The players that left

To be expected that some would act as apologists for the damning greed of millionaires departing after being made hugely wealthy on the back of The Rangers support. And make no mistake about that - there's not a penny arrives at The Rangers with out us. TV, sponsors, tickets, merchandising - you name it - it's all in place because fans pay and provide a huge audience.

I don't know anyone who would have objected to them doing a short transfer before moving on. They chose instead to compensate themselves many times over for a salary sacrifice - solely motivated by self interest. The very fact that their opportunistic good fortune directly damages our club just cannot be ignored.

Just listen to their pathetic lies about 'needing to play at the highest levels' before signing for the likes of Norwich and Sion FFS. They wont care what happens to us now of course, but I'm damned if I'm going to bow in gratitude to players robbing the club.

To be fair, compared with the SPL, in terms of standards Norwich and Sion are fucking lightyears ahead. Bottom line as I said in another thread, your anger should be directed at Green if you think the club has been "robbed" because he did absolutely fuck all to keep them other than threaten and antagonise them in the media.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i aware of anything that would stop us paying players between 18-30k a week...are you serious.... :lol:

the support have no reason to criticse them anyway, they did their jobs, very well, and sacraficed their money to keep the club alive for a extra few months when a buyer was found...some of our supporters are ungrateful spoilt weans... (tu)

So in answer to my question you are not aware of anything that would have prevented the club fulfilling their contractual obligations to all of our squad, in the short termoruntilwesold them at least?

Didn't think so

To be fair, compared with the SPL, in terms of standards Norwich and Sion are fucking lightyears ahead. Bottom line as I said in another thread, your anger should be directed at Green if you think the club has been "robbed" because he did absolutely fuck all to keep them other than threaten and antagonise them in the media.

I blame the men responsible for the tragedy that has engulfed us: Murray & Whyte. Aided and abetted by a parcel of rogues I know, but the the wrecking ball taken to The Rangers standing was controlled by those named.

PS: Norwich and Sion may well be decent clubs in better leagues than the SPL (what isn't these days after all) but they represent something more than The Rangers?

Pfft.

So in answer to my question you are not aware of anything that would have prevented the club fulfilling their contractual obligations to all of our squad, in the short termoruntilwesold them at least?

Didn't think so

We were told the club was running at a loss of 1 million pounds a month. With all of our revenue streams cut off how do you think we'd have made up that shortfall? Bomber Brown telling any cunt that will listen to not renew their season ticket and people cancelling their direct debits left right and center.

We were told the club was running at a loss of 1 million pounds a month. With all of our revenue streams cut off how do you think we'd have made up that shortfall? Bomber Brown telling any cunt that will listen to not renew their season ticket and people cancelling their direct debits left right and center.

The million pounds a month shortfall was related to the last 3 months of the season, when there is next to no money coming in. Presumably now, there are some season ticket sales, plus sponsorship money available, the remainder would be covered by the new investors.

I don't have any doubt that short term funding would be available against future sales if any of these players had wanted to stay.

In fact, we could have sold them by now.

I blame the men responsible for the tragedy that has engulfed us: Murray & Whyte. Aided and abetted by a parcel of rogues I know, but the the wrecking ball taken to The Rangers standing was controlled by those named.

PS: Norwich and Sion may well be decent clubs in better leagues than the SPL (what isn't these days after all) but they represent something more than The Rangers?

Pfft.

The point I'm trying to make is do you know that at any point in this saga did Green go to the players cap in hand and say "look lads it would really help if you transfered to the newco, we'll expediate any transfer dealings and get the best deal for you and the club and you can walk away hero's" and the players callously rejecting it in favour of jumping ship? From the sounds of things the players have not been treated all the well by Green and are well within their rights to do the best for their interests.

All I heard, from Green, was "we've transfered the players contracts, its legally binding and if they try to leave we'll take them to court". Not surprised they fucked off.

There's no room for nonsense with the facts of the matter. Emotive or otherwise.

They could have transferred, allowed for the contracted, massively reduced fee and still been able to compensate themselves for their 'salary sacrifice' many times over. A win win outcome for all concerned - at least as much as this sorry mess would provide for a win.

They have robbed the club with the sole intention of lining their already bulging pockets.

You keep on tugging your forelock to them - I see their actions very differently.

Tugging my forelock, another shortcut to thinking.

If anything the whyte administration robbed them of 75% of their wages, they robbed nothing, they over achieved if anything.

Anyway I am off to tug my forelock, I just can't compete with the outrage and indignation from guys like you....fuck all that rational thought stuff there's a lynching to be carried out...... :sherlock:

Didn't think so

I believe my answer was along the lines of...are you serious, then I laughed at you....

