** Suggestions - official thread **

J_RFC87

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really depends on the type of money we have available. Hopefully we buy say Div1's best players for Div 3, maybe even some SPL players, as we'd still pay more wages than currently on.

It will be interesting to see who we sign, I don't think for a minute it will be anyone below Div1 level. Wouldn't mind taking a few old players back either, anybody at a decent level who comes to us in the situation we're in will get my respect and backing, regardless of wether I liked him as a player previously.

Mentioned it in another thread.

Would it be worth looking into youth players we've released in recent years, that have had a season or two experience of first team football. Players like Steven Lennon (near enough a goal every two games for his club in Iceland last season) was thought of very highly during his time here, but never got the opportunity to impress.

Another poster mentioned Archie Campbell as well, who is faring OK at Morton as far as I'm aware.

Unless he has regressed massively over the past season and a bit, I still think Colin Samuel would be a superb signing for SD3.

He's been training with East Fife in an attempt to win a deal and he finished last season at Arbroath so I doubt the "drop" would bother him.

I think we need experience and versatility and he would offer both in abudance.

Dean Shiels.

I don't think we'll get him but there's no harm in trying. I couldn't imagine Kilmarnock were paying him a huge amount.

He would certainly be the main signing and a big coup for SFL3.

:lol:

Not a chance, he was linked with Feyenoord last month, he is much better than Kilmarnock.

:lol:

Not a chance, he was linked with Feyenoord last month, he is much better than Kilmarnock.

Like I said no harm in trying.

He is a free agent after all, whats the worst that could happen slapping a take it or leave it offer on the table?

Alan Maybury anyone?

Experienced right back coming to the tail end of his career, could fancy a crack with his boyhood team. Would surely walk the 3rd, as well as being able to guide some of the younger lot coming through.

think he was on trial at Hibs not sure if they signed him.

Aim for good young players from say the 1st Division so they can develop and improve as we move up the divisions.

No point rebuilding a squad every year for the new division we go to, especially if we're expecting back-to-back promotions.