Gazza wants to play again

Potdog

RANGERS legend Paul Gascoigne yesterday insisted there’s “never been a better time” to play for the Ibrox side as he made a bizarre pledge to join the skint club next season.

comment on this story 13 comments

Follow The Scottish Sun on Twitter Follow The Scottish Sun on Facebook

The 45-year-old star vowed to help old pal Ally McCoist by pulling on his boots again days after the fallen giants were dumped out the top flight.

Gazza, who helped Rangers clinch their famous nine league titles in a row, made his pledge as controversial lawyer Giovanni Di Stefano revealed he wants to buy the old Rangers and exploit a loophole that he claims would allow them to play in England.

Gazza, who quit Ibrox in 1998, said: “I’ll play for Rangers next season. I will be there next season supporting Coisty and his team.

Paul Gascoigne

Football legend ... Gazza

“And I’ll you this — if I can get my hip sorted I’ll make myself available for a few games in the Third Division if Coisty needs me. There is no better time to play for Rangers than right now.

“I can honestly say that if I had just played in a tournament like the European Championship finals and I had the chance to sign for Real Madrid, Barcelona or Rangers I would choose Rangers because of Coisty and the fans.”

Ally McCoist cannot hide his joy upon returning to Rangers, the club he supported and his goals for whom brought him adulation and a smacker from Paul Gascoigne

Taking the kiss ... celebrating with McCoist

Scottish News and Sport

Gazza, in his Rangers heyday, cost £4.3million when he joined them from Italian outfit Lazio in July 1995.

He helped them lift the Scottish Cup and League Cup as well as two league titles, and enjoyed three forays into the Champions Legue.

The legend, who played with McCoist added yesterday: “I had the best time of my life at Rangers. I lived next door to Coisty for four years and I know he is Rangers through and through.

Ally McCoist

Serious business ... Ally

“It wouldn’t matter if the club was in the Sunday league — he would still manage them for nothing. I am convinced he will make the club great again.”

Meanwhile former Dundee director Di Stefano has written to administrators Duff and Phelps revealing he is interested in snapping up the old Rangers before the company is wound up.

The 55-year-old lawman — dubbed the Devil’s Advocate after representing Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and Moors Murderer Ian Brady — wants to revive the club’s fortunes.

And he claims his bid will be bankrolled by a string of wealthy oil sheikhs — if the Ibrox side are allowed to play in England.

The old Rangers is currently in administration and will be liquidated shortly. Charles Green transferred the assets to his newco Gers after buying the club for £5.5million.

Di Stefano wrote: “I’m aware the assets of the company were sold to Charles Green, but I have spoken with the registrar at Companies House that confirms The Rangers Football Club Plc is a company still ‘only in administration’ and is capable of acquisition, transfer and/or assignment.

Gazza and McCoist celebrate after Rangers won the League Cup

Team mates ... close pals Gascoigne and McCoist after winning League Cup in 1996

STEVE WELSH.

“I would be obliged if you would confirm your understanding of the situation. My advisors clearly confirm the company is still capable of being sold as a corporate shell including, but not definitely inheriting, the liabilities that Charles Green did not assume in his agreement with you when assets were sold.

“That however, would be my problem and argument with HMRC once I owned the said company.”

The Italian claims Gers have a right to play in English football due to an agreement dating back to the 1880s.

Paul Gascoigne celebrates after giving Rangers a 2-1 lead

Hero ... emotional Gazza during Rangers days

Scottish News Group

In a three-page letter to the FA’s chairman David Bernstein, Di Stefano insisted that the old Rangers could still enter the English divisions.

Giovanni di Stefano

Plans ... Giovanni

David Martin / Fotopress.

He told him: “There is an interested party in the Middle East who may acquire the shares of Rangers and accept all the contingent liabilities if the club is entitled to play in the English league. Having researched the rules of the period and Articles of Association of both the FA and Rangers FC, I find nothing which would sustain anything other than Rangers inheriting the right to play in the English league.

“I could find nothing that suggested Rangers lost their right or were expelled from the FA after their incorporation in 1899.”

