Transfer Targets?

Bob Malcolm anybody?

Has slowly been dropping down the leagues for the past few years now and although not the most talented player in the world he'd probably do a job in SD3.

My mate plays with east fife. He's training with themjust now. Says he's fat and very very slow well off the pace. But does say gordon durie was a different class when he played a pre season friendly for them

Against st johnstone. Div 3 WATP

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate plays with east fife. He's training with themjust now. Says he's fat and very very slow well off the pace. But does say gordon durie was a different class when he played a pre season friendly for them

Against st johnstone. Div 3 WATP

Is Colin Samuel training with them too?

I read that he was earlier on.

Guy like iain russell (ex gers youth) would piss division three. He's at livi just now I think.

Not exactly michael mols, but have to be realistic were in div 3 now. Would do a job at div 2 and 3 level easy.

I would have been happy enough with Black and Beattie but I presume that wont be happening now.

I wish we still had youngsters like Stephen Stirling and Jordan McMillan with us, they would have strolled Div 3 (Stirling played in that league for Stranraer last season and was superb)

Andy Carroll playing alongside big Lee??

Novo - Would be the man to come back he is Rangers all the way!

We cant forget about our young players give them the chance if they are good enough to play each week best chance for them to develop and become legends for years to come!

Don't know enough about the lower leagues to recommend anyone to be honest.

I would guess we would look to some of the better rated Div 1 & 2 players to come in as we would still be able to pay higher wages, better facilities and better place to be than the teams in div 1 & 2.

Other option would be to try and bring in players on loan from EPL and Championship. Would be tough tho as clubs might not want their players playing in such a low rated league.

League 1 and 2 players in England may also be attractive.

Hopefully we have been trying to do a bit of scouting but if not it'll need to start now!

We'll need some tough players tho as the lower leagues are traditionally seen as being physical.

Think the likes of McCulloch, Hutton, Little and Perry would do well and would be good to see Hutton, Little and Perry get more 1st team experience.

Also guys like Cole could be given a chance.

Kerkar may also stay.

Just thinking out loud, but i wonder how well if at all Super Ally knows some of the lower leagues? Would it be worth getting someone in who does know them better than he does.

Like i said thinking out loud so maybe he does know them well, if that's where we'll be looking!

You may have a point here. I read an interesting article during the week with quotes from John Lambie who stated that Division 1 would be very difficult to get out of if we were relying on kids.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ally calls on the expertise of a Terry Christie like figure who has experience of management at this level.

One way or another we are on a new journey of discovery and it would be best for us to approach it with respect.

We cannot take anything for granted as the standard of player we can entice will be totally different from that which we have become used to.

Money talks, i Would hazard a guess that Rangers will probably be able to double any SFL or bottom end SPL players wage, add in the fact its the greatest club in the WORLD, should make signing players easier.

I wonder if McCoist has already been planning for life in the lower leagues and has made a list of targets to help us build our squad for the journey ahead?

After relegation to SD3 you have to wonder if guys like Alexander, Wallace & Goian will stay true to their word and stay, or will the club now look attempt to move them on to generate funds and cut costs as we prepeare for a minimum of three years in the lower leagues.

I simply can't see us going with a full team of U19 players with us relying on them to get us back up through the leagues so I think a few more experienced players will come in.

So does anybody on here have an extensive knowledge of the Scottish lower leagues and who we could look to bring in to help our club climb up through the divisions?

We're not going to Division 3. The sfa will make sure of that. We will be in their soon to be New spl 2.

Bang goes our integrity, again....lol

No matter which new league is formed we need to be saying NO to any new punishments.... AND be able to buy/sell players as well.

In a couple of seasons though we'll STILL be in front of celtic with league titles and be debt Free.... I'm guessing at that time we will be bought over by someone new with BIG ambitions for the Club.

What an incentive.... Rangers Football Club.... No debt :) I'd imagine a good number will want to get in on that act ... onward and upward ... yeeha !

