Just what is our impact away from Ibrox?

Shane

Working with the numbers we got from the Motherwell financial guidance document, and subsequently verified in my twitter chat with Mr Johnson, we've been able to draw a little better image of just what a home date vs. Rangers means to the SPL9:

RFCgateimpact.jpg

link

In their haste to listen to their "fans" they are acting tough without realising that Scottish football will kill itself if all the teams on the brink topple.

Lunacy imo, when we get back to the whats left of the Spl there will be hardly any of the recognisible clubs still around, fall on your sword you daft fuckers.

There are many who should hang their head in shame over this carry on, a few from Ibrox included.

Hmmmm it all hinges on the Sky Deal IMO.

Ra Sellic threatened a boycott to anyone letting Rangers back in the league so this means nothing, the clubs were fucked either way.

Who goes to the wall depends on the Sky Deal.

In their haste to listen to their "fans" they are acting tough without realising that Scottish football will kill itself if all the teams on the brink topple.

Lunacy imo, when we get back to the whats left of the Spl there will be hardly any of the recognisible clubs still around, fall on your sword you daft fuckers.

There are many who should hang their head in shame over this carry on, a few from Ibrox included.

The fans they have been listening to are the equivalent of our very own md...................they have asked their various trust and just how many of their fan base are involved with these set ups. People I know up here know exactly what my feelings are for Rangers and I still never miss the opportunity in telling them why we are the people............what has surprised me is that sheep fans (well older ones) have been saying that this has turned into a witch-hunt against us.........and that some of the things are way over the top................it is a certain age group of their fans that are gloating and all for us not being involved.............they seem to think of this as a victory.

Now what does this mean to them.......................loss of money and no way will they get fans in through the door to make up the numbers....for a couple of games they will come out the woodwork................also the other thing that it means for them ........instead of finishing 9th they have a better chance of finishing 8th.uk.gif

Why the fuck were Aberdeen building a new stadium when even when Rangers come to town, they can't even fill 3/4 of their shitehole just now :lol: silly sheep :lol: Could see 3 or 4 teams disappear by the time we're back

What I don't understand is why these clubs expect an increase in ticket sales due to Rangers not being in the league!? I mean, they're home attendances rise when the old firm come to town yet for some reason, they think that a game between say Inverness and St Mirren will attract a larger crowd than normal due to Rangers not being in the league!

Very strange thought process to say the least!

I believe whilst listening to their bitter fans they have not realised that most of them who have been vocal are the armchair mob who never attend the football.

I would say most of them who actually turn up for games see the bigger picture.

What I don't understand is why these clubs expect an increase in ticket sales due to Rangers not being in the league!? I mean, they're home attendances rise when the old firm come to town yet for some reason, they think that a game between say Inverness and St Mirren will attract a larger crowd than normal due to Rangers not being in the league!

exactly,it really is laughable can u imagine a midweek game between inverness and st johnstone in winter.at the most

probably about 1000

I believe whilst listening to their bitter fans they have not realised that most of them who have been vocal are the armchair mob who never attend the football.

I would say most of them who actually turn up for games see the bigger picture.

A good argument against fans involvement in running clubs,I would say.

Good to know that they pricks across the town have paid an extra £50 this year for ST's with no Rangers.... :lol:

Their crowds have been in terminal decline, I cannot see how this will improve without Rangers in the league. If anything, a number will pay at the gate now as the season ticket is only of value in that it guarantees a ticket for the derby.

People need to stop thinking about this in financial terms. It's an emotive decision rooted in envy and a desire to see Rangers taken down a peg or ten. They cannot beat us eleven against eleven so this once in a lifetime chance is too much for them to pass by.

One thing that has been completely missed by these clubs and their self serving support is the impact on their local economy. Pubs, Take Away's, B&Bs, shops, etc are all going to be hit big time. I would assume the additional income some of these businesses receive for an Old Firm business is a very nice boost to their revenue.

Because Bill Leckie, Gordon Waddell and their like have told them so.