How many times

How many times will we score 10 or more  

189 members have voted

1. 1. How many times will we score ten or more

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on mate, we regularly put 5 past SPL teams and to think we won't be blowing these tiny wee teams off the pitch is just silly. The difference in quality between us and the rest of the league we have been dropped in is vast. Think about it, say one of these teams has a few of its "better" players out, comes to Ibrox and has a bad day. Is ten really that far fetched? Shit, the fiddlers put 9 past the sheep not that long ago. We are going to run up cricket scores most weeks. Not being arrogant here, we are just miles better.

There is humility and there is realism. Most of these teams could fill the toilets at Ibrox let a lone a stand. We are going to be handing out pastings every week and it might even get a bit dull. Pretending these wee teams with four or five hundred fans will be able to do more than get slaughtered is patronising. How many teams will finish with eleven men? Cause you know there will be sendings off when the less gifted players make errors. What happens then? Ten or even nine third div players against us at Ibrox with 50k Bears driving us on, A pumping is what will happen and happen often. Its not really fair on the wee tens but that's life.

Of course its a massive step down, but we also have a massive loss of quality in the squad.

Anyone that thinks we just turn up and win 10 - 0 is deluded.

We will have a game on our hands every week. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity for some of these opposing players.

I expect us to win most games, and win the division comfortably, but there is a lot of work to do on the way!

Of course its a massive step down, but we also have a massive loss of quality in the squad.

We will have a game on our hands every week. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity for some of these opposing players.

I expect us to win most games, and win the division comfortably, but there is a lot of work to do on the way!

i'm not sure i agree with that. i think a lot of people on here are vastly over-estimating the teams we will b e up against. the most difficult period for the fans will be about 20 games in when we realize there is no challenge, and we have two and a half more seasons before we get a challenging league game

Got to disagree with much of that. I know we have lost a fair bit of quality but we will still have a window to bring players in and have the basis of a good SPL team. I'm not saying it will happen every week but can you not see it happening? As I said a slightly weekend team comes to Ibrox, gets a man sent off and has a bit of a 'mare at the back against vastly superior players. Can you really not see it happening? Think about the cuffings we hand out in the SPL, including against them. It will be a cup final for most of these teams but they are going to have to play so at above there normal level just to avoid a beating that I'm certain at least once all these factors will come together on a day when we just click.

Ach well agree to disagree.

Unfortunately what I see if we are overpowering teams is playing with 11 opposition players packed into the box. We are going to have to find ways of drawing them out and having players FINALLY making blind side runs, something Ally was superb at mind you.

Personally I'm not looking for massive goal tallies or the humiliation of other teams.

It looks as if we have managed to retain a few experienced players. It is imperative we win matches but more vital IMO is to rebuild our squad. That means giving younger players an opportunity to learn their craft and hone their skills alongside the experienced campaigners.

This is a great and unique opportunity for players to breakthrough into the first team.

We have complained for years about youth not being given a chance - well that chance has now arrived.

Lets concentrate on performance and player improvement not how many goals we can score.

[quote

How to win friends and influence people.

i/quote"Will we put ten goals past these poor div 3 diddies?"

you are so right.what a stupid arrogant statement to come out with before we even have the license to start playing our 3rd division opponents

The 3rd Division is no stroll in the park. I've played in it ( and won it :D ) so I know how good a standard it actually is. Was only a fee years ago that Queens Park knocked Aberdeen out the Scottish Cup. Will be tighter games than some people think.

Let's just hope we get to play next season.

I also believe that speaking so badly of our new opponents, will make the job of rebuilding the good name of our club somewhat more difficult.