Sellout Salmond

wighty1963

I never said the UK was occupied, I said Scotland was. Ive stated why i think its better for us to be independent. Ive said nothing "anti english", or racist. You have the typical "unionist" argument, which is no argument. Better to just call me Hamish and a racist which doesnt really convince why the union is good idea.

Whats your answer to the poll tax they inflicted on us before it went live in england? Is that all British citizens being treated as equals? You dont realise how good you have it in Scotland compared to england now, and its all thanks to the SNP. Free tuition, free car parking in hospitals, free prescriptions, someone actually fighting for their countries rights, instead of feeding off the scraps of westminsters table.

Time to stop living in the past. If shitty little countries like Lithuania and Latvia etc can do it, why cant we? The empire has fallen. Get over it.

Please, please stop embarrassing yourself. We are not occupied. We are part of a Union. We entered that Union ourselves. When our Union built an Empire people from Scotland (that is to say British people from Scotland) played a massive role in the exploration then domination of peoples from Africa to India to the South Seas. We British Scots have a long history of being occupiers NOT being ocupied.

Wake up you utter cretin. The British Empire was ruddy great in alot of ways and Scotland played a rather hearty role.

And yes we use English tax £'s to pay for free tuition, etc while our fellow countrymen in the South pay through the nose for it. Thats not something to be pleased about. That is a disgrace.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, please stop embarrassing yourself. We are not occupied. We are part of a Union. We entered that Union ourselves. When our Union built an Empire people from Scotland (that is to say British people from Scotland) played a massive role in the exploration then domination of peoples from Africa to India to the South Seas. We British Scots have a long history of being occupiers NOT being ocupied.

Wake up you utter cretin. The British Empire was ruddy great in alot of ways and Scotland played a rather hearty role.

And yes we use English tax £'s to pay for free tuition, etc while our fellow countrymen in the South pay through the nose for it. Thats not something to be pleased about. That is a disgrace.

How did the voting go again ?

I never said the UK was occupied, I said Scotland was.

doh

Scotland is part of the UK brains, if Scotland were occupied then the UK would be, in turn, occupied.

As for the rest, spare me the bullshit, life's too short and separatism's a busted flush.

The Scottish already do some pretty leftfield things as it is. Give them a free reign and it would be total anarchy. They recently freed a convicted terrorist who blew up a plane over Scotland so christ knows what they'd do if they were completely free of some sane minds from others in the Union. <cr>

Great country, but the people in politics and at the head of important organisations in Scotland are, frankly, mentally unhinged, vile and dangerous.

The Scottish already do some pretty leftfield things as it is. Give them a free reign and it would be total anarchy. They recently freed a convicted terrorist who blew up a plane over Scotland so christ knows what they'd do if they were completely free of some sane minds from others in the Union. <cr>

Great country, but the people in politics and at the head of important organisations in Scotland are, frankly, mentally unhinged, vile and dangerous.

Aye ofc, if you believe that letting Megrahi go was a Scottish decision, then i dont think you have read enough about that particular case. Its hardly a reason to keep the staus quo. All a unionist can ever say is pro independence people are racist and crazy and if they get power, Scotland will sink into the sea.

I know im pissing in the wind arguing with fellow fans about this, and im not really one for insulting randoms on the internet, so i think we can just agree to disagree. Although, im quite happy to listen to anyone that can give me a good reason why we should stay in an outdated union that doesnt really suit either country. I wont hold my breath.

The union had its benefits in the past, but the empire is long gone.

I think we would be better off now making our own decisions.

It's no union of equals - we only have 9% of the MPs.

London sucks up all taxes from all over Britain and the majority gets spent down there.

I lived there for a couple of years and the money pumped into infrastructure is incredible.

Docklands, light rail, crossrail, the olympics etc.

Meanwhile, we live in a country that could be as rich as Norway or Denmark or Switzerland, but instead a third of our biggest city lives in poverty.

Only last year the Glasgow M74 and M9 motorways got completed.

And the main road to Inverness is still mostly single carriageway from Perth onwards.

It's a disgrace how much we have been sucked dry, to make the south wealthy.

But if we keep letting our neighbour give us our pocket money we only have ourselves to blame.

The union had its benefits in the past, but the empire is long gone.

I think we would be better off now making our own decisions.

It's no union of equals - we only have 9% of the MPs.

