A Bairns View

Gus2

Firstly let me say I am a Falkirk fan who has no great affection for the Old firm. But it saddens me that a club with the fan-base and world wide recognition of Rangers has fallen to the depths that it has.

Why (those of you still reading will ask?)

1. As a Falkirk fan I can sympathise with the genuine Rangers fans who fear for the clubs very survival. Because as a Falkirk fan I have been there I have lived this nightmare. Thankfully for me Falkirk’s debt was not of the magnitude that faced and faces Rangers. Falkirk got lucky the people who came to our rescue were genuine Bairns who cleared our debt by digging deep and fostering a we are in this together attitude with the fan base who also played their part by paying players and staff wages by fund raising.

2. Scottish football needs a strong fiscally viable Rangers .Who above all else have to be a Rangers which other clubs fans do not have as their default setting as the bad guys of Scottish football.

3. I have no wish to see Scottish football diminished by the complete destruction of Rangers Football Club.

Having said that.

Rangers Football Club and their fans need to accept that the actions of David Murray, Craig Whyte and Others both at boardroom level and below have tarnished their clubs reputation. Also the actions of certain elements of your fan-base have eroded much of the sympathy that fellow football fans did have for your plight.

Now from a true outsiders perspective. Here Is what I think has to happen.

1. Accept that through no fault of the Club or it’s fans you are now to all intents a purpose a new footballing entity which unless it is willing to accept the liabilities of it former incarnation has no right’s to it’s place in the SPL (Which to be fair to most Rangers fans they do accept)

2. As a fan-base you are woefully divided this needs to be rectified without unity as a group. You and your club will be easy targets for shysters and Conmen out for a fast buck.

3. Encourage your club to accept the challenge of rebuilding from the 3rd Division . Because with your hard-core fan base and the facilities which you have at Murray Park and Ibrox . The Rangers youth system should be able to provide the foundation of a successful on the park squad in the 2nd and 3rd division once promoted to the 1st I would say additional funds would have to be released for more experienced players to be recruited but as some on here have already pointed out which sound fiscal management your club should have no problem doing that.

4. Now comes the hard part as a club and as fans of that club you really need to build bridges with other clubs and fans. Because if this episode in your clubs history has proved anything it is that without the good will of others no-one or no thing is to big to fail. The No One like’s Us We Don’t Care/ WATP days have to be put behind you . Because that above all else is why so many clubs fans have been baying for your clubs humiliation.

I hope that you read this and accept it as a genuine attempt to explain the viewpoint of many Non-Old Firm fans

Yours with sympathy

A Falkirk Bairn

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly let me say I am a Falkirk fan who has no great affection for the Old firm. But it saddens me that a club with the fan-base and world wide recognition of Rangers has fallen to the depths that it has.

1. As a Falkirk fan I can sympathise with the genuine Rangers fans who fear for the clubs very survival. Because as a Falkirk fan I have been there I have lived this nightmare. Thankfully for me Falkirk’s debt was not of the magnitude that faced and faces Rangers. Falkirk got lucky the people who came to our rescue were genuine Bairns who cleared our debt by digging deep and fostering a we are in this together attitude with the fan base who also played their part by paying players and staff wages by fund raising.

2. Scottish football needs a strong fiscally viable Rangers .Who above all else have to be a Rangers which other clubs fans do not have as their default setting as the bad guys of Scottish football.

3. I have no wish to see Scottish football diminished by the complete destruction of Rangers Football Club.

Having said that.

Rangers Football Club and their fans need to accept that the actions of David Murray, Craig Whyte and Others both at boardroom level and below have tarnished their clubs reputation. Also the actions of certain elements of your fan-base have eroded much of the sympathy that fellow football fans did have for your plight.

1. Accept that through no fault of the Club or it’s fans you are now to all intents a purpose a new footballing entity which unless it is willing to accept the liabilities of it former incarnation has no right’s to it’s place in the SPL (Which to be fair to most Rangers fans they do accept)

2. As a fan-base you are woefully divided this needs to be rectified without unity as a group. You and your club will be easy targets for shysters and Conmen out for a fast buck.

3. Encourage your club to accept the challenge of rebuilding from the 3rd Division . Because with your hard-core fan base and the facilities which you have at Murray Park and Ibrox . The Rangers youth system should be able to provide the foundation of a successful on the park squad in the 2nd and 3rd division once promoted to the 1st I would say additional funds would have to be released for more experienced players to be recruited but as some on here have already pointed out which sound fiscal management your club should have no problem doing that.

4. Now comes the hard part as a club and as fans of that club you really need to build bridges with other clubs and fans. Because if this episode in your clubs history has proved anything it is that without the good will of others no-one or no thing is to big to fail. The No One like’s Us We Don’t Care/ WATP days have to be put behind you . Because that above all else is why so many clubs fans have been baying for your clubs humiliation.

I hope that you read this and accept it as a genuine attempt to explain the viewpoint of many Non-Old Firm fans

Yours with sympathy

A Falkirk Bairn

I'll never forgive those that stuck the boot in when we were at our lowest point. And you can be sure as hell they'll get what's coming to them.

Fair play OP however one gripe I have with your letter is the part where you say we should drop the No One Likes Us / WATP attitude, if you have been walking around with your eyes open since Feb 14 and further into recent history you'll notice we've been attacked and demonised not only as a club but as a people.

There's a reason we sing that no-one likes us.

Why in the fuck should we try to build bridges with fans of other clubs who have for years done nothing but bang on about how much they hate Rangers?

Should Rangers fans say 'It's ok that you hate us but we quite like you'

Get to fuck.

Apart from that your other points are quite fair.

Having said that.

Yours with sympathy

A Falkirk Bairn

To be fair, some good points there. Certainly appreciate that perhaps in the past some gers fans have shamed the club, but even the most staunch anti rangers supporter must admit that we have been dragged through the gutter not by those who support the club, the lifeblood, the fans, but by some mindless cowboy owners and an incompetent governing body...as for div 3, we share your sentiment, but the reality is that scottish football will be the eqivelant of blue square for those years that we are pushing for promotion. It pains me to say it but the owners of SPL clubs are putting pride ahead of business, trying to have their day in the sun, to finally be Goliath in their David and Goliath battle, yet this very pride is what stands to potentially bring down scottish football for good. Football is business, the sooner they realise that the better . Thanks for your honest thoughts though

Thanks for your thoughts.

I would say first that Rangers will keep the history of the oldco - for better or worse and take whatever punishment is just. That said, the only proven "crime" is Craig Whyte's short but ruinous reign at the club and even there we have a police investigation with the possibility of the club being a victim of fraud rather than a perpetrator. Enough directors were resigning and voicing concerns to the SPL/SFA at the time about Whyte but it all fell on deaf ears.

But, yes, there is the EBT tax case and the dual contracts cases outstanding and at some point and IF found guilty the club has to accept responsibility for this. Until then, Rangers should not be pre-judged until the final verdicts are given.

If Rangers did scam on EBTs and contracts then send us to the 3rd division but at this point Rangers should only be judged on the mitigating circumstances of the Criag Whyte episode. I don't see that as worthy of division 3.

As for other fans, going by the tsunami of hate that is currently swamping the club, I think it would take God Himself to sort that out. I get on fine enough with other fans and having their goodwill to the club is preferable to their disdain. However, I think Rangers' long history of success is something they seem to regard as unpalatable and unjust! Not a lot Rangers can do about that.

Shuggy

1. you are now to all intents a purpose a new footballing entity

I don't accept any of that mince. A 'Falkirk fan' telling The Rangers support what we are and what we have to do? A club with, what, 480 supporters or something, telling us what to do?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll be fine soon enough and back at the top. Our rightful place - and that's what really sickens the diddy clubs.

Having said that.

Yours with sympathy

A Falkirk Bairn

so we're a new club and we're to accept responsibility for what the old club done?

you're also on here slagging off us the fans.

fuck off yer a bheast

No one likes us, we dont care, because we are the people.

Just you sit back and watch us son, weve been raped by criminality and fraudsters at boardroom level, been voted out the league by the pishy we clubs to whom we supply a payday, been further punished by the SPL even though when gretna were in our position they paid salaries for them, and the enemy within even walked out on us.

But none of that matters, because within the next 4-7 years the world will be watching as we lift world record no.55.

How so? I almost stopped reading at that point.

A very good post. Thank You.

I always think bairns can sometimes make a lot more sense than so called adults.

I apologise for the neanderthal who told you to **** ***

That Neanderthal as u say or me in other words is a true blue rangers fan who is sick to death of diddy club fannys coming on here telling us supposed FACTS when they know fuck all , who like the rest know WE ARE NOT A NEW FOOTBALL ENTITY and have nothing to apologise for!!! We haven't been found guilty of one single crime and yet been punished and abused kicked,spat and shat on by these so called spl/sfl/sfa cynics and part time lawyers. Fuck knows how Scotland's got unemployed people all these so called lawmen on the dole surely you can get a job with all that football rules/financial rules knowledge that you as a Falkirk fan obviously has .And as for my original post I stand by it the OP CAN FUCK OFF

FUCK RIGHT OFF BACK TO FALKIRK

Watp no surrender

Having said that.

Yours with sympathy

A Falkirk Bairn

I have many Falkirk supporting friends and you have been done over with denied promotions yourself.

That said, this is not a new club and I would appreciate it if you accept that.

To be brutally honest about the whole issue and how it's been handed, I think we should not be taking lessons from other fans, many of whom confidently use the term "sporting integrity" whilst displaying no integrity and being totally unsporting. Their vacuous yet venomous moralising has actually pressured clubs into voting for a circumstance which will only pressure those very clubs.

I've said it before. An Idicoracy has risen in our country, where sensationalist moral judgements go unanalyzed because they possess some alluring words which people don't grasp.

Do not expect us, after all we have endured and all we have lost, to go reaching out to those very clubs and fans who consciously chose to stab us in the heart. Do you really think we have time to bilding bridges with people who hate us, purely to make some decent rival fans like yourseld feel good. To be fair, you have made a first step, but I, like all of us, have bigger issues to contend with than some vague and unrealistic campaign to introduce cameraderie and a touchy-feely bond with other supports.

Scottish football has irrepairably wounded itself. We have our own scars to heal. Don't expect us to be mopping up the mess of anti-Rangers bile and the damage it has done, for it was not of our making.