Cancelled Sky

Far be it from me to criticise anybody who decides to keep their sports package, but if the impact in terms of Rangers fans cancelling their accounts is minimal, then Sky will probably think that there hasn't really been much of a change to the commercial viability of honouring the SPL contract as it stands. That plays into the hands of the teams that have been out to lynch us. As much as I love my English top flight games, my Spanish games, and my Bundesliga on ESPN, as a Rangers fan there was only one option regarding the Sky Sports package and it had to go. If there was a mass-cancellation, with every Gers fan cancelling, I think Sky would pull out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't cancel.

I have better things to do than watch TV in the house in the first place.

eh? cancel and do the better things you have to do then

i watch everything on line. streampro.tv

30quid for year. has every sport every channel. 3.00 kick offs.

hook pc up to tv,sorted

I can't speak for the 48% on here the other day who said they were cancelleing,but my reasons are that I won't be giving any money to Scottish football until we are back to a level playing field,I will continue to give money to my team only,even if SKY show all our away games this season I won't renew(it's pub from now on-they don't do sky either) I got my mum to cancel aswell so that nearly £500 a year they ain't getting from this family.Not one fucking penny.ive still got movies,sky one etc.. and still get SSN. I will miss English and la liga but I've got stong feelings over the "cash cow" incident.

SKY have over ten million subscribers UK wide, lets assume a measly one million are from Scotland, of that million 250,000 are sports subscribers a £20 a month.

They are bringing in 60 million a year from Scottish sport subscribers and paying out 16 million a year to SPL.

I'm guessing what the subscriber numbers are the same as the media and everyone else, Doncaster should have sat down with Sky weeks ago and found out what their plans are.

A lot of bears will still want to watch EPL, Golf etc so I don't think SKY are going to lose an amount of subscribers that will make them sit up and take notice.

SKY have over ten million subscribers UK wide, lets assume a measly one million are from Scotland, of that million 250,000 are sports subscribers a £20 a month.

They are bringing in 60 million a year from Scottish sport subscribers and paying out 16 million a year to SPL.

I'm guessing what the subscriber numbers are the same as the media and everyone else, Doncaster should have sat down with Sky weeks ago and found out what their plans are.

A lot of bears will still want to watch EPL, Golf etc so I don't think SKY are going to lose an amount of subscribers that will make them sit up and take notice.

I agree that I won't make a diff,Ive cancelled because I don't want to give a penny to sfa,selic and the diddys,it's just s personal choice,my fear is the sky contract dosent change that much and those cunts get last laugh.

Serious question why are people cancelling SKY?

Sky funds SPL

SPL need Sky money

If Sky get enough subscriptions they'll televise the SPL

Pubs and clubs also subscribe to Sky...lots more.

If they can't get punters through the door to watch tv on gamedays they'll no be happy.

If Bears cancell subscriptions, even for a month it makes a statement, Sky will take notice

As you will gather from other posts, many subscribers in Scotland watch the EPL and La Liga plus other sports. I imagine that much of the revenue they raise goes to the EPL contract, etc not the SPL. The only SPL fixtures they bother about are the Rangers v tims.

Sky funds SPL

SPL need Sky money

If Sky get enough subscriptions they'll televise the SPL

Pubs and clubs also subscribe to Sky...lots more.

If they can't get punters through the door to watch tv on gamedays they'll no be happy.

If Bears cancell subscriptions, even for a month it makes a statement, Sky will take notice

Our Sky subscriptions also go on everything else that they offer, the big reason why they will cut back on the funding of the SPL is that they will see a massive reduction in viewing figures for the scottish football, hence advertising money is reduced, hence less money to Sky. Sky will already be thinking about this, far more than caring about subscription numbers.

SKY are a business and any good business will be pissed off at losing one customer never mind hundreds/thousands.

They won't be on the breadline but it will certainly affect their thinking.

Anyone keeping it to watch their sport/golf/boxing then fair play but I only watched Rangers and Real Madrid so was an easy option for me.

Our Sky subscriptions also go on everything else that they offer, the big reason why they will cut back on the funding of the SPL is that they will see a massive reduction in viewing figures for the scottish football, hence advertising money is reduced, hence less money to Sky. Sky will already be thinking about this, far more than caring about subscription numbers.

Good point M8 (tu)

The OF games had massive world wide viewing probably on PPV in some countries... that will go.

They have also just spent near £3 billion on the epl(with BT vision),which one chairman said was "over the top" this months WSC has a good piece on the new EPL contract.

On a downside a thread on here a few weeks ago had a connection with BT vision director also being a non exec at the piggery.could this help the spl with lost revenue?

Good point M8 (tu)

The OF games had massive world wide viewing probably on PPV in some countries... that will go.

And advertisers would probably pay a premium to get an advert on around the times that match was on, who will care about Motherwell against St Mirren? The loss of subscribers is probably minimal to SKY compared to lost advertising revenue.

And I don't have SKY or Sky Sports so can't cancel it anyway :D

I know a lot of people in SKY as the company I work for does the IT support, they will be bidding for the rights to the SFL, whether they get it or not is another matter, trust me they do not want to lose a single customer if they can help it, but they are not going to take sides on this as that would be bad for business.

The biggest hit that SKY are going to get is from the people who pay huge sums of money for adverts that are shown during top games, As has been stated, the OF games are 5th highest viewing figures and will command a high price, that will be a sore one for them.

The argument can get "flipped" and if you think it through they might decide to show more of the mhank games in the expectation that the unwashed will rush to get a sky subscription. As the subs need to be paid by Direct Debit, of course, this would be " pyoor dead shyte " down in the girolands. If the taigs win their first European game though it's accademic as all their telly's will be at Cash Generator ( embdy wantn a deal oan plasma 'n at. etc ). There's queues at the credit unions already :P :P :P

Rupert Murdoch's a Papal Knight, his corps hack the mobile phones of dead kid's parents, etc,etc. Get out the house and support yer local boozer/bowling club or masonic to watch the football for christ sake. F**k Sky and whats left of the SPL.