London sucks up all taxes from all over Britain and the majority gets spent down there.

I lived there for a couple of years and the money pumped into infrastructure is incredible.

Docklands, light rail, crossrail, the olympics etc.

Meanwhile, we live in a country that could be as rich as Norway or Denmark or Switzerland, but instead a third of our biggest city lives in poverty.

Only last year the Glasgow M74 and M9 motorways got completed.

And the main road to Inverness is still mostly single carriageway from Perth onwards.

It's a disgrace how much we have been sucked dry, to make the south wealthy.

But if we keep letting our neighbour give us our pocket money we only have ourselves to blame.

We have only got 9% of the population, so it is completely fair and equal.

Do you know what the UK economy is made up of? Let me tell you. The vast majority of the UK's income is made in the financial sector. By vast majority, we're talking about two-thirds. Every single penny of that is made in London.

As for your points about infrastructure, you contradict yourself in those two paragraphs. Congratulations. And the A9 is currently undergoing works to make it dual carriageway in it's entirety. The advantages of reading about current affairs are truly understated sometimes.

Aye ofc, if you believe that letting Megrahi go was a Scottish decision, then i dont think you have read enough about that particular case. Its hardly a reason to keep the staus quo. All a unionist can ever say is pro independence people are racist and crazy and if they get power, Scotland will sink into the sea.

I know im pissing in the wind arguing with fellow fans about this, and im not really one for insulting randoms on the internet, so i think we can just agree to disagree. Although, im quite happy to listen to anyone that can give me a good reason why we should stay in an outdated union that doesnt really suit either country. I wont hold my breath.

I think that the sort of argument you use about al Megrahi is not really good enough.

The decision was legally taken by the Scottish government, it was announced by McCaskill and defended by Salmond. Just because the SNP have realised what a ridiculously embarassing decision it was, they have merrily tried to let hint after hint drop that it may not have been their fault.

I have two questions then, 1) Why did they do it if they didn't agree with it, the decision was legally theirs? 2) If they were forced into it by Labour, then why don't they release that information and let the blame sit there?

They are lucky that Salmond sucks up so readily to the media, and has been let off remarkably lightly for this egregious decision.

We have only got 9% of the population, so it is completely fair and equal.

Do you know what the UK economy is made up of? Let me tell you. The vast majority of the UK's income is made in the financial sector. By vast majority, we're talking about two-thirds. Every single penny of that is made in London.

As for your points about infrastructure, you contradict yourself in those two paragraphs. Congratulations. And the A9 is currently undergoing works to make it dual carriageway in it's entirety. The advantages of reading about current affairs are truly understated sometimes.

My point is these vital motorways links.. M80, M74, M8 should have been completed 30 years ago - not left for the SNP to do the job.

And much of Londons wealth isn't actually made in London, it just gets allocated there because most head offices are there.

Scotland only has 9% of the population, BUT if we were independent we would get a lot bigger share of our resources.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be as wealthy as Norway, or Switzerland or Denmark if we had been in charge of our own country.

My point is these vital motorways links.. M80, M74, M8 should have been completed 30 years ago - not left for the SNP to do the job.

And much of Londons wealth isn't actually made in London, it just gets allocated there because most head offices are there.

Scotland only has 9% of the population, BUT if we were independent we would get a lot bigger share of our resources.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be as wealthy as Norway, or Switzerland or Denmark if we had been in charge of our own country.

I appreciate it isn't really in the manifesto, but I presume you would take into account Scotland's share of the UK national debt, particularly given RBS being bailed out to such a huge degree.

Without the tax money generated in the City of London, there would be a real struggle, and without a safety net, Ireland is always a possible ending.

I appreciate it isn't really in the manifesto, but I presume you would take into account Scotland's share of the UK national debt, particularly given RBS being bailed out to such a huge degree.

Without the tax money generated in the City of London, there would be a real struggle, and without a safety net, Ireland is always a possible ending.

I understand we would get our share of the debt and the assets too, which is fair enough.

The problem with this 'safety net' attitude, is that we accept a pittance, and sacrifice the opportunity to do so much better.

And we aren't doing so great as part of the political union.

Scotland had something like a quarter of the UK population at the time of Union - Now its closer to 8%.

All the money and power has concentrated in London and the south.

How is that good for people here? How is that good for our economy?

