What is your view on Ian Black as a player?

217 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Ian Black is a good player?

Put to one side his tackle on Jelavic for one moment and base this solely on his playing ability. I honestly believe that Ian Black is a good SPL centre mid, he can pass a ball, got a good bit of dig in the midfield and not afraid to hit a ball (as he showed us near the end of the season, unfortunately).

Yes, he might not be the nicest person in the world, and through in a few rough challenges but in the end, this is the playing side of him we're requiring him in. So yeah, solely based on his footballing abilities, what's your opinion on him?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you consider our position, you absolutely have to take him.

When we played Hearts against him i was always hoping he got subbed or sent off because he was the player who drove the 10 others on and got them going.

Yes, I hate him, but we've been missing a guy like him in the middle for a while. If he can keep a level head it could be a masterstroke by McCoist.

I do not like him but in a playing sense he has looked far more in control of the midfield area, when he has played against us in recent times, than our midfield players. His strength is his movement,closing down and passing ability, he does not have the forward drive in his locker which would make him a rounded midfield asset.

Put to one side his tackle on Jelavic for one moment and base this solely on his playing ability. I honestly believe that Ian Black is a good SPL centre mid, he can pass a ball, got a good bit of dig in the midfield and not afraid to hit a ball (as he showed us near the end of the season, unfortunately).

Yes, he might not be the nicest person in the world, and through in a few rough challenges but in the end, this is the playing side of him we're requiring him in. So yeah, solely based on his footballing abilities, what's your opinion on him?

I odn't think you can assess him as a player without taking into acocunt the challenges he put in on Jelavic and many others during his career.

His lack of achievement in the game is down to his piss poor discipline record and I think he would be a liability for us.

I know the standard of player is goign to decrease but I consider him to be at the bottom of the barrel

No he didnt dunny, he kissed his badge.

I must have been seeing things then, and everyone around about me talking about it, must have also be seeing things !! He Did.

Not that game at end of season, one at start of season at Tynecastle, went straight aff the park stood at dugout, and blessed himself, all our guys were debating if he was a tim as well, as shouting at the dick.