They want Sporting Integrity?

scottyc06

With the news that Hibs will also vote against newco Rangers joining the SPL on the grounds of Sporting Integrity, I wonder what they would suggest we do instead? Considering in the same statement they have mentioned how it would financially hit them! No doubt, they as well as Hearts and Dundee Utd will be suggesting Rangers go to the first division to keep with Sporting Integrity!!

However I fail to see where the Sporting Integrity is by putting Rangers into the second tier of Scottish Football! I mean surely that goes against Sporting Integrity considering their is 4 top leagues within the country! Surely if Sporting Integrity is the key here, we must apply to start at the bottom! It would be unfair on every other club not to, right?

Ah, but then these clubs spouting Sporting Integrity are now at a short fall for at least 3 years, with Sky only holding out for one season, and no windfall from the largest travelling support in the country what happens to these clubs?

If they want sporting integrity, give them it!! Don't accept a drop to the first division! Do the 'right thing' for sporting integrity and start at the bottom! Then we'll see what their view on sporting integrity is when they are faced with administration, liquidation etc.

There is no mechanism that allows us to enter the SFL at the first division without major league reconstruction and we all know what the chances are of that happening between now and mid-August. We should be applying for entry at Division 3 now.

How can they push through a way to drop us into division 1 in a few weeks time?

It's too late in the day,can't see it now.

Div 3 and start again,no favours wanted or needed.

Would you actually put it past them to make up a new legislation to benefit themselfs? I mean this is Scottish Football we're talking about here!

I'm more thinking the logistics of it mate,all thats required,voting by the sfl clubs etc.

Div 3 is more simple,bump everyone up one spot and we start at the bottom.

Totally agree, however their past record indicates they do nothing simply or for the right reasons so wont be holding my breath!

If they did find a way of dropping us into 1st division, what's to stop us winning it and then turning down the promotion? We're out of Europe for 3 years anyway, so why be part of a mechanism that allows the rest of the SPL clubs access to SKY tv money?

If they did find a way of dropping us into 1st division, what's to stop us winning it and then turning down the promotion? We're out of Europe for 3 years anyway, so why be part of a mechanism that allows the rest of the SPL clubs access to SKY tv money?

Sounds good but money talks and if Charles Green is still here at that point then he will go where the mopney is and that will be the SPL.

Sounds good but money talks and if Charles Green is still here at that point then he will go where the mopney is and that will be the SPL.

I was just thinking that they want their cake and to eat it. Going into the 1st division means we would be playing a better standard of team than the 3rd division. It would mean that we MAY be able to keep a better standard of player and that we could hold the SPL clubs to a bit of a ransom over the SKY tv deal. We don't at this moment seem to be holding any ace cards.

Don't think we would actually be able to turn down promotion, would we? Also don't see the club doing that!

Bring on the 3rd division!!

The new Mantra that is sporting integrity was started in the Beastend by supporters who sing every week about murdering British soldiers and carry coffins to games.

Forgive me if i find it a bit hollow.

Am I the only bear who thinks that this is the way to go AND also morally the right thing to do?

If we were parachuted into the SPL as a newcompany/club (whatever you want to call it) then we would forever be perceived as having been helped out by the bastarding chairmen in the SPL. I think that this way we can start again and do it the proper way without anyone being able to say that we needed the help of a bunch of no mark teams in a no mark league.

When it happens our 1st/55th title, (whatever it will be, I personally think the 'oficial' records will show it to be our first), will be sweeter than ever.