Rangers past but also acknowledges the terrible deeds done in Rangers name against the wishes of the fans.

Now comes the difficult part. At the end of his presentation he wants to hand out letters of apology to all his class mates who support different teams and ask that they forgive Rangers for cheating etc.

His presentation and letters are all ready for school today but I'm not sure whether or not I should encourage him or not to go ahead with this?

I heard him crying last night when the news of Rangers players leaving to go on holiday or something. I don't know all the details but he was upset that they might not come back. Of course I told him not to be silly and they would be back but he started taking down pictures/posters of players and it upset me to see the tears rolling down his cheeks like that. Worst of all he told me I didnt understand!

I dont want to upset him any further since his Papa has just told him recently that they wont be renewing season tickets because there isnt a Rangers anymore! He's been going since he was six.

Well, he doesnt know it yet but Ive just spent most of my savings and bought two new season cards.... if his Papa doesnt take him I will! His bithday is next week and I was going to surprise him then but with all this carry on with Rangers at the moment I was thinking it might be better to tell him now?

Also, I want to make sure he has included enough of the good things about Rangers not just all the bad stuff in this presentation. He's so sorry for all the bad things Rangers have done and he just wants the other teams in Scotland to forgive Rangers and start again.

Can anyone reply with some of the good stuff Rangers have done please so I can make sure he's included it?

Thanks and God bless!

I feel sorry for your son his crying in his room is him telling you, dad this must stop.

Lots of Catholic kids are going through the same trauma your son is just now.

Thanks and God bless!

We're all hurting as Bears here and no matter what school he goes to tell him to always stand and be proud to be a Teddy.

1985 we played a charity match against Chelsea at Stanford bridge for the victims of the Bradford fire disaster.

1994 Rangers then Chairman offered to save Celtic from liquidation as he knew how important the Old Firm are to Scottish football but Fergus McCann stepped in and did it himself...Celtic on the other hand gloated,laughed and ridiculed Rangers as we went into Liquidation and no olive branch was handed out...That shows what a special club we are.

2008 Rangers supporters stopped at Celtic park on the way home from a crushing defeat in the UEFA cup final to lay a wreath marking the passing of Tommy Burns..Celtic fans wear mocking tops and shout obscene remarks regarding the loss of 66 brothers and sisters on stairway 13 in january 1971..

Just 3 insights into why we are Scotland's top institution and why we'll never die.

NO SURRENDER :uk:

Thanks and God bless!

Maybe have a word with his "papa"

I'd be more nervy about the one on one time with the teachers at the school than I would be about any apology letter. Oh, and we're well rid of anyone of preaches about there being no Rangers. The existence of glory-hunters among our support disgusts me.

Thanks and God bless!

Great attempt but not quite good enough, you see the letter was almost believable until you mentioned the cheating part, what cheating do you think was done ? what has been proven against Glasgow Rangers ? fuck all so far.

Too many timposters appearing on this site trying to wind people up, yes Rangers are in a bad way just now but no matter what I would rather be a Bluenose than a filthy terrorist harbouring, peado loving scum bag from the Ghetto that is Parkhead.

Nice peace man. Your boy can be proud to be a Rangers fan as each weekend he's went with his granadad the Club Rangers has gave him much joy.

That's the good Rangers have done. Your sons spent years with his Papa at games because of Rangers. He's seen Rangers win titles etc and been overjoyed by it.

That's the good Rangers have done, our love for the Club will never die.

Great attempt but not quite good enough, you see the letter was almost believable until you mentioned the cheating part, what cheating do you think was done ? what has been proven against Glasgow Rangers ? fuck all so far.

Too many timposters appearing on this site trying to wind people up, yes Rangers are in a bad way just now but no matter what I would rather be a Bluenose than a filthy terrorist harbouring, peado loving scum bag from the Ghetto that is Parkhead.

(tu)

I'm his Mum! Why do you want to know what school he goes to? I dont think that question's even asked on application forms anymore!

I would be interested to know which Catholic school was the top academically in your area. Because it is certainly beating the national trend....

Scottish School League tables

I highly doubt a fine academic school would get their pupils to spend "months" (your words) to come up with "letters of apology" to hand out to the supporters of other football teams for wrongs purportedly committed by another football team.

a) this sounds like something a 6 year old would do

b) what subject is this ?

c) shouldn't he be studying for exams ?

I just wanted to know about some of the less well obvious good things Rangers have done for my son's project. Thanks to those above that contributed positively.

Quite frankly I'm shocked and disappointed by some of the other remarks.

Oh well, at least I'll have some new gossip for the ladies at the coffee morning!

I just wanted to know about some of the less well obvious good things Rangers have done for my son's project. Thanks to those above that contributed positively.

Oh well, at least I'll have some new gossip for the ladies at the coffee morning!

Aye, in the chapel.

PS when your sons stands up to deliver or writes this "apology" perhaps you should get him to start off with...

"Before I apologise may I just point out...theres a lot worse things than fiddling the taxman"