Transfer Targets?

I wonder if McCoist has already been planning for life in the lower leagues and has made a list of targets to help us build our squad for the journey ahead?

After relegation to SD3 you have to wonder if guys like Alexander, Wallace & Goian will stay true to their word and stay, or will the club now look attempt to move them on to generate funds and cut costs as we prepeare for a minimum of three years in the lower leagues.

I simply can't see us going with a full team of U19 players with us relying on them to get us back up through the leagues so I think a few more experienced players will come in.

So does anybody on here have an extensive knowledge of the Scottish lower leagues and who we could look to bring in to help our club climb up through the divisions?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking out loud, but i wonder how well if at all Super Ally knows some of the lower leagues? Would it be worth getting someone in who does know them better than he does.

Like i said thinking out loud so maybe he does know them well, if that's where we'll be looking!

Seriously poor standard off Football down there so we will need some tough tacklers and someone to finish... I seen Barnet a couple of times last year and liked the look of their striker .. Izale McLeod who scores for fun and another guy midfield hussler Mark Hughes.

Alexander did say he might go if it was div 3, but having stayed i would say it would be pretty embarrasing for HIM should he walk away now, that would be almost worse than the first ship jumpers.

What we should maybe consider is having a good wee look at the people in div 3, there may some good talent there never given a shot. Ronaldo wasnt always at Real Madrid and you never know. :clap:

I think Rory McAllister is a must sign player (even if he is a sheepshagger :craphead: )

The guy scored goals for the for Brechin and I'm sure I read that he only moved to Peterhead in SD3 (despite having offers from the SPL) because he wanted to finish his degree/apprenticeship in the event that he didn't make it as a footballer.

He's only in his mid 20's too so he is a player who could realistically play a part for the next three seasons and continue to improve as a player during that time too.

Alexander did say he might go if it was div 3, but having stayed i would say it would be pretty embarrasing for HIM should he walk away now, that would be almost worse than the first ship jumpers.

What we should maybe consider is having a good wee look at the people in div 3, there may some good talent there never given a shot. Ronaldo wasnt always at Real Madrid and you never know. :clap:

No, I don't think it would be bad if they 'jumped ship', we will need to restructure our wages, and we may even be able to collect a fee.

It's hard to write some of this but we need to just grit our teeth and get on with it, but I also read that Colin Samuel has been training with East Fife in an attempt to win a deal with them.

Some people on here wanted us to sign him when he had a good game against us about two years years and that's when we were challenging for the SPL at the top level of Scottish football.

I think he would run riot in SD3.