But instead of just accepting it we can do something about it.

For a start, we need the powers to lower business tax here, so that companies base themselves here instead of London.

Why would companies come here, when in London they can be closer to Europe, government, power, and the stock market?

Plus other similar companies. I know how it works. Networking, conferences, entertainment expenses, wine bars, tit bars and tax write-offs.

Power breeds success.

We need to get some powers and wealth back here, rather than just being a feeder zone, where all roads lead south.

If we fuck it up, we will only have ourselves to blame.

But it least it's worth a shot to try something better.

Any Bear that votes SNP is a traitor.

This is one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever heard.

Politics has nothing to do with football no matter how much the minority of knuckle-draggers wish it was.

Who are you voting for then, the Tories? Any Scot who votes for the Tories is a hypocrite if they frown on any other votes. Absolute joker.

I'd love a debate with one of these sectarians, anti-republican terrorist supporters or xenophobes who actually know the first thing about religion, Irish politics or the history of human migration respectively. I won't hold my breath.

Before any of the usual "taig" nonsense, look at my profile pic. I'm no SNP supporter either. I just have an IQ in the double figures that allows me to see the real world without being blinded by a tribal instinct.

I never said the UK was occupied, I said Scotland was. Ive stated why i think its better for us to be independent. Ive said nothing "anti english", or racist. You have the typical "unionist" argument, which is no argument. Better to just call me Hamish and a racist which doesnt really convince why the union is good idea.

Whats your answer to the poll tax they inflicted on us before it went live in england? Is that all British citizens being treated as equals? You dont realise how good you have it in Scotland compared to england now, and its all thanks to the SNP. Free tuition, free car parking in hospitals, free prescriptions, someone actually fighting for their countries rights, instead of feeding off the scraps of westminsters table.

Time to stop living in the past. If shitty little countries like Lithuania and Latvia etc can do it, why cant we? The empire has fallen. Get over it.

Still bleating on about Maggie and the poll Tax .ffs.

When are people going to learn that fuck all in life is free.

Firstly when was the last time you got a prescription from the docs.? Exactly.

Now I have never ever had free education, i usually pay for someone else tjrough my taxes.

And we subsidise the hospital parking from the revenue those cunts in Edinburgj charfe.

Two pounds an hour to park in Town.

I have no choice to pay as I habe to do jobs there.

Its fucking robbery.

The snp are a bunch of elitist cunts ,and are only after power over the people for their own personal gain.They couldnt give a fuck about you or me.

And see of I have a camera shoved in my face again from hitlers stasi i will take it to westminster where something might get done about it .

Salmond dislikes the sovereingty and was asked to leave an officers mess at an Air Force base in Jockland for refusing to stand up for a toast to HM.

When are people going to learn that fuck all in life is free.

Firstly when was the last time you got a prescription from the docs.? Exactly.

Now I have never ever had free education, i usually pay for someone else tjrough my taxes.

And we subsidise the hospital parking from the revenue those cunts in Edinburgj charfe.

Two pounds an hour to park in Town.

I have no choice to pay as I habe to do jobs there.

Its fucking robbery.

The snp are a bunch of elitist cunts ,and are only after power over the people for their own personal gain.They couldnt give a fuck about you or me.

And see of I have a camera shoved in my face again from hitlers stasi i will take it to westminster where something might get done about it .

Salmond dislikes the sovereingty and was asked to leave an officers mess at an Air Force base in Jockland for refusing to stand up for a toast to HM.

I wont argue with you about politicians being the worst breed of arseholes that ever walked the earth, and all they ever do is fck over the working man. This applies to all parties though, not just the SNP.

For the first time in centuries, Scottish people arnt getting the raw deal in the union. This is all due to the SNP's work. You may not think the things i mentioned are free, but in england, they all have to be payed for in addition to normal taxation.

I dont know why people think we will have Salmond and/or the SNP in power until doomsday. We will still be a democracy, and only independence can finally create a real democracy in Scotland. Its either that, or we continue to half arsed support the snp, and have the other parties barely taking any notice of Scotlands needs or problems.

Who can your average bear vote for at the moment? SNP, tories, labour, libs? They might all be wankers, but i know who i think is trying their best for our country. Things arnt so bad for us at the moment, but i dont mind repeating myself. Once our oil is finished, we are fucked. Dont kid yourself that we wont get cast out in to the wilderness by our great "friends" from the south.