Paul hartley had no clue about division 3 last year. He had 1 player on the books when he took over alloa. No coaching staff either.

He signed about 20 players and walked the league. Gers already have better players than alloa and coaching staff. Alloa signed 1st and 2nd division rejects. Bloody darren young was captain.

If hartley can do it so can ally.

49 DF Kyle McAusland

50 GK Alan Smith

51 GK Blair Currie

54 MF Robbie Crawford

57 DF Gregor Fotheringham

58 MF Lewis McLeod

62 FW Callum Wylie

66 MF Matty Clarke

67 MF Aaron McGregor

68 MF Callum Gallagher

69 FW Barrie McKay

70 DF Jordan Wilson

71 DF Stuart Urquhart

72 FW Glody Ntumba

73 DF Kris Gibson

74 MF Andy Murdoch

75 FW Fraser Aird

76 MF Darren Ramsay

77 GK Liam Kelly

79 FW Jamie Burrows

80 DF Luca Gasparotto

any of these are fine

We're not going to Division 3. The sfa will make sure of that. We will be in their soon to be New spl 2.

Bang goes our integrity, again....lol

No matter which new league is formed we need to be saying NO to any new punishments.... AND be able to buy/sell players as well.

In a couple of seasons though we'll STILL be in front of celtic with league titles and be debt Free.... I'm guessing at that time we will be bought over by someone new with BIG ambitions for the Club.

What an incentive.... Rangers Football Club.... No debt :) I'd imagine a good number will want to get in on that act ... onward and upward ... yeeha !

You still peddling yer pish on here, there wont be an SPL 2 the D1 clubs said they wouldnt sign up to it, what are they gonnae do, invent 9 other teams to join this new league?

There are plenty and I mean plenty of players out there in the scottish leagues that would give their right fucking nut to play for us, guys who maybe weren't good enough to do the job at the highest level and never thought they would get the chance to play for the mighty Rangers i would imagine McCoist could ahve a fucking queue of Bluenoses the length of PRW ootside his door if he asked for it, and these Imo are exactly the kind of players we are gonnae need to get us back to our rightful place, along with bringing through some fresh young blood over the next wee while.

What about young MLS talent? There is good talent here if given a chance. Especially after November with the MLS's whacked out scheduling. Chris Wondoloski is the leading scorer with 14 goals in 17 fixtures and he makes a modest 175k US per year.

1. Ike Opara, D, San Jose Earthquakes. The U.S. Olympic hopeful struggled with injuries during his first two seasons in the league, playing in just 19 total MLS games in 2010 and 2011. He's healthy now though, coming off a productive offseason in which he established himself as a starter -- and occasional captain -- for the U.S. U-23 team. Expect the talented center back to have a big year if he stays fit.

2. Markus Holgersson, D, New York Red Bulls. Holgerrson should do wonders for the Red Bulls' defense, which struggled at times -- especially on set pieces -- in 2011. The 26-year-old center back, who received his first cap for Sweden in January, was impressive in preseason and reportedly turned down several European sides before joining New York this winter. He'll start alongside Wilman Conde and Stephen Keel in 2012.

3. Darlington Nagbe, M/F, Portland Timbers. Timbers coach John Spencer hasn't been shy about talking Nagbe up this preseason, calling last year's No. 2 overall pick "by far technically the best player we've got" in The Oregonian and telling SI.com that he expects the 21-year-old to "have a breakout season and let everyone know who he is." Nagbe, who scored three goals and had two assists in 28 appearances in 2011, is currently competing with Jorge Perlaza and Bright Dike for the right to partner Designated Player Kris Boyd up top.

4. Tony Beltran, D, Real Salt Lake. Real Salt Lake is expecting big things from Beltran, who will be the fulltime starter at right back with Robbie Russell now in D.C. The 2008 No. 3 overall pick had a strong 2011, defending solidly and showing decent attacking chops in 22 league appearances. Don't be surprised if the 24-year-old plays his way onto U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann's January 2013 camp roster.

