Let's take a year out

wighty1963

The SFA SPL are trying to do everything possible to kick us while we are down. Why don't we tell them to GTF and we are not given in to anymore sanctions so we don't want a licence this year. We hold all the bargaining tools so Charlie boy should tell we don't need you and watch from the outside Scottish Football dying a slow death. WATP

OP: Do you know what positives the license we are currently chasing has?

Do you know the consequences for us of possibly taking a year out?

And finally do you realise we are applying for our old license right now, and if we take a year out we need to add on another 2 years to that to able to apply for a new one as you need 3 years accounts to apply for a new S*A Membership?

00000042.gif

I couldn't go with a year out. What investors in their right mind would stick around under those conditions? Owning a club that can't play is a non-starter - literally. It would be bulldozers at Ibrox next if that happened.

Speaking of which I would expect every man jack of a Rangers supporter to occupy the stadium if anything like that ever happened. I'm not saying it will. But these are mad times we're living in.

This is a make or break week for the Bears so Charlie and Ally should stand their ground and call the SFA'S bluff that they are no accepting anymore punishments. Fucking sick of it week after week of another punishment getting added to list all we done was fiddle some taxes and no wee BHOYS. Enough is Enough and Rangers should tell the SFA to go and fuck there self. WATP BJK.

I'm sure we could find a wee tourney somewhere in the world every month to keep us going plus glamour friendlies..especially during Europes winter break and international weekends.

Wouldn't be ideal but if we bend over and let them take titles and our media rights just so we can eat at their table then i'll be ashamed.

We have to fight back...Would Jock Wallce,Wullie Waddell,Alex McDonald,Davie Cooper,Tam Forsyth etc fold and greet..never . WE need some fuckin backbone again.

Quite sad you feel the need to comment when it pisses you off so much.

Probably because some people come on here looking for some positive news and people are starting pish threads.

Like this. (tu)

Probably because some people come on here looking for some positive news and people are starting pish threads.

Like this. (tu)

Positive news...oh i remember that.

To comment on something just for the sake of whining is a bit pathetic.If it's that annoying just ignore it and it will soon go away.

Positive news...oh i remember that.

To comment on something just for the sake of whining is a bit pathetic.If it's that annoying just ignore it and it will soon go away.

Exactly what you've done, is it not?

It actually worries me how many people see this as a viable option. Here's just a few things that would happen...

The players would leave

The staff would be told they are no longer required

We would have a stadium and a training ground without a penny coming in for bills and maintenance

The investors would sell off the two, and walk away from the club

Sorry, I'm all for us standing our ground against draconian sanctions, but nothing good could come of it. And I also don't understand why people think it's a "year out". If Rangers don't get their license, their place gets taken by a Junior or Highland Leagum team. Where does that leave us then? Seeking a new league to play in without any players or anywhere to play.

People really need to understand this simply isn't an option.

The SFA SPL are trying to do everything possible to kick us while we are down. Why don't we tell them to GTF and we are not given in to anymore sanctions so we don't want a licence this year. We hold all the bargaining tools so Charlie boy should tell we don't need you and watch from the outside Scottish Football dying a slow death. WATP

Don't be ridiculous, we'd be dead in a year, we'd have no players and no income.

You know what they say, keep your friens close and your enemies closer, the best chance we have to influence issues is from within.

Stop taking the tablets.

Are people supporting the on crack?

Where does our income come from? You think the players are going to hang around with no football? Sponsors? No ticket sales? No TV?

What teams worth their salt are going to play us in meaningless kickabouts? And if no license we can’t play proper games anyway?

And what happens once the year is over? Do they just kick out a team to let us back in?

Looks like this thread is split but i think we should have told them to stick it up there hole. Yes i do get what the shite merchants are saying but i think they would have backed down. They simply cant let us go out the game because of our cash. So i think green has sold us out. we should have took them again to court for a full seasons loss of revenue as this sanction was passed by the court as illegal !