Stripping titles doesn't necessarily mean handing them to the runners up

Peasie

Can anyone point to example (Europe) where a club that finished runners up then becomes League champions as a result of titles being stripped?

I know it is a rare thing to happen (clubs being stripped of titles). What happened to the titles Juventus were stripped of - were they awarded to the runners up?

In the Highland League Elgin City were stripped of the 1992-93 title - but I don't think it was awarded to the runners up.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, but I thought that the titles won by Juve were then given to 3rd placed Inter, as AC, who finished second were also implicated. However, Juve have simply refused to acknowledge the removal of said titles and the issue has sort of fallen away

Caledonian FC finished runner up to Elgin in 1992/93 and never got the title.

Nor did they ask for it, or want it.

funny feeling the runts across the city will grasp gleefully at any scraps thrown to them!!

If and its a big if, we do actualy get the trophys stripped, the taigs wouldnt get them because surely every result we had those seasons would have to be altered, 3-0 defeat every game i read, meaning all other teams points totals would change and it would be a complete nightmare to sort out, then theres European games, international games that Rangers players played in. Teams would be sueing the SPL/SFA left right and center. Its not as simple as just giving our titles to the mhanks, although if they did the cunts would celebrate them as they love tainted trophys at paedopark.

I said this elsewhere:

"Likewise, no one was given Juventus' stripped Serie A title of 2004-2005.

However, Marseilles' stripped 1992-1993 title was given to 2nd placed PSG but their TV owners Canal+ refused it for fear of losing subscribers in the south of France! Must be that good old fan power again."

Looks like it is up to the country's FA but the SFA could be opening a can of worms here, can every team that is bumped up a place then sue for the extra prize money or lost income from European slots? It is just ridiculous.

As someone stated above, Juves titles that were stripped, only one was awarded to another club.

Marseille kept hold of their Champions league win in 1993 when they were found of match fixing, it should really have been played again with Ac Milan v us.

Lets take a reality check.

Are we honestly trying to say that titles won fair and square on the pitch, following all the sporting rules should be removed from Rangers because players participated in a legal EBT system and Rangers are 'potentially' guilty of not informing the SPL explicitly of this fact, despite our audited accounts showing the deductions?

As there was no contractual right to receive benefits from the EBT, what should we have filed with the SPL or SFA?

If this comes to pass, then truly our much vaunted Scots law and sensible nature will have been corrupted beyond reason.

If and its a big if, we do actualy get the trophys stripped, the taigs wouldnt get them because surely every result we had those seasons would have to be altered, 3-0 defeat every game i read, meaning all other teams points totals would change and it would be a complete nightmare to sort out, then theres European games, international games that Rangers players played in. Teams would be sueing the SPL/SFA left right and center. Its not as simple as just giving our titles to the mhanks, although if they did the cunts would celebrate them as they love tainted trophys at paedopark.

Maybe their planning to give them to Lemmons, to add some credibility to his claim of being a 'sellic legend' like Big John The Knowledgeable

I don't understand why they would want them... I'd feel humiliated accepting titles that were won on the pitch, and could never feel like my side truly earned them.

It didn't stop them last season when Sion humped them. They were happy to accept the place back in Europe.

I said this elsewhere:

"Likewise, no one was given Juventus' stripped Serie A title of 2004-2005.

However, Marseilles' stripped 1992-1993 title was given to 2nd placed PSG but their TV owners Canal+ refused it for fear of losing subscribers in the south of France! Must be that good old fan power again."

Looks like it is up to the country's FA but the SFA could be opening a can of worms here, can every team that is bumped up a place then sue for the extra prize money or lost income from European slots? It is just ridiculous.

A good point made in the last paragraph there. What about relegations? Will they all be null and void as well?

innocent before proven guilty seems to have been a long lost thing in this whole shambles..

Taking away titles, well if this was true throughout most of europe wouldnt they have to take titles from many teams since they most of them have run some sort of EBT scheme (Are they legal or not who knows yet)... infact didnt that other club admit to using them but nothing else was made of it.

The SFA seem to have recieved a high dosage of radiation and now seem intent on destroying everything they can before they also die.

Even if we are found to have been incorrect in our assumption that the SPL/SFA did not need to know of the EBT payments as they were not contractual, is this a breach of rules deemed so significant that the ultimate sanction of stripping titles is warranted?

I can't see how an administrative oversight due to complex tax planning is significant enough to warrant such a sanction. Let's not forget the actual legal contracts of the players were all lodged with the SPL and SFA

Apparently Juventus are still fighting to get their title back.

I don't think the SPL are even competent to judge this issue - the tax tribunal has taken ages over it which suggests all it not as clear cut as Rangers' opponents think. It should be pointed out that HMRC are not impartial either in slapping a tax bill on us. They have their own agenda as well. That's why the tax tribunal has to be impartial.

Caledonian FC finished runner up to Elgin in 1992/93 and never got the title.

Nor did they ask for it, or want it.

Hmm yes but Timothy FC would celebrate being given titles which they haven't earned with glee, they would probably hire an open top bus they already proved the more tainted the better.