Sky and Espn

Honestly, I think the time has come for the guys who run this forum to stop new members for the time being, that's two threads av opened this morning and the OP have just joined and I get the suspicion that they are bheasts along with a few others who think the same as me!!

Have you ever tried cancelling Sky? What will happen is your call will be put through to the section dealing with cancellations and no-one will want to answer because if they do and you cancel that person suffers via lack of bonus for letting a customer go.

So you will either be on hold for a very long time at a VERY expensive rate and you either will hang up in frustration or be subjected to a hard sell about alternatives to cancellation and warned of penalty fees for so doing.

But wait, you want to go through this process to merely threaten to cancel if Sky don't put the SPL in its place? Well then you will be given platitudes at best about how your point will be highlighted at a higher level and the relieved operator will come off the phone and wipe a bead of sweat from his/her brow at the fact that you haven't actually cancelled.

You will also have paid a wee fortune in your phone bill to make your threat known.

Not only this but you will have to do it all over again if you want to carry out your threat.

Finally a few hundred thousand cancellations - if you are lucky - is a mere drop in the ocean to the millions who will continue to subscribe to Sky.

The idealogy of your OP may appeal to you and others but the reality is completely different.

And there you go I didn't call you one of those from the dark side either

I cancelled sky recently as I'm leaving the country and got through no problem, no hard sell to keep me on sky either

I cancelled sky recently as I'm leaving the country and got through no problem, no hard sell to keep me on sky either

That certainly wasn't my experience when I cancelled mine. I was on hold for ages and when I got through I was told I would be transferred to the right section and the phone line went dead.

Perhaps your reason for cancelling is on Sky's "acceptable reasons for cancellation list" along with things like bereavement etc.

I wouldn't go back to them but I wouldn't tell anyone else what to do. We all are entitled to make choices which suit us best.