You guys never seem too rave on about The Irish Republic or Iceland these days :sherlock:

No, not now. They're just not cool enough these days. Those (wrecked) models of economic excellence are so last week. Southern Ireland needed to be bailed out by, well, the UK. They also now endure enjoy having their budgets examined prior to ratification in other countries.

"Loss of sovereignty may be an abstract notion, but this week Irish people were confronted with what it means in reality. Revelations that draft proposals for the Irish December 2011 budget had been circulated in a German parliamentary committee were met with horror in Ireland. It has since emerged that they were sent to every finance minister in the EU."

Debt for sovereignty. Humiliating did I hear you say? Think of poor Phil and his crying children...

As support for independence in Scotland crashes (30% down last month alone) Salmond knows his wheeze is up. Can't sell the Euro to Scots and staying with the pound means - tragically - independence cannot exist. No sovereignty you see. Unless you happen to consider that abstract notion to be of little importance.

Not when someone else is controlling the building blocks of the economy. Just ask the folk in Southern Ireland :sherlock:

Things arnt so bad for us at the moment, but i dont mind repeating myself. Once our oil is finished, we are fucked. Dont kid yourself that we wont get cast out in to the wilderness by our great "friends" from the south.

Really?

Why were we not cast out before the oil - if it's such a potentially deal-breakingly important reason for England to partner with Scotland.

The union is over 300 years old and we've had the benefit of 'Scottish' oil (and let's not forget the benefit of 'English' gas) for 40 years or so? Perhaps a little longer - let's err on the side of generosity.

But now - no oil means we will be cast out? We can only wonder why Wales and Northern Ireland managed not to be cast out long ago for having no oil or gas of note at all.

Anyway, why worry? Everything is going to be gold and shiny and brilliant post-Union. With or without oil we're told. Being cast out is what the SNP want - so why the anxiety in the first place? It's not as if we're headed for the - how did you put it - wilderness.

I'm sure your assertion must be correct because you are so very obviously not kidded - your case just appears to be baseless and completely lacking in logic. A mystery it must be. Mustn't it?

I wont argue with you about politicians being the worst breed of arseholes that ever walked the earth, and all they ever do is fck over the working man. This applies to all parties though, not just the SNP.

For the first time in centuries, Scottish people arnt getting the raw deal in the union. This is all due to the SNP's work. You may not think the things i mentioned are free, but in england, they all have to be payed for in addition to normal taxation.

I dont know why people think we will have Salmond and/or the SNP in power until doomsday. We will still be a democracy, and only independence can finally create a real democracy in Scotland. Its either that, or we continue to half arsed support the snp, and have the other parties barely taking any notice of Scotlands needs or problems.

Who can your average bear vote for at the moment? SNP, tories, labour, libs? They might all be wankers, but i know who i think is trying their best for our country. Things arnt so bad for us at the moment, but i dont mind repeating myself. Once our oil is finished, we are fucked. Dont kid yourself that we wont get cast out in to the wilderness by our great "friends" from the south.

Never read such utter tosh in my life. Read some history as an independant country Scotland has been an unmitigated disaster as part of the UK Scots have done well. We can't put trams in Edinburgh (Manchester managed) and you think these fuds could run a country? If it ever happens Scotland will be the new Greece or Eire.

Massive socialchange is needed in the west with Scotland an example of too many people living off the state and not working. As an independant nation we could not afford it - Soapy talks about stopping cuts in benefits but not where he'd get the money. Personally I am sick of paying tax for scum junkies and drunks. Plus making sure murderers get 3 meals a day. We need change but not an independant banana republic run by a guy who wants to be the 'dear leader' whilst on a 10500 calories a day diet. Get real mate!

You may not think the things i mentioned are free, but in england, they all have to be payed for in addition to normal taxation.

Resources don't appear for free. The fact things like prescriptions have to be subsidized by the patient means less money from tax goes to it.

In Scotland, the earnings of the well pay for the medicine for the sick.

How can this happen? Significantly raise National Insurance or spend less money on other public services.

The former doesn't seem to have happened so they're spending a lot less on other public services.

Which? None of the SNP members/MSPs will give me a straight answer.

My opinion? A factory worker paying for the medication of an executive on 200 grand a year is a disgrace.