Ian Black: I'll be a Div 3 star

By RONNIE MacKAY

Published: 58 minutes ago

IAN BLACK last night issued a come-and-get-me plea to Ally McCoist — and insisted he would play in the Third Division.

The former Hearts midfielder had agreed to sign for the Rangers newco if they’d been placed into Division One and the transfer embargo was lifted.

That deal was ripped up and declared void once Gers were condemned to the bottom tier. However Black told SunSport he would still contemplate playing for the Ibrox side.

He said: “The contract will be void because it was for playing in the First Division.

“If they want me in the Third Division, then they’ll have to approach me again.

“I don’t have anything else happening at the moment. I’m unemployed right now and looking for a team. I have a family to support, so I need to get back into work.

“I’m open to offers — from Rangers or anybody else. I’ll see how it goes.”

Black slated those players who decided not to stay on and sign for the newco.

He said: “They’ll have there own circumstances surrounding it. But if they were as close to the manager as they said they were, they could have helped Rangers financially by staying on and then being bought.

“That would have helped put the team back on the map. But they didn’t.

“Looking from the outside, I’d maybe have had that respect for the manager and the club.”

My link

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers will do just fine in the Third Division without this cunt. There are plenty of other players available out there who would do a job of the standard needed for promotion.

to be fair, the lower leagues are full of .''Ian Blacks.'' arsehole? Yes. Good player? Yes. We need players and Black would stroll all the divisions below SPL

to be fair, the lower leagues are full of .''Ian Blacks.'' arsehole? Yes. Good player? Yes. We need players and Black would stroll all the divisions below SPL

There's no arguing that he'd be head and shoulders above 99% of the players in the SFL, but there are other players open to Rangers that would do 'his' job well enough. Sure, the reality is that Rangers probably are going to need a 'hard-man' in the middle of the park at this level but I'd like to think we'd give someone else a chance ahead of this thug.

Regardless, I can understand wholeheartedly why some fans would welcome him.

There's no arguing that he'd be head and shoulders above 99% of the players in the SFL, but there are other players open to Rangers that would do 'his' job well enough. Sure, the reality is that Rangers probably are going to need a 'hard-man' in the middle of the park at this level but I'd like to think we'd give someone else a chance ahead of this thug.

Regardless, I can understand wholeheartedly why some fans would welcome him.

Regardless what you think of him. Says alot that he wants to play for us at our lowest moment so what if he's a hatchet man he will be destroying other players good thing is he is on our side this time if he joins up :P

Hes just the person we need imo. We're going to be fielding a team of youngsters, they'll get torn apart in d3. Someone like this in mid should take the edge off. Id rather joey barton but.. doh

Regardless what you think of him. Says alot that he wants to play for us at our lowest moment so what if he's a hatchet man he will be destroying other players good thing is he is on our side this time if he joins up :P

I'm not disputing that. That won't change what I think of him though. It was only a few months ago that he was bending his arm and pumping up his fist at the Govan Front after scoring against us. He's a rat.

Yet, once again I'll accept, Rangers are going to need players of his style to climb back up the leagues. My point is that Rangers don't require a player the 'calibre' of Ian Black for the Third Division although he would undoubtedly be a dark luxury for the seasons ahead.

We've had enough badge kissing rangers men walk out on us, what we need now are players who will commit and fight for us and won't go missing in the mud of div 3. His tackle on jelavic was bad but not the worst we have seen, what it showed was the fuck you attitude we as fans are showing, but we don't want it in a player, the mind boggles.

Bring him and his like in so that we can get back to our rightful place.

Imagine we got them then beat them?

Without doubt the sweetest win I could hope for.

:drool:

Not sure we could beat them though, you never know but.

Don't think its out of the question that we could put together a team capable of putting the other cunts in the spl who hit us while we were down out of the cups.

Imagine putting aberdeen or dundee hibs out :sherlock: