Realistically, How long until we get back to playing top tier football

bearsrus

Ok, being a realist, i'm wondering the view on how long the rebuilding job is likeley to take, 5, 10, 15, 20 years??

Our income stream for the foreseeable future is going to be strangled, not only in terms of gate receipts but in TV money and sponsorship deals,

i personally think we're looking at a long haul before we get back to being anywhere near the club we used to be in terms of footballing prowess, as we will struggle to get any kind of half decent signings to allow us to compete at a higher level than SFL,

has the baw burst for us, so to speak, or can we sustain those years of lower league and lower quality football,

thoughts..

Ok, being a realist, i'm wondering the view on how long the rebuilding job is likeley to take, 5, 10, 15, 20 years??

Our income stream for the foreseeable future is going to be strangled, not only in terms of gate receipts but in TV money and sponsorship deals,

i personally think we're looking at a long haul before we get back to being anywhere near the club we used to be in terms of footballing prowess, as we will struggle to get any kind of half decent signings to allow us to compete at a higher level than SFL,

has the baw burst for us, so to speak, or can we sustain those years of lower league and lower quality football,

thoughts..

]If we get into Div 3 - 5 years maximum - our outlays will be be minimal in wages and we will be able to rebuild the finances at a time that others are struggling - most others will rely on youth so we should be in pole position to win every league all the way up to the SPL - Div 1 this year might be more difficult - whatever it is we need to get on with it and stop all this bickering , Green is the owner for now and we need to get behind that.

3 years max if we are in the 3rd tier. There will be no 5, 10 year waiting rubbish. That is more scaremongering pish. We have all the ingredients to make the very best team and club in the country which we will be again, shortly. (tu)

How is it 'scaremongering'??

it was a genuine question, imo i see it being a 10 year job with the income stream we will have.

How is it 'scaremongering'??

it was a genuine question, imo i see it being a 10 year job with the income stream we will have.

You are asking if it will take the biggest club in the country decades to get back to an already mediocre SPL. It is a ridiculous question.

:lol: Our income dwarfs every club in the country bar one. It will be successive promotions with a few domestic cups thrown in to piss off the haters.

(tu)

If its 3rd division I think you are looking at 6/7 years before we are challenging for the title again.

If its the 1st I see no reason why assuming we got promoted at the first attempt, we wouldn't be able to mount a decent challenge the following year!

Although the Tims are gonna get a few tainted trophies over the next x years. The longer we are away the poorer their squad will become and if we can unearth a few gems along the way the gap may not be to big!

You are asking if it will take the biggest club in the country decades to get back to an already mediocre SPL. It is a ridiculous question.

:lol:Our income dwarfs every club in the country bar one. It will be successive promotions with a few domestic cups thrown in to piss off the haters.

(tu)

not any more it doesent (tu)

I said 5 as if its div 3 then we need succesive promotions. Consolidate 4th year then then top of the tree year 5. It may only take 4 who knows?? Depends on a number of things. Will green be agressive in giving ally everything to gain promotions at 1st attempt? Will we even be voted in to the s.f.l? Nothing that happens anymore should come as shock. S.f.l could accept us then s.f.a block membership as we're still at loggerheads over invalid sanctions. The shambles that is s.f.a havent done with us yet