Earlier this year, Di Stefano urged the ruler of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, 59, to purchase the crisis-hit club.

Last night sports law expert Dr Gregory Ioannidis, of Buckingham University, said: “Although in theory any club could apply for FA membership, it would have to be according to the limitations of procedural requirements and the rules currently in place. It is also a matter to be decided by the relevant league. In theory RFC could apply for membership but it would have to be from the bottom.” Duff and Phelps refused to comment.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4420369/In-your-dreams-team.html

If in the third divison would rather ally pulled his boots on considering that header in the legends game :uk:

:rolleyes:

He could be an impact sub

It's shocking that i would actually like to see this purely just down to seeing him play haha only if it was third divison though i am pretty sure i could do a job in the third divison so why not gazza :P

Have any of you actually seen Gazza lately?

If you had, you would know he looks like he barely has the power to walk/talk, nevermind play football.

In my opinion these types of stories are the worst example of moralless profitering journalists taking advantage of vulnerable people to bolster the profit margains on their publication.

Have any of you actually seen Gazza lately?

If you had, you would know he looks like he barely has the power to walk/talk, nevermind play football.

In my opinion these types of stories are the worst example of moralless profitering journalists taking advantage of vulnerable people to bolster the profit margains on their publication.

Well said, have a rep.

It's time they just left Gazza alone.

He's clearly fallen off the wagon again and the guy has serious life threatening issues.

Constantly holding him up for public scrutiny is the action of a despicable press in this country.

I really hope he doesn't end up getting kicked around like the club just because of his past associations with us.

It's time they just left Gazza alone.

He's clearly fallen off the wagon again and the guy has serious life threatening issues.

Constantly holding him up for public scrutiny is the action of a despicable press in this country.

I really hope he doesn't end up getting kicked around like the club just because of his past associations with us.

Couldn't agree more mate.

No. 7: Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani

Qatar

Net worth: $2 billion

Became ruler after deposing his father in a bloodless coup in 1995. Sheikh Hamad spearheaded the development of Qatar's vast oil and natural gas reserves. He is currently making money from LNG commissions, with contracts with Korea, Belgium and Taiwan. The country now has the highest per-capita income in the world. A graduate of Britain's Sandhurst Military Academy, Sheikh Hamad also oversaw the modernization of Qatar's armed forces. Provided key start-up capital for Al Jazeera and its English sister station.

7th richest royal in the world this guy lol we can only dream :rolleyes:

The people who are supposed to look after Gazza would have been contacted to arranged the interview.

The sad journalists and his supposed friends are both to blame and all for a bit of cash I suspect.

Gazza is a sorry state and I hope he gets the help he needs.

I often wondered how his "friends" Chris Evans and Danny Baker suddenly disappeared when he started to go downhill.

Some friendship. :disappointment:

The media want to think hard about their behaviour here.

This poor guy is going to be a suicide case if he doesn't get proper support.

If he does meet a tragic end, they'll all be full of their sympathetic shit, when in fact they're partially responsible for his current predicament.

By all means they can kick us when we're down, we will come back stronger, this poor guy won't.

I wish Gazza all the best for a healthy recovery, and hope the media leave the poor guy alone.

Kind words from Paul who took away more than medals from his time at Ibrox.

It's a shame the media entertained the return stuff though as they know fine well Gazza is not a well man and at 45 even if he was healthy he would not be able to play at a decent level due to the age.

The man cares about the club that much is clear and wants to help his good mate Ally, he probably could find nothing else but this rambling about playing again. Just come and support us Paul, we will cheer on The Rangers to greater things together.

RANGERS legend Paul Gascoigne yesterday insisted there’s “never been a better time” to play for the Ibrox side as he made a bizarre pledge to join the skint club next season.

comment on this story 13 comments

Follow The Scottish Sun on Twitter Follow The Scottish Sun on Facebook

The 45-year-old star vowed to help old pal Ally McCoist by pulling on his boots again days after the fallen giants were dumped out the top flight.

Gazza, who helped Rangers clinch their famous nine league titles in a row, made his pledge as controversial lawyer Giovanni Di Stefano revealed he wants to buy the old Rangers and exploit a loophole that he claims would allow them to play in England.