P.s. I like the way you have mysteriously added a caveat to your original point in an attempt to make it nearly make sense.... :lol:

There`s not enough money in the world for me to walk out on Rangers,it`s my club,it was my late fathers club,and my grandfather`s club.I remember sitting on my da`s shoulders at George Young`s last game.I had the priviledge of following the Ritchie,Shearer,Caldow team.Jim Baxter was the finest player I have ever seen.At Ibrox for Colin Stein`s debut,idolised big Jock,saw big DJ outjump McNeil in the League Cup Final,went to Barcelona.Nearly wet myself when Souness came.I`m just proud to be a Rangers man and am devastated at how low our great club has been laid,by spivs who should never been near the institution that is Glasgow Rangers.

I understand what you are saying, and I would do the same if possible.

However in this day and age, you have to take the bigger picture into consideration.

Allan McGregor for example, signed a new 5 year contract at £25k per week last year. Just about the same time it was in the paper that he had bought a new house for something like £1 million. Now, he only does this because he has a contract guaranteeing him £25k per week for the next 5 years, and he can afford his million pound house. Tell him that you are cutting his wages from £25k to £5k per week, he simply cannot afford to do so. He wouldn't be able to afford his house, and god knows what else, because his wage is being reduced to ONE FIFTH of what he should be earning.

How could you expect anyone to accept that?

I earn £500 per week and I live within that budget, as do the players albeit their budgets are numerous times higher. Cut my wages from £500 to £100 and I'll be sleeping in the street before the month's finished.

Rangers are our club, but we have to make a living first and foremost, that's just life.

Anyway, we established earlier in the thread that it was not to do with wage cuts, just clearing that up though that money DOES matter.

I understand what you are saying, and I would do the same if possible.

However in this day and age, you have to take the bigger picture into consideration.

Allan McGregor for example, signed a new 5 year contract at £25k per week last year. Just about the same time it was in the paper that he had bought a new house for something like £1 million. Now, he only does this because he has a contract guaranteeing him £25k per week for the next 5 years, and he can afford his million pound house. Tell him that you are cutting his wages from £25k to £5k per week, he simply cannot afford to do so. He wouldn't be able to afford his house, and god knows what else, because his wage is being reduced to ONE FIFTH of what he should be earning.

I earn £500 per week and I live within that budget, as do the players albeit their budgets are numerous times higher. Cut my wages from £500 to £100 and I'll be sleeping in the street before the month's finished.

Rangers are our club, but we have to make a living first and foremost, that's just life.

Anyway, we established earlier in the thread that it was not to do with wage cuts, just clearing that up though that money DOES matter.

None of that matters, there rich and the working class heroes don't like rich footballers....when it suits them.....

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but are you suggesting that this would ever be the case?

If McGregor, to use your example, accepted the transfer of his contract to the newco, he would earn £25K per-week. We couldn't maintain that and he wouldn't want to or be expected to play First Division football, so then arrives the whole point of the built-in release clauses that the players and their agents requested when taking a wage cut. Circumstances absolutely and utterly identical to the one we find ourselves in are why the clauses were implemented into the players' contracts.

Instead of exercising the clauses that THEY requested, they have chosen to deny the club a much needed financial boost and walked-out on us.

Whittaker's coming out with shite about the newco being a completely different club, Naismith spent the press conference nervously swerving questions with irrelevant shite and now, Fleck has claimed to have been lied to in the same breath as stating that he's not spoken to anyone at the club. They're idiots. Thick men who do not have the brains to cover-up what they're doing.

Tugging my forelock, another shortcut to thinking.

If anything the whyte administration robbed them of 75% of their wages, they robbed nothing, they over achieved if anything.

Anyway I am off to tug my forelock, I just can't compete with the outrage and indignation from guys like you....fuck all that rational thought stuff there's a lynching to be carried out...... :sherlock:

And your apologetics are offered as 'rational thought'?

:lol:

Their only 'over achievement' has been the fabulously lucrative multiples of their 'salary sacrifices' they will now pocket in signing on fees. A 'sacrifice' they assured us was balanced by the compromise of a low transfer fee they demanded be written into their contracts.

Until push came to shove and they realised they could grab the lot for themselves and are intent on doing exactly that.

I have no idea if Green & Co can successfully challenge their acts of greed as yet - I hope they are left in limbo whilst still contracted to The Rangers.

I believe my answer was along the lines of...are you serious, then I laughed at you....

P.s. I like the way you have mysteriously added a caveat to your original point in an attempt to make it nearly make sense.... :lol:

No caveat added. Given the negotiated release clauses it was always likely that we would lose a good number of players. The understanding was that we'd at least get a fee. You still haven't explained why you cannot accept that the club could not pay the players.

