Big Jig , journeyman to gers god

hammer93

Here is a question, how many people pre administration would have big Jig in their gratest ever

gers team?when we signed the big man not many eyebrows were raised as the big man was at best

decent.my mate asked me "why we were signing that lump of wood" i replied that the big man

would do us a turn as we neededa bit of steel in midfield.now jig would always give us a

goal or two but the one he scored against the sheep in his 1st season was special, a 35yrd

volley into the top corner, my mate even said "not bad for a lump of wood" but through his gers

career you knew you would get an honest shift out the big man no matter where he was asked to

play.you knew their was a sense of pride in wearing that strip for Jig.4 years on and in our

darkest times 1 man has emerged big and tall, while the rats were deserting a sinking ship

Jig is running about with hammer and nails plugging the holes.when they decide to do the next

greatest Rangers poll i for 1 will have the big man in 4 different positions.you chose loyalty

over greed and tonight Jig i salute you from journeyman to Rangers god. :praise::praise::uk:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harsh calling him a journeyman. He has only played for three clubs, as a regular. As a player he should not have been asked to play in a defensive midfield role but he did so to help the club.

Top man and he will never be forgotten for his loyalty!

Big Lee should be congratulated for staying, however the status of 'legend' is not a title he deserves under any circumstances. Lets be realistic, he is not very good. He is 35 years of age, made a fortune at Rangers/down south and by all accounts still earns a handsome wage at the club. What did you expect him to do? Uproot his family to go play in Bristol for a year and earn similar money if he is lucky? While Lee has been receiving all the credit in the world for staying, others are roundly criticised for leaving, and yet the truth is somewhere in the middle, in both cases.

Big Lee should be congratulated for staying, however the status of 'legend' is not a title he deserves under any circumstances. Lets be realistic, he is not very good. He is 35 years of age, made a fortune at Rangers/down south and by all accounts still earns a handsome wage at the club. What did you expect him to do? Uproot his family to go play in Bristol for a year and earn similar money if he is lucky? While Lee has been receiving all the credit in the world for staying, others are roundly criticised for leaving, and yet the truth is somewhere in the middle, in both cases.

Understand the younger players have a larger incentive to move on but dont spout about being rangers men and then leave in the way they did thats what angers people

Big Lee legend will have to play for next to nothing if we are in div three, i will be delighted if he does but I cant see it. There will be no need to pay wages of more than 1000 a week if we are in the third and that is hugely over estimating the standard of that division.

I should add that is no slight on Lee. I think he has been tremendous and is a great ambassador for us but unless Green thinks he is worth the high wage because he is a symbol of the club then he will be quitely asked to leave and that will be a great shamne. All assuming we are in the third div next season of course.

Understand the younger players have a larger incentive to move on but dont spout about being rangers men and then leave in the way they did thats what angers people

Anger at the players that have left is fair enough. However, that does not mean that an over the hill player with a settled family should deserve extra praise for making what is the obvious decision. It would have been more of a shock if Lee had decided to leave us to be honest. Legend status for someone like Lee is nothing short of an insult to those in the hall of fame, who could all play to a level miles above him.

Anger at the players that have left is fair enough. However, that does not mean that an over the hill player with a settled family should deserve extra praise for making what is the obvious decision. It would have been more of a shock if Lee had decided to leave us to be honest. Legend status for someone like Lee is nothing short of an insult to those in the hall of fame, who could all play to a level miles above him.

i think you're taking this too seriously, legend is a word that gets thrown around alot. Personally i called him a 'class act' which i find more fitting

Fuck me, you're at it in this thread too! You're not even glass half empty. 10310.gif

Harsh calling him a journeyman. He has only played for three clubs, as a regular. As a player he should not have been asked to play in a defensive midfield role but he did so to help the club.

Top man and he will never be forgotten for his loyalty!

sorry, when i say journeyman that is what in our day we referred to as an honest pro

and noy a mn of many clubs. :uk:

i think you're taking this too seriously, legend is a word that gets thrown around alot. Personally i called him a 'class act' which i find more fitting

Class Act is still being too kind. Good guy, rotten footballer who made the logical decision. Deserves little praise or credit for making the only decision open to him. If I am honest I feel he has robbed a wage from us for over 4 years, but that is a different matter.

Class Act is still being too kind. Good guy, rotten footballer who made the logical decision. Deserves little praise or credit for making the only decision open to him. If I am honest I feel he has robbed a wage from us for over 4 years, but that is a different matter.

Robbed a wage from us? You're at it haha

WTF? Seriously???

Sorry pal, but is there anything you DO know about the game of football?

Nae offence like. <cr>

Sorry pal, but is there anything you DO know about the game of football?

Nae offence like. <cr>

We have won league titles despite his presence in the team. Are you saying I do not understand football because I am saying Big lee is mince? That is remarkable. You rate him highly then?

We have won league titles despite his presence in the team. Are you saying I do not understand football because I am saying Big lee is mince? That is remarkable. You rate him highly then?

He was the only cunt chipping in with regular goals at the end of last season, one of the only ones playing for the shirt. And he's the only one who said from the start of this shit that he was staying regardless of where we played. Ally isn't the greatest manager in the world, shall we fuck him off as well cos he's not pep guardiola? Being a ranger is more than technical ability. You utter cunt, fuck off to man city. Wanker.