5. Joao Plata, M/F, Toronto FC. The tiny Ecuadorean -- Plata is just 5-foot-2 -- was one of the few bright spots in Toronto last year, tallying three goals and five assists in league play and scoring four times in the CONCACAF Champions League. Spending all of 2012 alongside DP forward Danny Koevermans up top -- the Dutch striker had eight goals in 10 games after signing with Toronto last summer -- should only improve Plata's strong rookie numbers.

6. Dilly Duka, M, Columbus Crew. The U.S. U-23 winger came on strong at the end of 2011, starting the Crew's last nine regular season games and scoring a goal in both of Columbus's final two matches. With Robbie Rogers now at Leeds United and talented Chilean international Milovan Mirosevic slotted in as the Crew's new No. 10, Duka should get all of the playing time and attacking help he needs to have a breakout season.

7. Kelyn Rowe, M, New England Revolution. Rowe was one of the breakout players of the preseason, turning heads with impressive performances throughout Revs camp. This year's third-overall pick was the darling of the recently completed Desert Diamond Cup, establishing himself as one of the early favorites for the Rookie of the Year award with some highlight-reel goals and solid buildup play at the Tucson tournament.

8. Perry Kitchen, M, D.C. United. Kitchen will make the switch to defensive midfielder in 2012 after spending most of his rookie year playing at right back. Holding mid will be a crucial position for United, which gave up the fourth-most goals in the league last year and won't get much defensive help from other midfielders Chris Pontius, Andy Najar and Branko Boskovic. How Kitchen plays in front of the back four will go a long way in determining whether or not D.C. will break its four-year playoff drought.

9. Fabian Castillo, M/F, FC Dallas. Only 19, Castillo has a chance to excel during his second year in MLS. The Colombian attacker was decent in his first year in the league, scoring two goals and adding three assists in 21 MLS games in 2011. The speedy Castillo will likely get most of his time on the right wing, a spot where he could thrive opposite the always dangerous Brek Shea.

10. Roger Torres, M, Philadelphia Union. The offseason departures of Sebastian Le Toux (traded to Vancouver) and Justin Mapp (selected by Montreal in the expansion draft) create some room in the lineup for Torres, who scored three goals and added two assists in part-time action last year. He'll need to be a driving force in the Union's attack for Philly to have any shot at duplicating their strong 2011 this year.

good shout but the problem will be work permits. There would be no chance of visas for non eec players in the 3rd division .

good shout but the problem will be work permits. There would be no chance of visas for non eec players in the 3rd division .

No kidding? I didn't realize it worked like that. Why would they not qual for work visas. I'm a yank and a clueless one at that.

No kidding? I didn't realize it worked like that. Why would they not qual for work visas. I'm a yank and a clueless one at that.

Need to play a certain % of games for their national team or be of a standard to improve the league. We would struggle to get them in the spl nevermind division 3.

Paul hartley had no clue about division 3 last year. He had 1 player on the books when he took over alloa. No coaching staff either.

He signed about 20 players and walked the league. Gers already have better players than alloa and coaching staff. Alloa signed 1st and 2nd division rejects. Bloody darren young was captain.

If hartley can do it so can ally.

Way of topic but can anyone remember the night we played alloa and th guy on the PA system cracked the joke that at least both fans will be singing "AHELLOA AHELLO" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Them was the days :disappointment:

What bout Kevin macdonald? Think he is free from Sheffield utd, young and looked good at Dundee. Enar jaager? Still no club...Nick Blackman? Did alright in SPL n pretty sure he's left Blackburn....Josh walker? Think he's a free agent from his league 1 club, he did well with the sheep...and if we need a keeper if Neil leaves then Nathan Coe, an Aussie who has been on the fringes of socceroos is free from some Scandinavian team...