Div 3, 2 and 1 titles

TheBalls

99 members have voted

1. 1. If we win div 3, 2 then 1, how do you see it?

If as expected, we win div 3, 2 and 1 to get back into the SPL (although I still think the league will be restructured and we'll be in SPL2 or nearer the top flight before then), would these be added to the 54 titles?

So by the time we get to the SPL would we have 57 titles or do folk only really see the top flight titles as ones to add to the number?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Just depends really.

If there is one then it would have to be a yes, but then if there isn't then it would be no.

There is always the fact that it could be very difficult to tell either way because getting concrete stuff down is increasingly difficult, this is in spite of the advancement of technology in the last few years.

Already a 50/50 split.

The reason I am posting as this could lead to fans confusion.

Wonder what the clubs stance will be?

When will be see the 6th star on the jersey?

At 60 top flight or 57 top flight and the other 3.

TOP FLIGHT ONLY FOR ME.

Already a 50/50 split.

TOP FLIGHT ONLY FOR ME.

:shifty:

Why would we count Div. 3,2,1, as "Titles" when they are won in a lesser competition ?....The mhanks on the other hand count titles gained during the war years and have no fucking shame doing it.......Let's just count our titles the Rangers way. :pipe:

Why would we count Div. 3,2,1, as "Titles" when they are won in a lesser competition ?....The mhanks on the other hand count titles gained during the war years and have no fucking shame doing it.......Let's just count our titles the Rangers way. :pipe:

Agreed (tu)

Sorry sir but you seem to be counting 'our' future titles the 'bheggar' way . . . a title is a title and to me it is not any 'lesser' as you put it.

If we are back in 3 years it'll be 57 FACT!

Sorry sir but you seem to be counting 'our' future titles the 'bheggar' way . . . a title is a title and to me it is not any 'lesser' as you put it.

If we are back in 3 years it'll be 57 FACT!

You are quite entitled to your opinion, young fella.....I'll stick to my Rangers principles instilled in me since I started following Rangers in 1953 :pipe:

Already a 50/50 split.

TOP FLIGHT ONLY FOR ME.

The sixth star will be the most vindicating moment of all, for this is the road we are now on.

And there will be no mercy on way to our goal for those who have twisted the knife....no mercy.

I would say the spl is a lesser competition for the next few years too but they will still count. I say it'll be 57

As much as I realize this is a wind up, I'll take the bait....You can only win what league you are in, so in terms of league titles won of course it would be 57. Again the obsession with us from timothy is embarrassing.

It's not a wind up, it's a genuinefucking question and at the time of posting it's 50/50.

You want a 6th star on the shirt for 60 titles including 3 from lower divisions? That's just open to every cunt saying, "Aye but 3 were in the lower divisions" etc....

I would say the spl is a lesser competition for the next few years too but they will still count. I say it'll be 57

You are quite correct that the SPL will be a lesser compertition and that indeed the tarriers will claim it with glee. I can see the point of us adding these titles up if we win them, but as I said to the other poster, it all a matter of opinion.....And when it comes to the crunch, it's what the club decides that is the one that will determine how many titles we have earned.....Whetever the club says, I'll be happy to go along with it. :pipe:

The 54 league titles we have won to date are 54 of the top division in our country. Winning the 3rd division is not to be compared to winning the top division. It is just another competition. If we win the UEFA cup then we will not put a star on our jersey akin to if we win the European cup, if a nation wins the European championship they do not wear a star as if they had won the World Cup.

Each of our stars represents 10 occasions on which we demonstrated that we were the best team in our own country. Winning the 3rd Division does not demonstrate this no matter how much we know it to be true :-)

I look forward to 60 but it will not be achieved in the next 6 years

If as expected, we win div 3, 2 and 1 to get back into the SPL (although I still think the league will be restructured and we'll be in SPL2 or nearer the top flight before then), would these be added to the 54 titles?

So by the time we get to the SPL wouldz we have 57 titles or do folk only really see the top flight titles as ones to add to the number?

3,2,1,SPL is never going to happen. there will be a reconstruction and if anyone thinks otherwise then their living in a fantasy land.

only the top league titles will count and it's not even a good noise up as its just schoolboy to think they would.

and the spl will be a lesser standard, off course it is without us but to think the spl is a lower standard that 1,2 or 3 is total pish.

The 54 league titles we have won to date are 54 of the top division in our country. Winning the 3rd division is not to be compared to winning the top division. It is just another competition. If we win the UEFA cup then we will not put a star on our jersey akin to if we win the European cup, if a nation wins the European championship they do not wear a star as if they had won the World Cup.

Each of our stars represents 10 occasions on which we demonstrated that we were the best team in our own country. Winning the 3rd Division does not demonstrate this no matter how much we know it to be true :-)

End of thread.

I think the above quote sums the situation up perfectly.