Audi withdraw sponsorship/cars

And the players aren't the only cunts without cars. :angry:

I don't wish to recall the heady days of jackets for goalposts, etc, but non-Glasgow-based guys like Millar, Brand, Baxter, Greig etc, all travelled to and from their home towns by train or bus into Glasgow every fucking day for training at the Albion and then repeated that journey on the way home.

Others who lived in Glasgow took the bus or subway - some (wee Doddie) walked.

My heart doesn't bleed for those not getting a sponsored car.

Maybe it will bring the reality of the rest of us home to some of them.

You would be hard pushed to find a player who would walk or catch a train to training these days, CB :anguish: Maybe we could get a new sponsorship deal done by Raleigh Bicycles and get our players to pedal to work....that would get them nicely warmed up for a training session at Auchenhowie :pipe:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players on wages of 1000s of pounds a week and being handed a free car, sponsors get advertising on the side of the pitch, in the programs and a corporate box, they should all be given electric vehicles as its about time they had a Green policy at Ibrox :rolleyes:

Car deals are renewed every 3 months, I am led to believe lomond have been taken over and have not renewed with Rangers. I am also led to believe Taggarts are the new suppliers ! :sherlock:

i can personally guarantee that Lomond havent been taken over (tu)

Couldnt give a flying fuck.

rebuilding means rebuilding.

we cant go to division 3 and still expect to be sponsored by Audi, Tennants & Co.

that would be the kid of delusion the SPL clubs are having thinking Sky & their sponsors will stay.

A statement from Lomond Audi reads: "Rangers FC have been very open and transparent regarding their current situation. Our intention is to continue to support the club through this difficult period in their history."

Shame if they have gone back on this promise....

I would expect sponsors to be unwilling to carry on at the previous levels when there will be a lower level of exposure through TV, etc, as a result of playing in lower leagues.

Just need to find a new deal, that's all.

Agreed, this just seems to be a little premature though. I guess if the contract really did run out at the end of June, then they are just anticipating the vote on Wednesday.

Could also simply be that they are just replacing the cars, which happens regularly. After all, there has been no official statement as yet from either the sponsor or the club.

You will notice that most of our players don't even drive these cars but ones they have bought themselves. You will also be glad to know that most of the players got their yearly increase in their pay packet as well this month.

The Lomond Audi dealership had an agreement to supply cars for stars such has Steven Naismith and Kirk Broadfoot.

And they want their cars back? Must be proper Rangers fans then!! It can't be too surprising.

It's an overblown story; and a trivial detail in the current circumstances.

I work in the Motor Trade and at the moment a lot of dealerships, large car groups and manafacturers are cutting costs

our present situation is an easy out road for Lomond Audi.Once this is all done and dusted the reduced exposure through

drop in advertising will see them pull the deal on the Earls very shortly as well.

P.S Car sponsorship is the least of our worries.

Dont baffle people with factual posts - people like Ray are desperate to blame it on Green so dont upset him with facts.

It a non story.

wasn't so long ago it was Honda who supplied club cars.

These car sponsorships come and go from different manufacturers all the time typical paper sensationalism. I'm sure in few weeks it will be some other dealer.

Name one.

Okay. Lookers, the English based PLC motor group, are in advanced negotiations to buy Lomond Audi Group. Due diligence is complete and as such Lomond Audi are not allowed to sign any new contracts that could materially affect the value of the company. Whilst the deal hasn't been signed yet Lomond have informed staff of it and it will almost certainly go through in the coming weeks.

This story is bullshit, the deal expired, the new owners might want to renew, they might not, until they are either in place or pull out of the purchase nothing can happen.