I can't understand why anyone would not be at least a little pissed off at the players for leaving on frees when they negotiated the release clauses in the first place and, most importantly in the specific case of Naismith, we had actually been offered a transfer fee for him form West Brom.

Are you seriously telling me that you are happy to see him go for nothing when we could have had a couple of million poor him?

I'm amazed at the abuse the 'traitors' and 'deserters' are getting on here. Does everyone think that they all just thought, 'fuck division 1, I'm off!'

There maybe one or two who just wanted out, but not them all.

The high earners and Rangers men - McGregor, Lafferty, Davis, Naismith, does everyone really think that they just refused to have their contracts transferred to the newco?

IMO it's blatantly obvious that Green has told the high earners (£20k - £25k per week) that they will be going down to ridiculously low wages, say £5k per week at a guess, or they can fuck off.

Shoot me down if you want, but think about it - something isn't right, those players wouldn't just fuck off for nothing!

When the first two left, Naismith and Whittaker, I was giving them the traitor abuse aswell, but now to see the list of who has left, which includes every single high earner, something's not fucking right!

Another complete mis understanding of the arrangement negotiated by the players. The agreement was for a wage deferment and not a wage sacrifice so they would have suffered no loss at all

My fucking arse! Did you just make that up there? It was WAGE CUTS!

No it was a defermentand given your understanding of TUPE and contract law I'm not going to bother getting into a debate about this

No it was a defermentand given your understanding of TUPE and contract law I'm not going to bother getting into a debate about this

I know fuckall about TUPE, don't even know what it stands for if I'm being honest, but the players took wage CUTS, it was clearly reported that wage deferments would not be happening, you're just talking absolute shite.

And your apologetics are offered as 'rational thought'?

:lol:

Their only 'over achievement' has been the fabulously lucrative multiples of their 'salary sacrifices' they will now pocket in signing on fees. A 'sacrifice' they assured us was balanced by the compromise of a low transfer fee they demanded be written into their contracts.

Until push came to shove and they realised they could grab the lot for themselves and are intent on doing exactly that.

I have no idea if Green & Co can successfully challenge their acts of greed as yet - I hope they are left in limbo whilst still contracted to The Rangers.

Getting to a European final isn't an over achievement ?

3 in Row isn't an over achievement in those circumstances ?

Cup final wins ith 9 men....I could go on but I don't want your blood pressure to go any higher than it already is at the thought of people earning money....the swines....

You know what pisses me off the most. The ones who come out with the line "WE HEARD NOTHING FROM GREEN".

Seriously, are these idiots too stupid to realise that communication works both ways? When the season ended, with their future employment at stake (let alone the very existence of the club), did these players hang around and perhaps go to Ibrox to speak to Green/D&P to find out what was happening? No, they fucked off to lie on a beach and get pished for a fortnight! Oh, wait no, they would have left all that to their agents! :rolleyes:

You know what pisses me off the most. The ones who come out with the line "WE HEARD NOTHING FROM GREEN".

Seriously, are these idiots too stupid to realise that communication works both ways? When the season ended, with their future employment at stake (let alone the very existence of the club), did these players hang around and perhaps go to Ibrox to speak to Green/D&P to find out what was happening? No, they fucked off to lie on a beach and get pished for a fortnight! Oh, wait no, they would have left all that to their agents! :rolleyes:

Right so Green can get say maybe 3 million for shagger yeah? 2-3 million for Davis, maybe 500k-1mil for whittaker. So can cover the cost of his group buying the club by selling these players...So who do you think should be picking up the phone to whom?

No caveat added. Given the negotiated release clauses it was always likely that we would lose a good number of players. The understanding was that we'd at least get a fee. You still haven't explained why you cannot accept that the club could not pay the players.

I can't understand why anyone would not be at least a little pissed off at the players for leaving on frees when they negotiated the release clauses in the first place and, most importantly in the specific case of Naismith, we had actually been offered a transfer fee for him form West Brom.

Are you seriously telling me that you are happy to see him go for nothing when we could have had a couple of million poor him?

I blame craig whyte not the players.

The players have made there sacrifice to ask them to make a further sacrifice for the duration of their next contract is absurd and beyond naive.

As for your first point read it back.....

He better tell every news outlet in the world of this scoop they all reported it wrong

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rangers+players+agree+to+75%25&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

His username is 'Whyte'. Must be something to do with folk with the name 'Whyte', they just talk non-stop bullshit doh

PS - Sorry if your name's Whyte and I've offended you :peanut: