If we go Division 3.... do you think supporters will ditch the club?

I have read in different articles and posts that there is a strong belief that a large number of our supporters will ditch the club if we go Division three.

I was hoping to get some feedback on whether or not you all believe this to be the case...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every club has glory hunters and we are no exception to that, example would be the UEFA final, look how many went yet we don't sell out the season tickets, there is always that element which we would lose.

If we went to Div3 and managed to half fill Ibrox I would be content with that and of course anything more would be fantastic.

Crowds will be down regardless of what league we play in.

I imagine many will not renew season tickets if we start next season in division 3.

From my own point of view, I will *only* renew my season ticket if we *do* start next season in division 3.

I was there during the dark Days of the pre - Souness regime. I know what like it is. Some will leave, I always have kept sense of pride that i did turn up for the games then, though i was a teenager. I will not be giving up on my team ever.

Crowds will be down regardless of what league we play in.

I imagine many will not renew season tickets if we start next season in division 3.

From my own point of view, I will *only* renew my season ticket if we *do* start next season in division 3.

So if we get voted into SFL1 you won't be renewing?

We will retain if not consolidate the base. However, on no account should our fans visit any away grounds because this will also impact on the SFA and reinforce the message and further diminish the attractiveness of inward investment in Scots football.

I think we will lose some gloryhunters but won't lose a large number of our supporters.

Bullshit

I was a season ticket holder during the early 80s and it was scary the number of supporters that were posted missing. I recall watching us playing St Mirren and I sware there couldn't have been more than 5000 at the ground. That was in the Premier League, I really am fearful for us in the lower leagues. I'm hoping that the kicking we are currently getting manages to incentivise supporters enough to keep attending despite the league we are in or level we are playing.

Oh and those fuck nuggets cancelling season tickets to make some sort of grand gesture, go do one.

I would think the glory hunter brigade would definitely be the first but there's plenty loyal fans in our support. Plus there would be others who don't buy season tickets because of finances but would buy them in the 3rd. Maybe a new generation of bears out there that'll come when they can afford it easier.

Yup, some glory hunters will desert us. In fact, I'll imagine that some even ran away when we went into Admin. I know of a few people over the years who have flitted between us and the manky mob depending on the colours of the ribbons on the League trophy.

Absolutely disgusting