Gazza, who quit Ibrox in 1998, said: “I’ll play for Rangers next season. I will be there next season supporting Coisty and his team.

Paul Gascoigne

Football legend ... Gazza

“And I’ll you this — if I can get my hip sorted I’ll make myself available for a few games in the Third Division if Coisty needs me. There is no better time to play for Rangers than right now.

“I can honestly say that if I had just played in a tournament like the European Championship finals and I had the chance to sign for Real Madrid, Barcelona or Rangers I would choose Rangers because of Coisty and the fans.”

Ally McCoist cannot hide his joy upon returning to Rangers, the club he supported and his goals for whom brought him adulation and a smacker from Paul Gascoigne

Taking the kiss ... celebrating with McCoist

Scottish News and Sport

Gazza, in his Rangers heyday, cost £4.3million when he joined them from Italian outfit Lazio in July 1995.

He helped them lift the Scottish Cup and League Cup as well as two league titles, and enjoyed three forays into the Champions Legue.

The legend, who played with McCoist added yesterday: “I had the best time of my life at Rangers. I lived next door to Coisty for four years and I know he is Rangers through and through.

Ally McCoist

Serious business ... Ally

“It wouldn’t matter if the club was in the Sunday league — he would still manage them for nothing. I am convinced he will make the club great again.”

Meanwhile former Dundee director Di Stefano has written to administrators Duff and Phelps revealing he is interested in snapping up the old Rangers before the company is wound up.

The 55-year-old lawman — dubbed the Devil’s Advocate after representing Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and Moors Murderer Ian Brady — wants to revive the club’s fortunes.

And he claims his bid will be bankrolled by a string of wealthy oil sheikhs — if the Ibrox side are allowed to play in England.

The old Rangers is currently in administration and will be liquidated shortly. Charles Green transferred the assets to his newco Gers after buying the club for £5.5million.

Di Stefano wrote: “I’m aware the assets of the company were sold to Charles Green, but I have spoken with the registrar at Companies House that confirms The Rangers Football Club Plc is a company still ‘only in administration’ and is capable of acquisition, transfer and/or assignment.

Gazza and McCoist celebrate after Rangers won the League Cup

Team mates ... close pals Gascoigne and McCoist after winning League Cup in 1996

STEVE WELSH.

“I would be obliged if you would confirm your understanding of the situation. My advisors clearly confirm the company is still capable of being sold as a corporate shell including, but not definitely inheriting, the liabilities that Charles Green did not assume in his agreement with you when assets were sold.

“That however, would be my problem and argument with HMRC once I owned the said company.”

The Italian claims Gers have a right to play in English football due to an agreement dating back to the 1880s.

Paul Gascoigne celebrates after giving Rangers a 2-1 lead

Hero ... emotional Gazza during Rangers days

Scottish News Group

In a three-page letter to the FA’s chairman David Bernstein, Di Stefano insisted that the old Rangers could still enter the English divisions.

Giovanni di Stefano

Plans ... Giovanni

David Martin / Fotopress.

He told him: “There is an interested party in the Middle East who may acquire the shares of Rangers and accept all the contingent liabilities if the club is entitled to play in the English league. Having researched the rules of the period and Articles of Association of both the FA and Rangers FC, I find nothing which would sustain anything other than Rangers inheriting the right to play in the English league.

“I could find nothing that suggested Rangers lost their right or were expelled from the FA after their incorporation in 1899.”

Earlier this year, Di Stefano urged the ruler of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, 59, to purchase the crisis-hit club.

Last night sports law expert Dr Gregory Ioannidis, of Buckingham University, said: “Although in theory any club could apply for FA membership, it would have to be according to the limitations of procedural requirements and the rules currently in place. It is also a matter to be decided by the relevant league. In theory RFC could apply for membership but it would have to be from the bottom.” Duff and Phelps refused to comment.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4420369/In-your-dreams-team.html

If in the third divison would rather ally pulled his boots on considering that header in the legends game :uk:

:rolleyes:

I am thinking Gazza is on the same stuff he was when he went to help Raul Moat !!!