A Bairns View

Gus2

I have many Falkirk supporting friends and you have been done over with denied promotions yourself.

That said, this is not a new club and I would appreciate it if you accept that.

To be brutally honest about the whole issue and how it's been handed, I think we should not be taking lessons from other fans, many of whom confidently use the term "sporting integrity" whilst displaying no integrity and being totally unsporting. Their vacuous yet venomous moralising has actually pressured clubs into voting for a circumstance which will only pressure those very clubs.

I've said it before. An Idicoracy has risen in our country, where sensationalist moral judgements go unanalyzed because they possess some alluring words which people don't grasp.

Do not expect us, after all we have endured and all we have lost, to go reaching out to those very clubs and fans who consciously chose to stab us in the heart. Do you really think we have time to bilding bridges with people who hate us, purely to make some decent rival fans like yourseld feel good. To be fair, you have made a first step, but I, like all of us, have bigger issues to contend with than some vague and unrealistic campaign to introduce cameraderie and a touchy-feely bond with other supports.

Scottish football has irrepairably wounded itself. We have our own scars to heal. Don't expect us to be mopping up the mess of anti-Rangers bile and the damage it has done, for it was not of our making.

Brilliantly put cracking post :praise:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to the OP for having the balls to put together a well worded post, however, I wont be looking to make friends with any fans from other teams now or in the future, the day is coming when the Rangers fans will have their revenge on all those petty minded clubs and individuals who have kicked us while we are down and when we rise again it is us that will do the kicking and without mercy.

I say fair play to the op. While his opinion may not be popular, it's still a valid opinion and a different perspective. I am worried for our club. Noone really though our club would be liquidised so anything is possible. We're in a precarious position. I don't agree with everything the OP says, but he certainly doesn't deserve the usual mindless hatred That gets spewed towards everyone who is from another club, or a fellow rangers fan who has a difference of opinion.

I have many Falkirk supporting friends and you have been done over with denied promotions yourself.

That said, this is not a new club and I would appreciate it if you accept that.

To be brutally honest about the whole issue and how it's been handed, I think we should not be taking lessons from other fans, many of whom confidently use the term "sporting integrity" whilst displaying no integrity and being totally unsporting. Their vacuous yet venomous moralising has actually pressured clubs into voting for a circumstance which will only pressure those very clubs.

I've said it before. An Idicoracy has risen in our country, where sensationalist moral judgements go unanalyzed because they possess some alluring words which people don't grasp.

Do not expect us, after all we have endured and all we have lost, to go reaching out to those very clubs and fans who consciously chose to stab us in the heart. Do you really think we have time to bilding bridges with people who hate us, purely to make some decent rival fans like yourseld feel good. To be fair, you have made a first step, but I, like all of us, have bigger issues to contend with than some vague and unrealistic campaign to introduce cameraderie and a touchy-feely bond with other supports.

Scottish football has irrepairably wounded itself. We have our own scars to heal. Don't expect us to be mopping up the mess of anti-Rangers bile and the damage it has done, for it was not of our making.

Well put, Oleg.

Fair play to the OP - a decent post.

Regarding us joining the SFL, I htink you will find that most Rangers fans would prefer this. All this shite about sporting integrity being spouted by other clubs stops when it ocmes to £ notes. It is not Rangers who are lookign to join Division 1, it is the SPL clubs who are crapping themselves at losing the Sky deal.

In terms of your point 4 - I odn't think any bear will aggree with you there. we have sung about no one liking us for a long time as it is true. We are being booted about while we are dwn just now and like a wounded wild animal we will bite back at those who have attacked us. The actions of certian clubs will live long in the memory of this club and our fans.

Some good points from the OP, but how many other clubs fans care about what other fans think about them? probably none, so why should we ?

Fuck the other supporters, they don't like us & that is a fact.

WE WILL BE BACK !!

I agree that we should drop the No-one likes us stuff. It's a bit embarrassing and sometimes if we were more accommodating people would like us and we'd have more outside support now. does anyone really think that the English leagues are looking for that sort of attitude? Public relations are a vital part of sport now, like it or not, and we've got to play our part in it too.

An excellent OP.

I have constructed a similar post before reading this.

The majority of comments on this thread sadden me.

What exactly does We Are The People mean? I have never understood that.

NOLU - I get this, and I understand it. Hell, half the time I feel like this.

Having lived my whole life in Falkirk I can safely say that Falkirk fans are a bunch of fudgepacking wankbags. Oh yeah and just a word for the OP, Fuck Off.

100% true iv'e been living here for roughly about 8 months now and everytime im leaving to go back to glasgow with my rangers top on you should see the abuse i get just walking from the house to the train stations all the people here are backwards.

I'm amazed at the easy ride this so-called 'Falkirk fan' is getting.

He rips into the club, rips into the support, tells us what we should be doing and I'm seeing 'fair comment...decent post' all over the place.

WTF?

Mate he did say we had to build bridges between other clubs fans :wanker: haha i don't get why people are saying fair comment either but each to there own.

If we are a new footballing entity why should we have to be punished for an old footballing entity ? it doesn't make sense and therein lies the issue ,the SFL,SPL want to have their cake and eat it , they need rangers but want us severely punished and threaten our existence it simply doesn't work like that , a lot of the other SPL and SFL members need to get their heads out their arses

The Football Club and the Company are not the same thing.

Its that simple, SPL/SFA rules see the distinction between them. Not only that but they are still trying to punish us for the EBT's and Dual Contract stuff. Why if we were a different Club would we be getting punished?

Its an open and shut case, the only people who try and argue this are taigs and bitter diddy club fans.

You can also look at Leeds, Boro and Charlton as examples of a NewCo and Airdrie, Clydebank and Gretna are examples of a new Club.

Well all I can say is that I think my unwisely spent council tax helped you's out big time, when Falkirk council decided to fund a stadium for you's to play in. Yes I live in the Falkirk area so it is my tax that paid for you to have somewhere to support ur club. Where did the cash go that u's got from morrisons for the old brockville. Lying in one of your directors bank account maybe??

Whats the point in building a bridge when there is nothing at the end of it but empty space,I seem to remember falkirk being shafted by the SFA/SPL while allowing other clubs to progress to the SPL without the proper facilities.

I'm amazed at the easy ride this so-called 'Falkirk fan' is getting.

He rips into the club, rips into the support, tells us what we should be doing and I'm seeing 'fair comment...decent post' all over the place.

WTF?

In fairness, I think he meant well, but did have that incredibly naive air of a politician who believes he has grasped the perfect solution to resolve all ills and that they will all live happily ever after.

An outside view can be refreshing and offer new perspectives and interesting ideas but often, as in this case, it's overly simplistic, misses the main issues and aims at solving irrelevant problems where bigger ones go unaddressed.

Whilst he may well have meant well, and did offer some sympathy, but he comes from the "others feel you haven't been humble enough and should apologise" camp. I find such views naive and worthless, sine they think that a better relationship with other fans is both achievable and of some value. I cannot see any circumstances whereby the majority of rival fans would say, "Wow! You guys have really suffered, I'll pressure my chairman and club to vote you in."

The hate-filled die was cast many decades ago. Being a wee bit nicer and grovelling will not satisfy any vengeful appetite. It would merely whet the desire for further pain as punishment as they revel and mock and mock our suffering. We have bigger issues to focus on than pandering to those who say, "Dance, boy! Dance! Now beg a little more!"

I forgive him his naivete, but I am not distracted by it. We are fighting for our lives, not offering a counselling service for the bitter, obsessed and bigoted.