SFL vote Rangers into Division Three

Creampuff

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Annan Athletic chairman Henry McLelland says that the newco scenario has happened before and the precedent is that Rangers should start again in Division Three

"In the last four years we found Gretna in the situation where they entered administration and then liquidation. There was no-one there who could rescue them; so a place was vacant and we got that.

"Livingston found themselves in a similar scenario and again, the SFL demoted Livingston from Division One to Division Three.

"Now, it's quite simple: we cannot make exceptions because it's Glasgow Rangers."

i predict a complete and utter waste of time and no decision made!!

hope im wrong tho!! looking forward to saturday football every week and paying a tenner again to get into games!!! :craphead:

Annan Athletic chairman Henry McLelland: "Now, it's quite simple: we cannot make exceptions because it's Glasgow Rangers."

If this blawhard does not think that The Rangers is an exceptional case then he's a moron, and should not be allowed to vote on anything to do with football.

Wonder what the buffet is like

BBC Iain Ewing: "I'm expecting this meeting to last a while as I've seen a shipment of steak bakes and cakes being delivered from Greggs."

BBC Iain Ewing: "I'm expecting this meeting to last a while as I've seen a shipment of steak bakes and cakes being delivered from Greggs."

That's making me hungry - some of those chairmen look as if they have partaken of a steak bake or two

Actually the Newco has happened before, when Airdrie bought Clydebank and had their share transferred to them. Continued playing in Clydebanks division didn't they?????

If you look up the SFL website for Airdrie United - they also include the honours won as Clydebank.

Actually the Newco has happened before, when Airdrie bought Clydebank and had their share transferred to them. Continued playing in Clydebanks division didn't they?????

Aye but we haven't bought over another club and took their place though we have just required the assets of the old company and transferred them to the newco.

CARDIFF BOSS & FORMER CELTIC DEFENDER MALKY MACKAY

"I hope they do go into the First Division. Portsmouth are a Premiership club and I don't think anyone could believe a Premiership club could go into administration.

"For the long-term good of Scottish football, I think they need to be back in the Premier League as quickly as possible."

Charles Green has called for clarity over where Rangers newco will play this season.

Speaking ahead of the vote Green called for clarity, saying: Well it is a very important day. I think theres lots of really good, responsible articles that have been put out in the press today.

I think it is time for realisation, I think the vilification and persecution needs to end and common sense has to prevail and I hope that it will.

It is very difficult for the other clubs and the other leagues and for the managers to understand who they are playing and when the season will start.

There are cup games in a few weeks time and we all need to move on.

Asked if he was ready for the club to enter either the First or Third Division, Green added: Weve always been prepared for both and the fans have always said theyd be happy to go to three.

We just want to get a decision and move on. I hope it will be [the final word] but Im not convinced it will.

Archived