Big Jig , journeyman to gers god

hammer93

Good of him to stay but hardly a GERS LEGEND.

When this is done and dusted and things are back to normal hardly anyone will remember him.

If he's not having to take a pay cut then why would he leave?

He's 34 years old for fuck sake.

Yes, he could play in the SPL for another club on less wages or like a few others have pointed out, uproot his family and move to League 1 or lower championship for the same cash but what's the point?

From a PR perspective what he is doing for the club is great though. But 'LEGEND' and 'GOD' is laughable.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Class Act is still being too kind. Good guy, rotten footballer who made the logical decision. Deserves little praise or credit for making the only decision open to him. If I am honest I feel he has robbed a wage from us for over 4 years, but that is a different matter.

What kind of Rangers fan are you? HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELF..cmon

He was the only cunt chipping in with regular goals at the end of last season, one of the only ones playing for the shirt. And he's the only one who said from the start of this shit that he was staying regardless of where we played. Ally isn't the greatest manager in the world, shall we fuck him off as well cos he's not pep guardiola? Being a ranger is more than technical ability. You utter cunt, fuck off to man city. Wanker.

Being a ranger requires a certain level of technical ability that he does not have. Your language is unacceptable and makes you look rather foolish. If you cannot have a rational debate then please do not respond to my comments.

Class Act is still being too kind. Good guy, rotten footballer who made the logical decision. Deserves little praise or credit for making the only decision open to him. If I am honest I feel he has robbed a wage from us for over 4 years, but that is a different matter.

You are either a tarrier or a tadger, aren't you?

Agreed

Wow, that makes me cringe. Legends for remaining loyal to a well paid contract? That is pathetic. To be a legend you must be good on the pitch, and from the 13 that are left, very few if any will ever be granted legend status, simply because they are average players.

Being a ranger requires a certain level of technical ability that he does not have. Your language is unacceptable and makes you look rather foolish. If you cannot have a rational debate then please do not respond to my comments.

Many apologies dear sir, I did believe I was conversing on a forum of football and not question time. If I appear foolish it is to my eternal shame. You're still a bellend though.

Rangers 'god' is a wee bit cringeworthy, but he'll always be remembered for his commitment and sacrifice.

A stick on for captain next season surely.

Agreed.

He was quite a scapegoat on here last season and the season before.

its difficult to be optimistic mate when people are labelling Big lee a 'Rangers God'.

Im struggling to take you serious with a name like tie break should you not be making

comments on wimbledon rather than the gers?In my post not at any point did i say we had

signed leenel messi but an honest 100% player.The big man gets my god status because he

would sacrafice his wage to help the club i love no matter what league we end up in. :angry::angry:

Many apologies dear sir, I did believe I was conversing on a forum of football and not question time. If I appear foolish it is to my eternal shame. You're still a bellend though.

Apology accepted. From now on I will agree with everything you say, discussion and debate appear too challenging for you.

Im struggling to take you serious with a name like tie break should you not be making

comments on wimbledon rather than the gers?In my post not at any point did i say we had

signed leenel messi but an honest 100% player.The big man gets my god status because he

would sacrafice his wage to help the club i love no matter what league we end up in. :angry::angry:

I do not deny him praise, but he is no 'rangers god' under any circumstances. I cannot understand why he would be held in such high esteem. Each to their own though.

Brilliant in the air, good physical presence, cracking dig from outside the box, good range on him when it comes to switching the ball. Only bad thing I can say about him is him n Edu in the same midfield don't work well.

Hitting out with statements like he's been stealing a living from us? Away n chase yourself.

He plays centre half, he plays central mid, big Lee McCulloch could play for Madrid :uk:

Im not, he is a dreadful footballer. That is the reality. What does he actually do apart from foul? Take sentiment out the equation and I cannot see why anybody would want him at Rangers.

Big Jig isnt Andreas Iniesta but as a target man he bagged a few goals in SPL last season and he will be a great CF in the lower leagues. Being a hero isnt just about being as skillfull as Messi or as clinical as Van Persie, Lee is everything a true Ranger should be and the man that he is bleeds Royal Blue. That means more to me then football skill.

Big Jig isnt Andreas Iniesta but as a target man he bagged a few goals in SPL last season and he will be a great CF in the lower leagues. Being a hero isnt just about being as skillfull as Messi or as clinical as Van Persie, Lee is everything a true Ranger should be and the man that he is bleeds Royal Blue. That means more to me then football skill.

Fair enough. I would rather a footballer be technically sound than to bleed blue and not be good enough, which in my opinion Lee in recent years has not been.

He should be the next addition to the hall of fame in my opinion :praise:

Then the hall of fame loses all credibility. I would hope that to be elected into the HOF you would have to be good at football. That appears to be a secondary issue for many though.

Fair enough. I would rather a footballer be technically sound than to bleed blue and not be good enough, which in my opinion Lee in recent years has not been.

We had quite a few technicaly sound players until recently, wonder what happened to them? Id rather people who will fight and fight for the cause rather than silky smooth showboats who jump ship at the first sign of trouble, like most of our technicaly sound players just have. Besides we dont need superstars in SFL1 or SFL3 but we need grafters and workers to get us back where we belong. Look at Davie Weir he is everything that Rangers should be about and i see the same pride and spirit in Jig. The days of Gazza and Laudrup, De Boer and Mols are gone.im afraid.

We had quite a few technicaly sound players until recently, wonder what happened to them? Id rather people who will fight and fight for the cause rather than silky smooth showboats who jump ship at the first sign of trouble, like most of our technicaly sound players just have. Besides we dont need superstars in SFL1 or SFL3 but we need grafters and workers to get us back where we belong. Look at Davie Weir he is everything that Rangers should be about and i see the same pride and spirit in Jig. The days of Gazza and Laudrup, De Boer and Mols are gone.im afraid.

I respect what you are saying and every side requires an element of grit, the problem is when you have to much grit and not enough flair. The balance must be correct. At present we do not have the finance to purchase top technical players, but somebody like Dean Shiels will do for the moment.

I respect what you are saying and every side requires an element of grit, the problem is when you have to much grit and not enough flair. The balance must be correct. At present we do not have the finance to purchase top technical players, but somebody like Dean Shiels will do for the moment.

I think we could find some decent players in the SFL if we look hard enough, the Falkirk lad El Farugi would have been a great signing but he went to Brentford, surely Rangers are a bigger draw for these guys than the likes of Brentford.